What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | PF | Fri | BRI 31-12 SYD | Suncorp

Preliminary Final: Broncos v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saint.nick

Coach
Our attack on the oppositions try line has been average without Pearce. We have struggled to complete sets in attack during the finals.

So he'll make a huge difference in that department. Just the structure and organisation he provides.

Pearce is an important cog in your attacking machine. He knows your rhythm better than anyone.

Haffa

Our attack on the oppositions try line has been average without Pearce. We have struggled to complete sets in attack during the finals.

So he'll make a huge difference in that department. Just the structure and organisation he provides.

And Hastings off the bench will allow Friend to have a breather and provide something different from dummy half like he has all year.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
How We See It: This has all the makings of the match we will look back on in years to come as the defining moment of the 2015 Telstra Premiership. The two best teams for 26 rounds meet a week out from the decider with different elements of pressure to cope with. The Broncos have exceeded the expectations of many to get this far in Wayne Bennett's first year back at the helm while the Roosters are desperate to convert a third straight minor premiership into a second title. They have thrilled league fans in two previous meetings already this season and are poised to deliver a decider that will live long in the memory. A capacity home crowd to make the difference; Broncos by two points.

That's the NRL speaking.

Get hyped boys, no matter the result, this will be one for the ages.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Broncos by 10+. Home crowd, week off & a forward pack performing far better than expected. Broncos will want this more.

footy75

Bench
This is going to be epic...

Roosters are best team in the comp IMO and I expected them to be playing in a home prelim this week. But it is not to be. Playing a final to a full house at Suncorp is not going to be easy...

I'm not sure who wins. If Roosters win I believe they will win the comp.

big hit!

Bench
Expect a lot of Broncos traffic at Maloney all night long. This should be an epic game. Man of the match will come from Thaiday, Parker, or Hunt. Broncos by 6.

Remind me, he plays on the left?

That means he'll have Gillett and Hodges to contend with on the Broncos right. Thaiday, every NSWs left half nemesis, will be in the middle so he won't have to worry about him so much.

big hit!

Bench
People seem to be talking like Bronx defence like is light years ahead of ours. We're the best defensive side of the year, 79 points better than the Bronx over the season.

Shouldnt be anymore than a couple of points between the sides in this one. Be one helluva contest yet again.

They have been able to withstand a heap of opposition attacking pressure over the last month. Very much a counter attacking team with the amount of work they do in defence and striking the way they do once they get their opportunity with the ball.

It's going to be a cracker.

I worry about the effect 50k strong crowd might have on the refs. A week off for Broncs and a lob sided penalty count could really hurt. That's not meant to be a dig at the Broncos or the refs BTW.

some11

Referee
Well you don't have to be a genius to know that home teams win the penalty count more often than not.

Incorrect

Coach
As a neutral observer, and more particularly someone who usually cannot stand either team, I am pumped for this game. Can't remember looking forward to a prelim, or even a GF, in recent memory as much as this game (apart from '09, tragic Eels supporter that I am).

If form and their 2 games this year are any gauge, this should end up overshadowing whatever happens next week in the GF by some margin...

I'll go with the Boncos....just.... Boncos to lead by 1 going in to the last 10 minutes... Roosters throw everything at them but a late runaway converted try pushing the margin out to 7 after Roosters mistake or intercept pass on the Boncos line...