What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R20 // Fri // Knights 16-12 Roosters // Hunter

Round 20: Knights v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Didn't badger mumble some sort of explanation as too why it wasnt a sin binning when Scott asked. Said there was forward pass. I can only assume he has ruled that there was forward pass before BJ got the ball, but we were still inside the 10 so knights get the penalty for offside as first infringement.

Daddycool

Juniors
Great effort by the Knights, particularly after losing Mullen. They never dropped their heads and just kept going for the whole 80mins.

The Roosters continue to let themselves down with poor discipline and an overall poor attitude. Their coach, whining about the refs again in the presser….

Danish

Referee
If SBW wasn't there, BJ scores. Simple as that. Him being offside prevented a try. Yeah, other players are offside on the tryline every week, wouldn't be surprised if we were tonight in the early stages, but those situations can't be compared to tonight's blatant foul.

You can say that about every offside player on their line, especially offside markers who tackle a dummy half trying to dive over. They are never sin binned, and neither should SBW have been.

The ony time I'd agree an offside player should be binned would be if they tackled a player from behind, as in they were still retreating back to their line and brought someone down or knocked down a pass. SBW tried to get back and had turned around to face BJ. To me he'd made an effort to get back, but didn't get back enough.

Y2Eel

First Grade
SBW made the takle without attempting to get back the 10.. professional foul..

The ball didnt advance 10 meters that play not sure where thats come from...

Y2Eel

First Grade
You can say that about every offside player on their line, especially offside markers who tackle a dummy half trying to dive over. They are never sin binned, and neither should SBW have been.

The ony time I'd agree an offside player should be binned would be if they tackled a player from behind, as in they were still retreating back to their line and brought someone down or knocked down a pass. SBW tried to get back and had turned around to face BJ. To me he'd made an effort to get back, but didn't get back enough.[/QUOTES]

Who do you support again?

perverse

Referee
lol, Danish in meltdown mode all over the place. This is a very sweet win. It was a professional foul every single day of the week. Not even remotely debatable.

Danish

Referee
SBW made the takle without attempting to get back the 10.. professional foul..

The ball didnt advance 10 meters that play not sure where thats come from...

Here is where the ball was played:

image.jpg

Here is where the tackle was made:

image-1.jpg

Looks very close to 10m to me

Rod

Bench
Maloney was pretty clearly held up I thought.

His earlier one was closer to 50/50, but we got the rub of the green on that one.

Mason playing on was fine. He wasn't held and got up, then was tackled but his arm didn't hit the ground. He's free to offload in that situation.

Not sure what all the fuss with Sione supposedly taking the ball dead is about. I would have thought it logical that if he steps out first and then touches the ball the ball is dead, in much the same way that if he was an attacking player trying to score a try, when he batted the ball back he would have to have come from inside the field of play. Happy to be proven wrong on that one though if someone actually knows the rule on that.

Danish

Referee
What you are saying doesn't go against that it should be a goal line drop out, give my you are talking about an attacking player making the ball dead by touching it with a foot in touch. The ball has to touch the ground to be considered dead. If a player is standing out and punches the ball he is considers to have made the ball dead and possession is given to the opposition.

If you need the rule though, there is a specific mention of the exact situation from last night in the rule book:

"SECTION 9 - TOUCH AND TOUCH IN-GOAL
Dead Ball Line Restarts:

Should a kick be made dead by a defending player straddling the dead ball line or touch in-goal line, play will restart with a goal line drop-out."

typicalfan

Coach
Based on the pics I see supplied it looks less than 10m.

End of the day Roosters had the lead but poor defense cost them.

Galeforce

Bench
Congratulations to the Knights .

They were given NO chance ( zip , zero, nilch) by nearly all , a fitting reward for all their supporters and especially the supporters who went to the game last night.

Rosetta

Juniors
Beau Scott questioned Badger on this matter and Badger stated there was a forward pass and the penalty was a general offside penalty, there's no sin bin.

Latest posts