What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | QF4 | Samoa 4-22 Fiji | Warrington

Quarter Final 4: Samoa v Fiji

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tone83

Juniors
I'll take Aku Uate and Kevin Naiqama over the one man Milford show.
Don't forget Waqa and Koroibete, they've had a quiet tournament but they might just decide to fire this game, and honestly they're two of the top outside backs of the NRL. Waqa especially had an amazing NRL season this year, Koroibete was looking really really good too before he got injured. Both more than just "fast fijians", have done amazing things on both ends of the field. I reckon all 4 of these players (kev naiqama, uate, waqa and Koroibete) are all set to be extremely elite outside backs of a calibre that could waltz into the australian side and will be remembered long after they've left the game. Probably least convinced with uate funnily enough, think the other 3 are more talented and uate has already achieved a lot.

All this said, I've been more impressed with samoa as a unit this tournament.

Absolutely game of the quarters and I think could be the game of the tournament, so excited for it.

Diesel

Referee
Which team would give Australia the biggest test next week?

I think Fiji have more points in them but Samoa is a far more physical side

Bovrick

Juniors
I'll go for Samoa, just because I'd like them to have a crack at Australia, something Fiji have already had. Otherwise I'm just going to enjoy watching them play again, it's been great.

Rudderriffic

Juniors
Don't forget Waqa and Koroibete, they've had a quiet tournament but they might just decide to fire this game, and honestly they're two of the top outside backs of the NRL. Waqa especially had an amazing NRL season this year, Koroibete was looking really really good too before he got injured. Both more than just "fast fijians", have done amazing things on both ends of the field. I reckon all 4 of these players (kev naiqama, uate, waqa and Koroibete) are all set to be extremely elite outside backs of a calibre that could waltz into the australian side and will be remembered long after they've left the game. Probably least convinced with uate funnily enough, think the other 3 are more talented and uate has already achieved a lot.

Waqa's parents will be bloody lucky to remember his name after he retires, let alone the greater Rugby League audience. He is a completely average winger with the added bonus of the occasional brain explosion. During this tournament he has looked so far out of depth playing at centre, or further to the point; away from the Melbourne Storm try delivery system.

As far as these four 'walking into' the Australian side, either now or in the future, you are deadset in some sort of rlwc induced fantasy. All of these players have pretty glaring deficiencies in their games, and, with the exception Koroibete, none of them are exactly young. How would Kev (24) ever push Inglis (26) or Hayne (25) for the fullback spot? Or at what stage in his late twenties do you expect Waqa (27) to snatch a centre or wing spot from any Australian incumbent? Uate has been there before and could clearly be there again, but there is a damn good reason selectors went off him for both the SOO side and the Test side.

I am the biggest fan of Kev & Uate, and love watching this Fijian side play, but your claims are ludicrous. Waqa is one of the weakest outside backs in their squad ffs.

stormbati

Bench
Waqa's parents will be bloody lucky to remember his name after he retires, let alone the greater Rugby League audience. He is a completely average winger with the added bonus of the occasional brain explosion. During this tournament he has looked so far out of depth playing at centre, or further to the point; away from the Melbourne Storm try delivery system.

As far as these four 'walking into' the Australian side, either now or in the future, you are deadset in some sort of rlwc induced fantasy. All of these players have pretty glaring deficiencies in their games, and, with the exception Koroibete, none of them are exactly young. How would Kev (24) ever push Inglis (26) or Hayne (25) for the fullback spot? Or at what stage in his late twenties do you expect Waqa (27) to snatch a centre or wing spot from any Australian incumbent? Uate has been there before and could clearly be there again, but there is a damn good reason selectors went off him for both the SOO side and the Test side.

I am the biggest fan of Kev & Uate, and love watching this Fijian side play, but your claims are ludicrous. Waqa is one of the weakest outside backs in their squad ffs.

I watch Melbourne every week buddy and Waqa is one of the best defending outside backs in the NRL. Of all Fijian backs, at club level he is the most consistent and makes some great decisions. Don't know where you get your "brain explosions" from.

Packy

Bench
This game is on at the worst time. too late to stay up for and too early to wake up for.

I have no idea who will win and no idea who i want to win. Lots of players in both teams i like.

adamkungl

Immortal

All this said, I've been more impressed with samoa as a unit this tournament.

Absolutely game of the quarters and I think could be the game of the tournament, so excited for it.

:lol: christ almighty. Do you even watch Rugby League?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Looking forward to this match, don't care who wins just looking forward to what I know these two can produce against each other. Crazy running passing and tackling Rugby, the way it was meant to be played.

marv

Juniors
When i did my prediction table, this game stood out like a shilling on a crows arse. I have had the tickets for this game for ages and at one point have had both sides as my panto villain. Fiji after the Ireland game and Samoa for taking out France. got over that now! and really looking forward to these two going at it up front and some exiting outside backs, both sides have obvious question marks over the halves but it should be a cracker either way and I am going to try and remain imparitial throughout. It takes a while to get to Warrington from Barrow so I am gonna set off right now. Hope everyone enjoys the tie of the round.

expansionist

Juniors
Radrada was way out of his depth against England in defence.

I think this game is too tight to call - I want whoever has the better chance of beating Australia to win.

Who would that be? Samoa?

natheel

Coach
Radrada was way out of his depth against England in defence.

I think this game is too tight to call - I want whoever has the better chance of beating Australia to win.

Who would that be? Samoa?

I reckon he will be OK in defence v Samoa

So give Koriobete a rest and have him and Uate both in the next game (I think Fiji will win)

Bovrick

Juniors
Great spirit from the Fijians in their anthem there. Is it true that these nations have only played each other once before?!

Latest posts