What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // 4N Wk 1 // Sat 7:30pm // AUS 12-30 NZ // Suncorp

4 Nations Game 2: Australia v New Zealand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

isaiah

Bench
Partial list of unavailable players:

1. Slater
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Hodges
5. Boyd
6. Hayne
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. Friend
10. Myles
11. Lewis
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Fifita
15. Merrin
16. Gillett
17. Tamou

Aswell as losing Inglis and DCE for the entire second half. New Zealand are too good to be able to beat when youre missing an entire teams worth of players and are missing half your spine for the entire second half.

Throw in a shit coach and the result should have been expected. Australia annihilated everyone in the world cup.last year, but the side this year is nearly completely different and for the first time in god knows how long had far less experience then the Kiwis.

I think Australia will beat Samoa and thats it. The forward pack is deadset shit and as much as people want to bag Sheens for selections, there simply isnt a good forward pack available with all these injuries. There might be one or two players who could be a slight improvement, but we cant name a pack on par with England and New Zealand. Not with our 5 best front rowers out.
and the players we missed the most were scott, thurston and myles. all qlder's. the nz forwards would not have run over matt scott or nate myles and they would not have had zero impact like hoffman, papalii, and farah.

Still think we would have lost if Matt Scott was out there ,but it would have been a far closer game.
We had no forward leader,no one making the metres.something he does week in week out at all levels .
If Woods is our best prop at the moment we are so far up shit creek it's not funny.

mxlegend99

Referee
If we were rotating Scott, Tamou, Gallen and Myles in the front row theres no wasted spots in the team for guys like Papali, Thaiday, Woods and Hoffman. That forward pack.would get the.job done.

Klemmer is likely.to.come in now. Our series will be over in back to back losses.

Tamou is a wasted spot.

Average. Soft. Powderpuff. Just some words I'd use to describe him.

Have to agree. He had one good year at the Cowboys and has been living off that ever since. He was so good in 2014 he was demoted to the bench by Paul Green for Ashton Sims.

Last edited:
The absence of the likes of Lillyman. Tolman and McGuire from the squad should see all necessary parties involved sacked.

How can anyone suggest that Thaiday and Papalii are better props? What an insult.

I don't think you'll get much of an arguement there considering they're both far better in the second row :/

Simple question .Would Lillyman & McGuire have made a difference as our starting props.

I think a huge difference ( still think the loss of GI &. DCE) would have seen us lose.
Jeez we still prob would have lost,but would have been interesting with 2 props with some size & go forward.

& that's not taking anything away from the Kiwis .
They were far better,but FMD our selectors/coach are clueless.

Gonna be a cracker of a game this Sunday...will sit back and watch the Poms murder the Aussies in the middle of the park.

Spot On

Coach
How the f**k anyone rates Tamou is beyond explanation. An absolute cat. Tarzan and Jane syndrome. Not NRL standard let alone rep worthy. f**ken yuck. Offers nothing carrying the ball and is unable to tackle anything that doesn't actually run straight into him. Slow and weak.

How the f**k anyone rates Tamou is beyond explanation. An absolute cat. Tarzan and Jane syndrome. Not NRL standard let alone rep worthy. f**ken yuck. Offers nothing carrying the ball and is unable to tackle anything that doesn't actually run straight into him. Slow and weak.

Yep spot on( pardon the pun).
As a Cows fan I feel the way about Tamou as I used to about Ashton.
Hope his name wasn't in this weeks 17.

Only good thing about Tamou is his ordinary ability means another prop had to step up to help out Scott.

So Ashton finally grew up ,started playing good hard footy & gave up a lot of the bullshit in his game .He became a very good prop .
Would have Ashton any day over Aussie Jim.
Don't think we will ever see Tamou in Aussie Jersey again ,but you never know with the clueless selectors

Tend to agree...gets picked on size alone but no skill.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Who does Hunt have to f**k to get a representative debut? Like f**king seriously. Farah on the bench again and Sione debuting on the wing after SEVEN first grade games.

Sheens needs to go. He is a moron.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Lolz at Ben Hunt,this guy was a bench nuffie until this season and even then he finished on the same amount of points as the lowly Eels despite them having way more players with SOO and International level experience

A2_tha_MFK

Juniors
There no need to take out your anger at being second rate at your premier sport that the opposition don't care about, England are like get this off my tv the Premier League is on soon, the New Zealanders are like ay cuz dis aint the all blacks bro the Aussies are living and dying by their Plodderoos.

I couldn't give a shit if we get beaten or not. Just like you say, nobody gives a shit about League Internationals. Thats not what it's about to me! All I care about is Manly. League is about State of Origin, Sea Eagles, Eels, Bulldogs, Roosters and so on. That is all I watch it for. If I want to watch something International, I'll watch Union. I like my league local.

Do I care if Australia never wins League or any other sport? No doesn't matter, at the end of the day, Aust is f**king heaven. We don't have much to complain or worry about. Life is good.

England has started to win shit in recent times. All I can say is "About f**king time!". What's your excuse? 54 Million people for f**ks sake. A first world country that spends a shit load on sport. You should be dominating. But no, the USA does that.