What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R24 // Mon // Panthers 10-24 Storm // Sportingbet

Round 24: Panthers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2014teams-pen-main.png

1. Matt Moylan 2. Josh Mansour 3. Dean Whare 4. Jamal Idris 5. Dallin Watene Zelezniak
6. William Smith 7. Jamie Soward
8. Nigel Plum 9. James Segeyaro 10. Sam McKendry 11. Sika Manu 12. Matt Robinson 13. Adam Docker

14. Lewis Brown 15. Ben Murdoch-Masila 16. Jeremy Latimore 17. Tim Grant

2014teams-mel-alt.png

1. Billy Slater 2. Sisa Waqa 3. Will Chambers 4. Mahe Fonua 5. Marika Koroibete
6. Ben Roberts 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Tim Glasby 15. Tohu Harris 16. Junior Moors 17. Jordan McLean

2014ref-pink.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins, Gavin Morris
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Adam Reid
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Steve Folkes

VB NSW Cup Round 24
SAT 1:10PM | Mounties (CAN) v Panthers (PEN) @ Leichhardt Oval
SAT 3:00PM | Bears (SOU) v Sharks (CRO/MEL) @ North Sydney Oval

QRL Intrust Super Cup Round 25
SUN 2:10PM | Burleigh (GLD) v Easts (MEL) @ Pizzey Park, Miami

Holden Cup Under 20's Round 24
MON 4:45PM | Panthers v Storm @ Sportingbet Stadium, penrith​

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
As long as Ivan believes so do I. Panthers to defy the odds again & get home by 2.

Give us almost no chance if Seg is out. We had them beat earlier in the year only for a bullshit penalty against Lewis Brown to f**k us over.

And not paying attention to the Smith kickoff

GongPanther

Referee
After the win over the Moo-Moo Cows,if anyone doesn't believe in this side by now,they never will.

Panthers by 10.

Apparently,Seggey to miss just one week.

TheFrog

Coach
With our big 3 we would have matched their big 3 and blew them off the park with crowd support.

But one of our big 3 is out injured, while they have all of theirs. Unless the Storm rest Smith, as a token of sympathy, I think this will be a tough assignment indeed.

Doomednow

Bench
Win or lose, it seems lately we've been turning up when we play the Storm. Don't give us much chance but hope we put in a solid effort.

maple_69

Bench
Rain forecast for Monday again. Playing a side that may be flat after a big win again. Underdogs again Gets Penrith back in the game

soc123_au

Staff member
Penrith has a massive chance and should go in favourites IMO...

We are a chance, but Melbourne are always hard to beat. I would still be nervous at full strength. In saying that, the wheels haven't fallen off yet. They are buckled, rusty & have missing spokes, but still they turn. I am loving this year.

We are a chance, but Melbourne are always hard to beat. I would still be nervous at full strength. In saying that, the wheels haven't fallen off yet. They are buckled, rusty & have missing spokes, but still they turn. I am loving this year.

Penrith is killing it this year...gutsy season.

TheFrog

Coach
In this match, the Penrith Panthers will attempt to win a match in which it starts as outsider against a team below it on the table, for the 4th time in a row.

Not something for which records are kept, but this surely must be one.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Last year's win over the Storm at Penrith was considered far more unlikely than a win would be here. The Storm lost to an average Knights side recently, they are not as good as the Storm of old (look at their defensive record) but they're deserved favourites with Seg out. I'll tip the Panthers though.

Last edited: