What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | Group C/D | Scotland 22-8 USA | Salford

Group C/D: Scotland v USA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bovrick

Juniors
Jeez that's soft. USA running out of steam again? Could be really ugly if they're this tired against Australia.

natheel

Coach
I'm gathering its 16-8? Haha wish USA would win this but they run out of steam usually in the last 20

Wilson1

Juniors
If Scotland don't make the quarters and the USA do then it shows what a farce the intra group games are.

vamosrafa

Juniors
If Scotland don't make the quarters and the USA do then it shows what a farce the intra group games are.

Group D had the weakest teams, not how it should have been. Wales are terrible it was easy to we even before the World Cup, the other three groups could be considered groups of death on a way, but group D was definitely the weakest and most disappointing.

This is why 16 teams would be better, add Lebanon, Russia/Canada, the results still won't be major blowouts like that of 2000.

Godz Illa

Coach
Enjoyed all of Scotland's games this tournament. Depsite being Italian I hope they get through to the quarters

Saint Doc

Coach

That's not the farce. The problem is that the pools were based on rankings, but most of the teams are playing with lineups vastly different (mostly stronger) than the teams that qualified.

When I looked the pools before the tournament it seemed obvious: Tonga and Wales to progress.

Instead, it seems Scotland and Italy will be the most hard done by if one of them doesn't qualify, whilst the USA qualified before their last game!

Don't know the answer. Hopefully the legacy of this World Cup will be more players competing for countries other than the big 3 during end of year tournaments

1stNov2000

Juniors
three games in nine days dosen't help either. USA - Australia quarterfinal, I remember the last time these two teams played, I think USA raced off to a 24-0 lead only to get run down.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
three games in nine days dosen't help either. USA - Australia quarterfinal, remember the last time these two teams played, I think USA raced off to a 24-0 lead only to get run down.

I'm not sure the australians were 100% sober in that game.

3 games in 9 days is ridiculous. that sort of thing shouldn't happen.