What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // Origin I // Wed 28 // QLD 8-12 NSW // Suncorp

Origin I: Maroons or Blues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

souths_pride

Juniors
Totally agree. With that type of attitude, the guy should just hang up his boots and walk away from the game. If you have a pre-existing condition that requires a neck brace, then you only have yourself to blame if you end up disabled in what is one of the most high impact physical sports in the world.

Tate could render himself a paraplegic (or worse) by going into a tackle the wrong way. Others, notably Andrew Johns, retired before they had the chance to further complicate a injury, and with good reason.

After you retire Tate, just make sure you make a sizable donation to the Steve Price Chin Foundation.

The thing thats going to count against Josh Reynolds is that Greg Bird got three weeks for a tackle that I thought wasnt as bad. So to keep it consistent I think hes going to cop a few weeks. Plus, if Reynolds gets off you can bet your life Mal Meninga will be whinging about it for the next 10 years and he'll start with the conspiracy theories etc. I agree with you on Tate though..he's always whinging! Instead of bitching to the media about he should grow a pair and sort it out on the field!

maple_69

Bench
Well it didn't end up mattering but the decisions were not even.
Hayne could have copped a penalty for his contest arguably. It was very 50/50 the double movement call on his try as well. He grounded his ball carrying arm and Slater still had a hand on him, but was nowhere near in control and Hayne had momentum. On field ref called it try so they couldn't have overuled it.

NSW had the Hayne break call go against them. That was a huge momentum changer. NSW were starting to struggle up front and that would have had them right back on the front foot on attack. Boyd's first try shouldn't have happened because of the Tate knock on. Unquestionable. Then the cavalcade of rubbish calls in the last 5 minutes.

End of the day. It was a great game. The better team on the night won and we've got a great series coming up.

Spot On

Coach
I wonder what Laurie Daley does if Josh Reynolds is suspended. Given that hes very stubborn in his ways, he could use it as an opportunity to drop Hodkinson and recall Pearce and Maloney (god forbid), or will he break his mantra and just bring in another five-eight, such as Sutton or Mullen or will he bring both Sutton and Adam Reynolds. It will be very interesting!

No offence, but Sutton is no chance, surely.

beave

Coach
The incident on Slater was right in front of me at that northern end, I couldn't make out who it was but someone knocked/pushed slater mid air before he got to the bomb, kinda put him off balance. I thought it should have been a penalty to us but we got a lot kf favourable calls in the later stages so whatever.

Absolute war of atrition last night, regardless of the team you support, all the players should be appluaded for the game they produced on the field. Was amazing to watch first hand, nsw definetley deserved their win.

Good shit.

Anon

Bench

--Storm--

Juniors
Ha.

Josh Reynolds has had charge downgraded and will play.

Get ready for it.

Honestly if the young Storm player got 8 weeks for the AM tackle Reynolds should have got much worse, that AM tackle was nothing compared to the Reynolds tackle, absolute farce.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Honestly if the young Storm player got 8 weeks for the AM tackle Reynolds should have got much worse, that AM tackle was nothing compared to the Reynolds tackle, absolute farce.

Hasn't everyone universally agreed that he was harshly dealt with and hung out to dry?

Shall we hang everyone out to dry now?