What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // SF1 // Fri // Roosters 31-30 Cowboys // Allianz

Semi Final: Roosters v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

some11

Referee
Anyone who thought that was a knock back needs to keep the following in mind:

A frustrating but correct call. That is a knock on every day.

Yeah, 2012 and 2013 bad calls had merit this one just happened to disallow the match winning try so it must be wrong..

Both teams had calls go their way and both conceded tries like it was going out of fasion, Rugby League was the winner.

GongPanther

Referee
Anyone who thought that was a knock back needs to keep the following in mind:

A frustrating but correct call. That is a knock on every day.

At first glance,after the deviation from Lui's arm,the ball went forward from whence it came in contact with.

To put it simply,it was and is,a knock-on...correct call.

Unfortunately,you will have those that will see that ruling with a bias point of view...and without taking the points of interest which happened in the rest of the contest,you'll never convince them otherwise.

They've been brought up with that us V them mentality,as stubborn as it is.

nomis88

Juniors
Can't stand fittler commentating rooters games. FFS get that sheit eating grin off your face.

Yes Fittler was absolutely pathetic tonight. He made Tallis look good and that's saying something. The average 13 year old would show more maturity and intelligence than Fittler ever does. Why doesn't he get drunk and lie outside Glebe Police Station again. That was his biggest ever achievement in his career.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The refs were shocking, both ways.

They got the Cowboys back into it with some mind boggling calls. The forward pass started it all. The mid air tackle was pathetic.

But then a few calls went our way for sure.

However, THAT was a blatant knock on. And I defy any hardcore league fan to say otherwise.

Crazy game. And I'm still shaking.

nomis88

Juniors
Yeah, 2012 and 2013 bad calls had merit this one just happened to disallow the match winning try so it must be wrong..

Both teams had calls go their way and both conceded tries like it was going out of fasion, Rugby League was the winner.

Yes rugby league is the winner because once again the Broncos are nowhere near a grand final.

GongPanther

Referee

They got the Cowboys back into it with some mind boggling calls. The forward pass started it all. The mid air tackle was pathetic.

However, THAT was a blatant knock on. And I defy any hardcore league fan to say otherwise.

You go to the game Tom?

TheFrog

Coach
Yes Fittler was absolutely pathetic tonight. He made Tallis look good and that's saying something. The average 13 year old would show more maturity and intelligence than Fittler ever does. Why doesn't he get drunk and lie outside Glebe Police Station again. That was his biggest ever achievement in his career.

Ivan Milat could not make Tallis look good. Fittler is an excrutiating excrescence of excreta when the Roosters play.

user_nat

Coach
Was going to GIF the knock on, but the NRL replay has used the crappiest angle ever. Not even worth it.

The Cowboys took the foot off the pedal once they equalized. Almost as if they didn't have the courage to take the lead. That last knock-on call was correct.

Dave_

Juniors
f**k me Dave one more for the dummies. the Cows scored off a similar penalty in the first half when they dropped it cold. And not to mention they scored a try off a forward pass, one after taking Mini in the air, one whenLui clearly knocked on over the line. Not to mention SBW's try which was ruled try on field only to be overturned when their is no clear reason to do so.

Oh and JT is whining again.

Mate, I can't have a serious constructive argument with you if you honestly believe that was a try to SBW. I'm a neutral fan and that ball was short of the line and in the air anyway. Your side shouldn't even have been down there as I said. Just be happy your team won and call it how it is.

TheFrog

Coach

Sorry Tommy. You are through, but you don't deserve it. I hope the Rabbitohs flog you next week, because you don't deserve to be on the same footy field as them.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Just shattered for nth qld fans...I have been gutted by losses in big games from saints/nsw but this is a disgrace. If the refs had stopped sucking SBW's dick for one second, this game at least goes to golden point. And JT would have iced it from there.

Carn the bunnies next week, win for the good of RL. f**k the rorters and their half a dozen fans.

Wow, once again the Roosters didn't concede a penalty in the second half.

That's twice now in their last 3 matches.

Not bad for a team that supposedly gets a raw deal from the referees when it comes to penalties.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I don't think there was a better team tonight. Just a fantastic game of rugby league. A bitter pill for Cowboys fans to swallow after the past couple of finals exits. Would have almost been better to go go on and lose 60-0 then come back but fall one point and one agonising call short.

Ianc

Juniors
The better team & the National in NRL lost tonight. Sydney & CH 9 were the winners!