What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // 4N Wk 2 // Sun 4pm // AUS 16-12 ENG // AAMI

4 Nations Game 4: Australia v England

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
Good golly don't waste any more of your time on these simpletons mx :lol:

alien

Referee
The picture of Inglis touching the ball, whilst the ball was on the ground and in goal, shows how a 2D picture doesn't show the whole story, because he didn't ground the ball, but looking at the 2D picture you could say he did. Magpie4Eva, or what ever his name is, said you need 3D, but I say you need 4D (time). Still pictures don't show everything and the Inglis picture shows that. The game shouldn't be reffed like that. You have to watch it in motion (especially normal speed). It was close but the ref didn't think it was a try, and if he went to the video ref to check it, the video ref would have said it was inconclusive (looking at it at normal speed) so he would have said no try.

alien

Referee
I am not going to start on how many different reasons I can prove your finger bending ball bouncing touching thingy theory wrong..

Why couldn't a ball that was knocked back, that's still in motion and rolling/bouncing around, bend a finger a bit??? Nick the end of your finger and see if it stays perfectly still..

Last edited:

alien

Referee
For those who live in 2D and say it was a try then you can't say that this wasn't grounded first. Can't have it both ways.
B1a3u-4IYAAjgiJ.jpg

Bovrick

Juniors
For those who live in 2D and say it was a try then you can't say that this wasn't grounded first. Can't have it both ways.
B1a3u-4IYAAjgiJ.jpg

They can - the rules for grounding the ball in goal are different to those for scoring a try. Defenders need to intend to ground the ball (to force the restart), attackers don't. Unless the rule on defenders accidentally grounding in goal has been changed (again?).

By all means it's easily argued that it's a no try, but the above is plain wrong.

Does anyone know when the video ref rules were agreed to be changed for international rules? Also what are the current definitions for scoring a try - I seem to remember there being a distinction between grounding a ball from a kick and from when you're already carrying it at some point too... really doesn't help when players are so used to playing under different rules I guess - does anyone actually know where the rules are that this tournament are being played under? Cause they don't appear to be the same as the written rules online....