What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R9 // Sat // Warriors 54-12 Raiders // Eden Park

Round 9: Warriors v Raiders

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
It's a disgrace that Sam Tomkins should have to line up and risk injury against an amateur team like the Raiders, they aren't worthy of sharing the same field as the English maestro.

atleast we get to see the top 2 fullbacks in the world in the next 2 games

Bench
You'd be hard pressed to find a worse 2nd rower than Josh Papali'i right now.

Or a worse coach than Ricky....
Or a worse #6 than jack wighton....
Or a worse winger than Topou.....
Or a worse front row....
Or a worse team than the raiders.......

You got the Ricky one,I raise you one Braith Anasta,Topou you win,in fact you win all the rest.

JasonE

Bench
I think in the space of 12 minutes, Tomkins scored one try, had a major hand in 3 tries and saved one.

Iafeta

Referee
Tomkins is a fair dinkum genius. Hurrell and Johnson destroyed them. Loving McFadden as coach.

manly40gimps0

Juniors
Poor Raiders fans as if being Australian wasn't bad enough you also have to live in Canberra and have awful green kits and be completely hopeless.

FFS give it a rest.

toastiex1.jpg

Diesel

Referee
Anyone see the Canberra press conference? I haven't see Campese interviewed after match but if get the feeling all isn't good at the Raiders

Pete Cash

Post Whore
We all knew that,it is only Canberra fans blaming Furners team that beleive in the myth.

The raiders have been completely mismanaged at basically every level besides buying property. Any thing football related including the way players have been managed and coaches hired has been an absolute disaster for about a decade. It's no wonder people in Canberra can barely give a shit about the team. A few years ago I was so passionate a loss would make me furious now I'm like oh we got belted fiddle lee dee.

There will be lucky to be ten people at Canberra stadium next week and mental health authorities need to descend on the ground to lock them all up as they are so insane they could potentially be a risk in society.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Christ didn't we play canterbury only a few weeks ago? Ideally we'd be playing them after a string of humiliating losses, the inflated confidence from two wins could well work against us.

gypsy

Bench
Loving McFadden as coach.

It clearly has little to do with McFadden. You don't learn to play footy overnight.
Poor attitudes from all players, poor leadership from Mannering and senior players mean this sort of a performance is a surprise.

Iafeta

Referee
:lol::lol: Rubbish. What do you reckon would happen to St George if you changed from say Wayne Bennett to Steve Price as an example... wait, we already know.

Matt Elliott was a bloke who wanted to play cryptic speeches where blokes didn't know whether he was happy, or unhappy, or what in fact he actually wanted from his squad. The training sessions were lad-dee-da type events. There's talk that the players wanted him out. They deny it because of the negative connotations that they don't like him as a bloke. Couldn't be further from the truth. They all liked Matty. The problem was they knew he wasn't an effective coach (funnily enough it had just happened at Penrith too). Cappy gives them very clear and specific instructions, the intensity of training is significantly higher, and the players are being held to account by being sent to reserve grade if either their performance is off or their attitude is off.

If coaches meant nothing, why aren't you and I coaching NRL? I mean, seriously, thats geniusologic.

Iafeta

Referee
Say what you want, I have got no time for Papali'i. I can't believe anyone does

His form slump couldn't happen to a more deplorable waste of space than him. He's got the mental morals and intelligence of James Tah-Bro. Looking forward to both of them falling by the way side in the next year or two and then the "aww but bro I want a spech rule bro to change my alle...alle.... alle.... that big word that I can't say, but I am a proud Kiwi bro."

gypsy

Bench
Riiight. Because teams learn to play overnight.
As I said, poor leadership from Mannering and senior playing group.
They'll try now while it's in fashion, or until they have someone else to blame. :cool:

Iafeta

Referee
Don't worry champ, we'll worry about our coach, you worry about yours ;-) I'm quite happy with what we have.

Latest posts