What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // SF1 // Fri // Roosters 31-30 Cowboys // Allianz

Semi Final: Roosters v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2014teams-syd-main.png

1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Michael Jennings 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6. James Maloney 7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Sam Moa 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Sonny Bill Williams 13. Aidan Guerra

14. Mitchell Aubusson 15. Frank Paul Nuuausala 16. Isaac Liu 17. Remi Casty
18. Kane Evans

2014teams-nql-alt.png

1. Michael Morgan 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Tautau Moga 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Robert Lui 7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Matthew Scott 9. Rory Kostjasyn 10. Ashton Sims 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Glenn Hall 13. Jason Taumalolo

14. Ray Thompson 15. Scott Bolton 16. Ethan Lowe 17. James Tamou

2014ref-pink.jpg

Referees: Shayne Hayne, Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Jason Walsh, Grant Atkins
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Luke Patten

Holden Cup Under 20's Semi Final Curtain Raiser
FRI 5:15PM | Broncos v Tigers @ Allianz Stadium​

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
It's hard to really look past the Cowboys. The score last night wasn't a fair indication and their side is just generally well balanced. Their backline is in stunning form, halves going excellent, Cooper and Taumalolo in brilliant form. Roosters wasted so many opportunities against Penrith, their backs aren't as lethal as they were last season. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys dudded again.

Cowboys by 12.

Dufmack

Juniors
Robinson will tear them a new one this week and get them fired up, return of some key players should see chooks get up in a close one.

This one will be interesting. On one hand the NRL would be hoping for a Roosters win to set up a Souths/Easts preliminary final, but on the other hand the last thing they want is for the refs to f**k up the Cowboys chances three years in a row in the finals.

adamkungl

Immortal
Any discussion on the game or just conspiracy theories? Fmd...

If we turn up we should have them covered, certainly a tougher game than the Moylans though. 56% completions again and Thurston will tear us a new one.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Rob Lui has been the cowboys best player the last few weeks. The encouraging sign for the cows is that he and Morgan and taking a more dominant role, thurston doesn't have to do everything on his own.

Really tough to pick this one. Shame they have to meet this week, it's nearly worthy of a grand final.

I'll go roosters by 4

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Great game coming up.

I am an unabashed supporter of North Queensland but I can appreciate how great the Roosters are and how wonderful this contest could be.

Sydney scribes might deny it, but the Cowboys have buried a few demons in regards to playing in Sydney. The victories against Souths and Canterbury were proof positive of that. They have now led us to the point of taking on the reigning premiers on their home patch after they were humbled the week before. In many respects one could say that if NQ win this they would be rightful premiership favourites.

It can definitely said for both teams that if they play at their best they will win. I truly hope they do and we get an epic encounter, with a NQ win of course.

Big Sam

First Grade
Poor cows are going to have a hattrick of ref f**kups because the rorters have their own set of rules come finals time.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Hopefully the Cowboys spend the next week patching up that right side defense, because you can bet that's where the Roosters will be heading.

Cowboys by 12 and book my ticket for the Rabbits game

Wonder if the Cowboys will arrive in Sydney in the next day or so and setup camp for the majority of the week.

They used this tactic earlier this season when they played Penrith on the Monday night and remained in Sydney all week for the clash against Souths on the following Saturday.

It worked a treat on that occasion.

adamkungl

Immortal
Poor cows are going to have a hattrick of ref f**kups because the rorters have their own set of rules come finals time.

Yeah we sure got the rub of the green the other night :roll:

I wish this were true, since we get f**ked by the pink merkins for the other 24 games of the season.

dice

Juniors

They made special new rules for us last night with Maloney's "accidental elbow". I fully expect a Roosters headclash to be reclassified as an "accidental headbutt"penalty to the cowboys.

Allo

Juniors
Of course I would like a Cowboys win but to tell you the truth, win or lose, I just hope we get a fair go and the boys play with integrity and give it their all.
Getting knocked out by a refs wrong call three years in a row is a bit too much for me.
Once, Meh! Mistakes happen.
Twice. WTF! Come on. Get your act together NRL.
Three times. Too much for me! Super League franchise needed.

Tommy Smith

Referee
An opposition fan, about to face the Roosters, hoping for a "fair go" from the refs.

Wonders never cease!

We received 20 penalties LESS than anyone else this season... despite our forward dominance.

Don't worry, you'll get a fair go.

Allo

Juniors
I know that this week they face the Roosters, but I wasn't just talking about this game in particular.
I don't care who the Cowboys play!
I was talking about the Refs calls in general concerning the Cowboys at finals time. This week, next week, next year. What ever!

Last edited: