What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 - Round 6 v Cowboys (Team Lists)

Juniors
I think Anasta will be missed more than we think.

He's done nothing flashy to date but we have scored more points than any other team so the system is working. Id hate for it to breakdown now.

Tiger05

First Grade
The positive of this decision re Rowe is - At least unlike Sheens, Potter is replacing like for like and not shuffling 6 or 7 positions for the sake of 1 injury. Simona is a gun in the centres and should stay there.

Remember the days of Farah to half, Fulton to hooker, Lawrence to 5/8 etc. I prefer this like for like method.

Exactly - a fullback for a fullback and a 6 for a 6.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Anasta will be missed more than we think.

He's done nothing flashy to date but we have scored more points than any other team so the system is working. Id hate for it to breakdown now.

Anasta has started to run the ball.

Not much, but a little bit more.

Its allowing him to create gaps. It was the one thing he did magnificently when he first hit the scene. Someone coached it out of him.

Thankfully those frustrating days of shuffling the deck chairs to cover 1 injury are over,a fullback to cover a fullback and a 5/8 to cover a 5/8 those selections were unheard of under Sheens reign.

Thankfully those frustrating days of shuffling the deck chairs to cover 1 injury are over,a fullback to cover a fullback and a 5/8 to cover a 5/8 those selections were unheard of under Sheens reign.

Under Sheens the team would have been

1. Richards
2. Simona
3. Lulia
4. Lawrence
5. Nofoaluma
6. Fulton
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Koroibete
12. Thompson
13. Blair

14. Austin
15. Paterson
16. Sue
17. Seumanufagai

Last edited:

Ron's_Mate

Bench
14. Koroibete
15. Gavet
16. Sue
17. Seumanufagai
Three forwards on the bench? No way!
Replace Gavet with Austin who will be lucky to get 5 minutes at the end.
I doubt Sheens would pick Taupau either - too much aggression and tries to break the line rather than submitting for a quick play the ball. He would probably also be disciplined for talking up the pack - can't have that, shows he's not ready for first grade, off to State Cup for the rest of the year.

Three forwards on the bench? No way!
Replace Gavet with Austin who will be lucky to get 5 minutes at the end.
I doubt Sheens would pick Taupau either - too much aggression and tries to break the line rather than submitting for a quick play the ball. He would probably also be disciplined for talking up the pack - can't have that, shows he's not ready for first grade, off to State Cup for the rest of the year.

you're probably right about Taupau

Koroibete -> back row
Blair -> lock
Austin -> bench (plays 5 mintues)
Paterson -> bench (comes on at prop for Galloway)
Taupau -> NSW Cup
Gavet -> NSW Cup

macnaz

Staff member
Lets hope the western sydney supporters show up in force tomorrow night .16500 at LO in the rain after a flogging the week before so you would hope for a similar crowd at Cambo especially after a great win.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Where did I suggest we were anything else ?? Fmd!! There are Weststigers supporters living in the inner west and Weststigers supporters living in the outer west , all f**king supporters but both living closer to a local ground ! Do you seriously think a big percentage of either areas are going to travel an hour or more to go to a game ? And ill also point to when we keep hearing about moving the full setup to the outer west than I just want to see them show they f**king want it . And before u think this is a Balmain v West thing you'd be wrong because its not.

innsaneink

Referee
Calm down

I agree with you - unfortuantely

We have a fickle fanbase...we have way too much, a ground here, a ground there...another one in the middle...we are spoilt for choice

And while the SW is the logical choice to base ourselves eventually, theres not much point if no one there gives a f**k

Lets see what tomorrow night brings...hopefully a win at least...

macnaz

Staff member
Fair enough.. but im happy u see my point , it seems thus far in the joint venture history that the traditional Magpie and Tiger supporters in the inner west area are contributing the major majority of support to this club and the whole western Sydney thing unfortunately is a f**king myth , im at a lost as to why it hasnt kicked on.
Not that it would ever likely happen but I bet my balls if we played a game at Blue tongue Gosford we would get a better crowd then Cambo !
Im not cambo bashing before ppl start but I just want to.know why that part of Sydney is failing as in Penrith .

Last edited:

DanOz

Juniors
Lets hope the western sydney supporters show up in force tomorrow night .16500 at LO in the rain after a flogging the week before so you would hope for a similar crowd at Cambo especially after a great win.

As I posted in another thread. Lets compare apples with apples. When you play an INTERSTATE team at NIGHT in the WET these factors will affect crowds. Sydney teams attract opposition supporters in far greater numbers.

Last years Leichhardt crowd against the Cowboys at night in the wet - 7125.
Last years Leichhardt crowd against the Storm at night in the wet - 5288.

Lets not compare apples with oranges

DanOz

Juniors
Fair enough.. but im happy u see my point , it seems thus far in the joint venture history that the traditional Magpie and Tiger supporters in the inner west area are contributing the major majority of support to this club and the whole western Sydney thing unfortunately is a f**king myth , im at a lost as to why it hasnt kicked on.
Not that it would ever likely happen but I bet my balls if we played a game at Blue tongue Gosford we would get a better crowd then Cambo !
Im not cambo bashing before ppl start but I just want to.know why that part of Sydney is failing as in Penrith .

I'm not Leichhardt bashing but the 2 best crowds last year when comparing Leichhardt to Cambo were at Campbelltown. So I am actually confused as to what you are going on about?

BrotherJim05

Bench
You can say whatever you want but Leichardt Oval is an awesome venue. It would be more practical having a middle ground so that we draw even bigger crowds but it would take away our history

DanOz

Juniors
You can say whatever you want but Leichardt Oval is an awesome venue. It would be more practical having a middle ground so that we draw even bigger crowds but it would take away our history

I made no comment whatsoever denigrating Leichhardt as a venue. I merely pointed out that certain conditions affect BOTH venues. There was an element intimating that Ctown crowds are poor compared to Leichhardt. The reality is the crowds are very similar and BOTH venues are affected by wet weather, night time footy and playing interstate teams.

Latest posts