What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R1 // Sun // Dragons 44-24 Tigers // ANZ

Round 1: Dragons v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MacDougall

First Grade
Yeah tbh I'd be almost inclined to put him back in reggies for a bit and give Austin the reigns just until we can work out the rest of our issues and then bring him back and punt Anasta.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The Tigers are a bunch of over the hill veterans and promising kids. There is no quality players in their prime. That could hurt the development of Brooks and Moses and co.

MacDougall

First Grade
You know to be honest I'd say Tedesco was close to best on ground in a losing side. Widdop was good too.

mxlegend99

Referee
Tigers looked like winning by 20+ early in that game and somehow walked away losing by that much against a team that has shown terrible defence and attack throughout the trials. But Michael Witt has turned them around

MacDougall

First Grade
Jeez Benji would have contributed negatively in that game. Trust me that game was tailor made for three Benji grandstand passes, two shirt grabs and 0/4 conversions.

Billythekid

First Grade
Nothing will change until that forward pack does. How any coach could think after what happened last year that starting Blair and Thompson in your back row (alongside Fulton) could work is beyond me. The coach has learned nothing it seems.

MacDougall

First Grade
I agree on Blair. It seems nothing will change with him. He needs to go now. Sue offers a thousand times more in the same role. When he's on the field you see big shots and hard running. When Blair is on the field you see the other players and wonder where he is.

Thompson I thought was alright and I don't think Murdoch-Masila or anybody else really would have done much better.

The problem was the middle third defense. We were just so slow around the ruck and Farah and Woods were major contributors there. I think Woods is in for a serious reality check this year with the upped ruck speed. He looked lost out there at times.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Don't think I could be more dissapointed with that. I didn't expect much from us this year but now I'll be shocked if we don't get the wooden spoon.

Tigers lead 12-0 after playing straight and direct. Then they get bored, start going side to side and don't look like scoring. Farah and anasta had to stand up and get it back to what was working, they failed miserably. We lost it in the 5mins between 25-20 to go when we had 3 sets on the dragons and didn't look like scoring, then finished the set with 2 horrible kicks a forward pass.

Liked the look of tedesco and Taupau, everyone else was horrible. Brooks and gavets defence was diabolical. Our right side was awful, Lulia and korobiete arent first graders, can't wait for Simona and nofoaluma ba k next week.

For the dragons widdop was absolute class, Merrin and cooper were great too.

Sadly I can't see much improvement, hate to see what souths will do to us in 2 weeks

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
Was really shocked with the score.

I watched 5 mins, got sick of the ads and commentators and googled the score

user_nat

Coach
So we just got to Witt try in the Queensland coverage, where they are checking for obstruction.
And Gus goes "I hope they don't disallow this". WHAT? After the cry he had on Friday this makes no sense.

This Year?

Immortal
I'm surprised we won, but let's put this into perspective.

It was round 1.

Tigers were missing half a team.

And Bunniesman tipped them.

**EDIT**

So happy to see we got our socks back too!

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
I agree on Blair. It seems nothing will change with him. He needs to go now. Sue offers a thousand times more in the same role. When he's on the field you see big shots and hard running. When Blair is on the field you see the other players and wonder where he is.

Thompson I thought was alright and I don't think Murdoch-Masila or anybody else really would have done much better.

The problem was the middle third defense. We were just so slow around the ruck and Farah and Woods were major contributors there. I think Woods is in for a serious reality check this year with the upped ruck speed. He looked lost out there at times.

Meh disagree on Thompson, just like last year he had no impact whatsoever. You have 3 back rowers who are all just soft. Agree about the middle third and i thought the same about woods last year, at times he looks slow around the ruck and is a big liability.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We have the worst back row in the comp, he doubt. Trouble is none if the decent talent coming through are back rowers.

Latest posts