What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | Semi Final | New Zealand 20-18 England | Wembley

Semi Final: NZ v ENG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeedsStorm

Juniors
By contrast Tomkins has 7 try assists, which was my original point, that Tomkins was far more effective working with the backs than Chase or Sinfield. Funny when hard facts go your way, isn't it?

Inglis has more assists from full back too. So are you suggesting you should omit Thurston and Cronk from the Kangaroos? :D

BrisbaneRhino

Juniors
He didn't refuse to give Brough a go. Brough said he'd play for England if he was guaranteed first choice. McNamara told him he'd have to earn the spot, so Brough went off in a sulk. Brough has all but said exactly this happened.

There's no doubt at all Brough would have been in the squad if he'd been available - and the opportunity was always there for him to grab the starting halfback spot. He chose to take his bat home and not fight for a place.

McNamara may or may not be a good coach, but Brough playing for Scotland is all down to him.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I check the betting yesterday
NZ $1.33
England $3.35
England is getting 8.5 start at $1.90
I think England are good value at that price playing at home.
If they can damage SBW in the early exchanges they are a great chance.

Billythekid

First Grade
I thought Sinfield was the right option. He just doesn't have the right halves partner. Even if he's not a great half, he's a great captain.

Is that supposed to be a compliment? We're talking about the most important position on the field. You also don't have to be playing there to be a captain. Chuck him at lock or something and he can still do that.

I realize England may not have the most options so i'm not sure what the best halves pairing is, but if it includes Sinfield it's pretty damn subpar. Chase is even worse.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I can't wait for this game. I keep changing my mind on who I think will win. England have their best team in a while, good momentum and the home ground advantage which will be massive at Wembley and Old Trafford (if they make it). They also don't have a mental block when it comes to beating the kiwis.

NZ have arguably the best Kiwi line up of all time and are arguably the best international side in the world at the moment (rankings aside).

I think if England win on Sat they will go down to the Aussies in a tight one the following week but if the Kiwis win I think they will defend their crown.

England will have to get off to a flying start though against the Kiwis.

Billythekid

First Grade
Still pissed at the Golden Boot award then :lol:

The only golden boot winner i pretty much remember was Minicello and i don't know why i remember it. I'm not sure many people really pay attention to it down here.

sinfield has won MotM in the last 2 or 3 games against nz....i expect he'll win it again on saturday lol

I would love to see England win the whole world cup so this wouldn't bother me at all.

Yes, we have a poor record against England in England. Hopefully with get an Aussie ref for this one as we would struggle with an English ref. Should be a great game to watch.

ozbash

Referee
Yes, we have a poor record against England in England. Hopefully with get an Aussie ref for this one as we would struggle with an English ref. Should be a great game to watch.

Cummins is reffing.

not sure who he hates most, us or England. probably even..;-)

Springs

First Grade
Reminds of a disrespectful British couple sitting behind me in Wrexham saying how Australia shouldn't be allowed to have a Southern Hemisphere ref (after I told them Perenara was NZ not Aussie), even though they were playing USA.

England seem proud of their record over NZ, so if you think you're that good it shouldn't matter that you have an NRL ref.

Harrigan

Juniors
That's pretty much how I see it, and Cummins has been the best Aussie NRL in the tournament so far so I have no problems.

I heard on Saturday that Cummins and Silverwood might be swapping leagues next year too. I think that would be good for both of them. I'd like to see how an NRL ref copes with an ESL crowd every week. I think Silverwood would cement his place as the best ref in the world too.