What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // SF1 // Fri // Roosters 31-30 Cowboys // Allianz

Semi Final: Roosters v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chook Norris

First Grade
The better team & the National in NRL lost tonight. Sydney & CH 9 were the winners!

Yeah okay, mate.

• Luis' was a knock on any day of the week. You see so many knock ons during the regular season that actually go backwards and they're called a knock on. This one propels slightly forward and yet you have half the population claiming conspiracy just because they can
  • Anyone who wants to bring up the SBW penalty leading to the field goal can look straight to the cowboys first half forward pass that lead to a try. No try, Cowboys are down to single digits at half time = No come back

blacklock

Juniors
The stupidity of it all is....had thurston submitted to a tackle before the line....what would the refs have called, if the cowboys scored the next play. If he saw a knockpn then call it.

In any case neither of these sides will trouble the rabbitohs. The roosters defense is rubbish and the only reason they won was because they faced another team who dont play defense either,

user_nat

Coach
The stupidity of it all is....had thurston submitted to a tackle before the line....what would the refs have called, if the cowboys scored the next play. If he saw a knockpn then call it.

It was called a knock on before he scored. Had he taken the tackle it would have gone back.

kbw

Bench
The better team & the National in NRL lost tonight. Sydney & CH 9 were the winners!

take your rose coloured glasses off moron.
I actually would not mind if the Cowboys had won the grandfinal. But Lui knocked on and once again Ch9 were an absolute disgrace

Rabbits20

Immortal
Channel 9 were absolutely disgraceful. Sorry Roosters but the way Fittler carries on is shameful.

Roosters were very very lucky to win that. They got most of the 50/50 calls in last 25 mins.

As a Souths fan for the first 30mins I thought geez the Chooks look completely unbeatable. But then the cracks appeared and the poor attitude they were completely rattled and uncharacteristic like the Panthers game.

Minichiello was poor tonight!

Trent Robinson said he was happy with the way they kept on grinding to find a way. He said he wasn't too concerned when it was 30-30 compared to last weeks game. Some key players made the difference.

I would think Robinson should blast them not let them get off easy! Bad habits form otherwise which Im starting to see with the Roosters after last 2 weeks.

Guerra was good tonight without him you probably lose.

Canard

Immortal
Terrible start to the game cost the Cowboys. The Chooks looked like it would be 70+ at one stage.

Good Luck next week Roosters.

JT_

Juniors
That controversial SBW knock looked to be a good call, looking at it on the Fox Sports replay Linnett had a cheeky touch on the ball. His lack of reaction to the call also backs this up. There were some terrible calls overall though. SKD's run was a blatant shepherd.

Knightmare

Coach
Silver lining to having your team knocked out.. not having to put up with that shit.

This.

Look, I truly feel sorry for the Cowboys, after the recent unfortunate run in finals matches and such a spirited comeback. We went within a bee's dick of witnessing one of the greatest finals fairytales in Rugby League memory. They are a strong team again now with a good nucleus and they should be a title contender a few more years yet. They still have a legitimate Premiership window open.

However, the fact is that if you allow the opposition to score 30 points on you with no response in a finals match, you are lucky enough as is to even get back into that game with a chance of winning. For the complaints about bad calls (I will give that the SBW strip deserves more attention, as ultimately it lead to the match-winning field goal), the Cowboys shouldn't have allowed a lead like that to blow out against them if they had serious title aspirations in the first place.

My first thought when I saw the ball bounce off Lui's arm was knock-on. The ball did bounce noticeably forward between when it came off his arm and when JT scooped it up. Subsequent replays are 50/50 at best, and the correct call was made. The timing couldn't have been worse, because the commentary team is a load of sensationalised wank. Yes the refereeing standards have been notably inconsistent of late, but there is no conspiracy against the Cowboys for being a Qld team. Another Qld team gets the cruisiest run in the NRL and has more Premierships in the last two decades than anyone else. But of course drama is the commentary teams' crack and so they salivate over either a best/ worst case scenario with no in-between. Tonight they got the tragedy they've been waiting 12 months to advertise.

It was a knock-on, clearly, but the media want to blow this out of proportion for the purpose of continuing to sell a narrative to the audience...

dice

Juniors
Channel 9 were absolutely disgraceful. Sorry Roosters but the way Fittler carries on is shameful.

And the rest of the commentary team blowing up about a blatant knock-on, Gordy with conspiracy theories trying to egg JT into copping a fine, and Joey Johns chucking his mouthgard out one more time, they are all class right?

The honest one who doesn't pretend to be neutral is the disgrace?

Rabbits20

Immortal
And the rest of the commentary team blowing up about a blatant knock-on, Gordy with conspiracy theories trying to egg JT into copping a fine, and Joey Johns chucking his mouthgard out one more time, they are all class right?

The honest one who doesn't pretend to be neutral is the disgrace?

Fittler is consistently annoying and getting worse! A lot of people would think that too. He's so arrogant.

All of Ch 9 were bad tonight but not consistently stupid week after week.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Fittler goes on like a fool whenever the Roosters are on. There's no need to carry on the way he does.

I don't mind him carrying on a bit but he takes it out of hand too often.

skeepe

Immortal
You have to feel a little for Gavin Badger here. The media are stating as fact that he made a terrible decision that cost the Cowboys the game, when in reality all he did was correctly call a blatant knock-on.

The Cowboys lost that game in the opening 30 minutes.

MacDougall

First Grade
I was having a discussion with a kid on Facebook last night on a friend of mine's status about the refereeing and it turned out to be Gavin Badger's son. He has an 18 year old son.

James Tamou has become as plodworthy as Keith Galloway. Ashton Sims has become a tremendous player this year and he is leaving the game at the wrong time. He'd have taken James Tamou's rep jerseys.

Danish

Referee
Watched the game again the morning, and found a the worst ripoff of all that has so far gone unmentioned.

How in the serious f**k did thurston get MoM? He did scored a solo try, and laid on nothing else. Matt Scott got well and truly robbed of a cool $1000.

Makes me wonder, how many tens of thousands has Thurston taken out of Matt Scott's pocket through dodgy MoM awards both for te Cowboys and QLD?

Mig2006

Juniors
Watched the game again the morning, and found a the worst ripoff of all that has so far gone unmentioned.

How in the serious f**k did thurston get MoM? He did scored a solo try, and laid on nothing else. Matt Scott got well and truly robbed of a cool $1000.

Makes me wonder, how many tens of thousands has Thurston taken out of Matt Scott's pocket through dodgy MoM awards both for te Cowboys and QLD?

I'm certain neither Thurston or Scott could give a flying rat's arse about the MOTM this morning or ever for that matter...

Valheru

Coach

In any case neither of these sides will trouble the rabbitohs. The roosters defense is rubbish and the only reason they won was because they faced another team who dont play defense either,

The refs called knock on the field and only went to the video ref to cover their arses.

They didn't give Remi Casty that opportunity last week.

Frankus

Juniors
The refs called knock on the field and only went to the video ref to cover their arses.

They didn't give Remi Casty that opportunity last week.

The ball carrying arm brushed a blade of grass. You can read about it in last Sundays paper.

Danish

Referee
I'm certain neither Thurston or Scott could give a flying rat's arse about the MOTM this morning or ever for that matter...

Thurston probably gets $10k per year from MoM awards just by default. Can't even remember the last test match that Thurston didn't get the award for.

Pocket change for him I suppose but it all helps.

Thinking about it, seems stupid that the man of the match award hasn't been upped in value since the early 90s (or longer really, it's been $1k since I can remember)