What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

14-0 at halftime

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good first half from the boys, i really thought we should be more than 14 points in front. But if we keep playing like this we should get home.

V1er

Juniors
Frustrating 2nd half to watch, dont know what was worse, our performance at times or the fox sports commentators.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
V1er said:
Frustrating 2nd half to watch, dont know what was worse, our performance at times or the fox sports commentators.

f**k Daley's an idiot.

As if he didnt see that obstruction, Finch (i think it was him) was impeded by the attacker and played on, even though he was tackled a bit further up.

V1er

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
f**k Daley's an idiot.

As if he didnt see that obstruction, Finch (i think it was him) was impeded by the attacker and played on, even though he was tackled a bit further up.

we also got penalised first for obstuction and daley had no problem with that one being awarded when there was no difference between the two.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Brisbane played well, we had man on the field obviously injured eg Ben, Hayne, Mateo but we still held on, they had a sh*tloadof possesion in that secong half.

V1er

Juniors
at this stage, id much rather the eels be in tight matches than just walk overs, i dont think that would benefit us, having close games should hopefully strenghten our mental toughness.

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
i think that shephard call was fair, Taylor ran into finch and took out 3 parra players and Carlaw or who ever it was ran behind him, fair call

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee ordinary second half tonight, we came out in the second half asleep. We have to learn to put sides away. But at least we got the 2 points

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Daley was so biased tonight it wasn't funny.

NT_Eelsfan said:
i think that shephard call was fair, Taylor ran into finch and took out 3 parra players and Carlaw or who ever it was ran behind him, fair call

Exactly.

The strength of every tackle has an influence on the game. The bloke who eventually got tackled did so a couple of metres in front of where the shepherd happened and landed on his stomach. Were it not for the obstruction he might've been driven back.

As it was, if they played on like Daley and co wanted, they likely would have made another massive gain or even broken the line on the next play, whereas if the defenders were given a fair shot on the runner we would've had time to set our defensive line after the tackle.

V1er said:
at this stage, id much rather the eels be in tight matches than just walk overs, i dont think that would benefit us, having close games should hopefully strenghten our mental toughness.

Mate, these last two games, while only winning narrowly, have impressed me far more than the floggings we dished out earlier in the season.

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
i thought we were good against the brisbane attack with there repeat sets and all.

and to come back after those repeat sets to score :D:D

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
It's doesn't matter what Parra do, or who they play the opposition is always better. That showed again tonight the commentators were all for the drongo's, Parra never got credit for the way they played the half, it was Brisbane can come back, SO Parra have go out on the footy field and let the ball do the talking.
I always felt when a team has lost so many players the players stepping in will always stand up and deliver and show what they have. The commentators have short memories the Drongos where without their origin players during the origin sereis and those players and most of them were playing tonight won those games, with Lockyer, Tate, Hodge, Hunt etc.
Living in Brisbane the Brisbane papers will read something like " Drongo's nearly had it". But THEY DIDN'T the score was 20-16 Parra's way. PARRA WON THE GAME, GOT THE 2 POINTS and that's that.
When are people going to realise injuries happen, u can't change that and when are the club's going to realise that when a player has a injury and all reports come out and say the player is out for up to 6 weeks, they let them recover from the injury before rushing them back, the Drongos did that to Lockyer this year when he did his ankle, he was ruled out for 4-6 weeks (I think it was b4 the origin series), but a what a surprise he was playing the next week and hurt the ankle again the following fortnight and again he was playing within the week. Sorry for raving on, but I'm not a Drongo support, can't stand them and never will. One thing that came out of tonight game beside the Mighty Eels winning was we didn't have to listen to bloody Ben Ikin on the side line, going on about the Drongos.

Eelementary

Post Whore
8. Hannant
9. Berrigan
10. Civoniceva
11. Parker
12. Thorn (?)
13. Eastwood

I can't recall who played in the number 12. But other than that, you have 4 ex or current rep players, an up-and-comer who's been playing brilliantly and whoever played in the number 12.

Now...Who thought we should have won this easily? Any team that can have a pack with such talent as that is always going to be hard to beat.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
hineyrulz said:
Gee ordinary second half tonight, we came out in the second half asleep. We have to learn to put sides away. But at least we got the 2 points

Mate, there's an ebb and flow in every game (as long as both sides have turned up to play). I thought it was a good 80 minutes from both teams.

It's only natural you're going to be outscored when you spend half a match defending a lead.

It's when we tried to be adventurous that we gave Brisbane the most opportunities. I think we were far enough in front that defending the lead was the right option. Why do you think Bennett's so pissed off? At 14-0 down Brisbane were always going to come out firing and we handled everything they threw at us.

Latest posts