What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R20 // Fri // Knights 16-12 Roosters // Hunter

Round 20: Knights v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soc123_au

Staff member
Great effort Newcastle. Best half of football I have seen from Roberts in a while, barring the intercept.

Chook Norris

First Grade
That was their grand final last week and they thought they were king shit for it
Hahaha

Yeah... nah.....

That was the f**ng media pumping us up again. These blokes have been f**king pretenders all year. What f**ng rubbish once again we have dished up after being favourites

kbw

Bench
Congratulations Newcastle, it took an effort.
But that refereeing was an absolute disgrace. If I made half the mistakes they did at my job I would be sacked on the spot

Roosters playing with a sense of entitlement this year and rightly getting smacked. Well done Knights. Good come back from last week's touch-up

Vic Mackey

Referee
I've Said it before and tonight confirmed it

Tyronne Roberts is newcastles beat play maker

He is a Scott prince clone IMO

Blues Riff

Bench
Well done Knights. Massive effort. The team's got some great spirit.
Now, win a few more and replace the Chooks in the eight.

Noname36

First Grade
I want to have Tyrone Robert's babies.

Thank God Scott and Smith were there too though. Love those blokes.

Swarzey

Bench
Roosters should have racked up a fair score in the first 20 minutes. Brilliant defensive effort from everyone across the pitch. To think their two tries came pure luck is a testament to the effort. I know Nick will probably say something but f**k it, luck hasn't been with us this year but we didn't let it beat us. Simply, we outplayed them tonight. Applied enough pressure and like 15 other teams, they crack.

Roberts has been up and down this year, but it's performances like tonight that make me want to see him wrapped in the colours for years to come. Even a half of his effort on a consistent basis would be incredible for the team. That clutch play at the end will no doubt be on the highlight reel at the end of the season.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I often defend Pearce but he was missing from start to finish tonight. I also do not understand why we persist with the bomb on every single 5th tackle, we have zero variation or creativity on 5th tackle kicks.

We need Jennings and topou back urgently as our strike power is severly reduced at the moment

Credit to Newcastle they played 80mins we did not

lazza

Juniors
I also do not understand why we persist with the bomb on every single 5th tackle, we have zero variation or creativity on 5th tackle kicks.

Funny you should say that - i made the same post in the Roosters forum.

Roosters were terrible!

Spot On

Coach
f**k my team!!

Our halves are shit.

Our fullback a f**king sloth.

Our forwards morons.

We are fartking pretenders.

Chook.

Remi had an off night. He's usually busy scoring tries, bending the line and snapping ball carriers in half.

Danish

Referee
I know we played shit, especially our useless genius halves, but when you lose by 4 in a game where you get a fair try disallowed plus a try scored off a 7 tackle 20m restart that should have rightfully been a drop out, it's a pretty bitter pill to swallow.

That's not even getting into how Friend could possibly instigate a fight in which he was hrown to the ground first

Apey

Staff member
Ah, there is it is. Mmm.

Knights were $5.70 to win at half time... I wouldn't have bet on them if they were $10. Happy to be wrong :cool:

footy75

Bench
I know we played shit, especially our useless genius halves, but when you lose by 4 in a game where you get a fair try disallowed plus a try scored off a 7 tackle 20m restart that should have rightfully been a drop out, it's a pretty bitter pill to swallow.

That's not even getting into how Friend could possibly instigate a fight in which he was hrown to the ground first

agree...Knights got rub of the green

Swarzey

Bench
In the act of scoring a try. Why is it so hard for some to accept that? And the other two complaints are just lols.

But welcome to our world since the prelim game.

Latest posts