What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | Semi Final | New Zealand 20-18 England | Wembley

Semi Final: NZ v ENG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tommy Smith

Referee
Kiwis by 18.

JWH, SBW, Matulino, Moa and Bromwich will smash England and Issac Luke will then carve them up. And then RTS will cut them to pieces on the end of it.

Issac Luke MotM.

roughyedspud

Coach
Kiwis by 18.

JWH, SBW, Matulino, Moa and Bromwich will smash England and Issac Luke will then carve them up. And then RTS will cut them to pieces on the end of it.

Issac Luke MotM.

james graham,sam burgess,chris hill,george burgess & ben westwood will smash NZ and roby &burrow will then carve them up...and the watkins,hall & charnley will cut them to pieces on the end of it...

kev sinfield MotM...just to annoy everyone

see what ive done there?? :lol:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
james graham,sam burgess,chris hill,george burgess & ben westwood will smash NZ and roby &burrow will then carve them up...and the watkins,hall & charnley will cut them to pieces on the end of it...

kev sinfield MotM...just to annoy everyone

see what ive done there?? :lol:

Yeah, you just regurgitated basically the same thing you said before you played Australia...

byrner

Juniors
I was planning to go for England, but after just watching the game against the French I hope NZ give it to them good. Such a gruby team.

Springs

First Grade
I think England has the superior back line. Whare/Goodwin is not a good combination in my opinion, and Manu can be outstanding when on but on his bad days he is the worst player in the NRL. If the Kiwis win it will be through the forwards and Luke.
England need to utilize their backs this game, it will be interesting since Tomkins has been the only one able to set them up for any breaks or tries. Chase and Sinfiles haven't been able to do shit with them.

Izz

Bench
England by 10.

Sam Burgess to give his shorts to one of the touchies after the game.
Issac Luke to get into a fight with some midgets and/or children at halftime when they taunt him while he's walking up the tunnel.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
I think England has the superior back line. Whare/Goodwin is not a good combination in my opinion, and Manu can be outstanding when on but on his bad days he is the worst player in the NRL. If the Kiwis win it will be through the forwards and Luke.
England need to utilize their backs this game, it will be interesting since Tomkins has been the only one able to set them up for any breaks or tries. Chase and Sinfiles haven't been able to do shit with them.

Don't you just hate it when surprising hard facts mess up your argument? Chase and Sinfield have the same number of try assists as cronk, thurston and DCE put together :lol:

Springs

First Grade
Lol so? I said they haven't been able to do shit with the backs and they haven't. Sinfield has two try assists, one from a kick and one from an offload to a forward. Chase has 4, none against Australia. The one against France was from a kick, although his five errors from that game is the more important stat. Unfortunately it doesn't have a stat for how many times he's f**ked up a good set play, or how many times he's jumped around and did nothing, or how many pointless flick passes he's done.

Springs

First Grade
By contrast Tomkins has 7 try assists, which was my original point, that Tomkins was far more effective working with the backs than Chase or Sinfield. Funny when hard facts go your way, isn't it?

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Lol so? I said they haven't been able to do shit with the backs and they haven't. Sinfield has two try assists, one from a kick and one from an offload to a forward. Chase has 4, none against Australia. The one against France was from a kick, although his five errors from that game is the more important stat. Unfortunately it doesn't have a stat for how many times he's f**ked up a good set play, or how many times he's jumped around and did nothing, or how many pointless flick passes he's done.

He's one of those players, Chase. Good when he's good, awful when he's bad. I thought he went ok against Australia. You'll do well convincing any Leeds fan Sir Kev isn't the best option. He has as much big game experience as any player in the comp. So while there's no doubt NZ and Aus have a better halves pairing, Chase and Sinfield are probably the best option available. Although i hope Burrow gets a shot instead of McIlorum. Just offers something else.

Regardless - double header at the national stadium - should be a great advert for the game.

Springs

First Grade
I thought Sinfield was the right option. He just doesn't have the right halves partner. Even if he's not a great half, he's a great captain.
Chase will never be the right option when England play with structure like they are now. It's the same debate as when Benji still wanted to play in this WC. A talented player sure, can come up with the magic play, but the rubbish he brings is better left out. Widdop-Sinfield is a better option just as Foran-Johnson is a better option. That said McNamara f**ked up royally by refusing to give Brough a go. So much better than Chase its not funny.