What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | R14 | Fri | WST 34-6 SOU | ANZ

Round 14: Tigers v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blacklock

Juniors
Seems the bunnies thought they could win by hit ups alone. The irony being the few times they offloaded and created second phase plays they had the tigers all over the place.

Predictability is death in the nrl . No use charging it up full force when you're expending your tackles and leaving it till the last to create a try.

Get that up ya Alien you f**king bandwagoner merkin!

To all the genuine Souths fans though, tough loss... Hopefully they won't put that effort in next week. I honestly thought the Rabbits would still get the chocolates but it's a tough ask missing some talent in Inglis, Luke and Stewart and Reynolds was clearly underdone.

The Rosco

Bench
Martin tapua playing the ball on his knees, two players picking the ball up at the same time yet bizarrely souths get a penalty, leads to a try. Tigers play advantage after a knock on, knock on themselves yet still get the feed, immediately score a try. Add in a few dodgy looking 'leg-up' penalties that everyone always accuse rabbitohs of receiving .
I still maintain rabbitohs beat warriors despite a few going our way last week, I'm a hundred percent sure tigers would always beat the rabbitohs the way both teams played tonight, just hope it disproves the whole 'rabbitohs get all the calls' that bone heads like mark gasnier always go on about.

Lol. Just 1 aspect . . . Bunnies players doing so many . . . . . SO MANY flops, I thought I was watching a dozen Cameron Smith's running around in green jumpers.

Ok. 1 more . . . at least 5 Souffs players could have hurt Marty's palm when their chests got in his way.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Get that up ya Alien you f**king bandwagoner merkin!

To all the genuine Souths fans though, tough loss... Hopefully they won't put that effort in next week. I honestly thought the Rabbits would still get the chocolates but it's a tough ask missing some talent in Inglis, Luke and Stewart and Reynolds was clearly underdone.

I think we'll be fine next week no matter how we play we'll win.

I thought a few calls went the Tigers way but we just expected to win. The Tigers are the kings of stirring up teams and were lead by Marty Taupau and it worked and good on em. If only they could find the consistency. Was a very frustrating game but the better team won and thats how it should always be. Congrats Tiges and heres to another entertaining/interesting game next time.

lockyno1

Post Whore
A side that has...

1. Ben Lowe as a starting 13.....average plonker who does nothing.
2. Goodwin anywhere
3. McQueen anywhere
4. Johnston as fullback

Will struggle!

Seriously bad selections by the coach.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
How grevsmuhl doesn't start over McQueen boggles the mind. Kid is twice the player and actually has a go.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Effort of the year from the tigers. Beat souths in the middle and then out wide. Yes souths were well and truly shit house but with the year we've had I'll take it.

It was nice to see the halves and tedesco allowed a bit of latitude and open the whole field up. The best we've looked in attack all year.

Obviously taupau was great but I thought Ava was close to the best player on the field. Galloway, Sue and Lovett were also great.

I'm not convinced on nofo at right center but he is probably our best option there for now. Next year once we piss Richards off he should be left winger and cause absolute havoc outside Simona. Watching Marion Seve in the 20s again tonight I can't see him not playing first grade next year.

I'd keep Cherrington off the bench for the rest of the year. Farah can have a 15 minute break then come on and play a bit as a lock. 25mins from Mania at hooker is only beneficial to the team IMO.

Fo souths, well they were obviously off. Mcinness isn't luke and Johnstone isn't inglis. I know Reynolds was scratchy but again he showed how limited he is. When he runs across field he poses NO threat to the defensive line as they know he won't run or throw a cut out pass. Still if they are as good as their fans tell us they are they should have accounted for the tigers tonight

Oh and lastly Eat a dick alien and R20 you pathetic merkins, you weren't some of those disgusting low lives in the burrow who got kicked out for fighting the security were you?

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
souths should still beat wests tigers who are without wobbie fawah and that plodder woods

AH, hello alien!

part of the game plan should be to get forwards like grevsmuhl, mcqueen and brown running at turnstiles like brooks and moses. even get the burgess twins out wide and run over the top of the weak merkins

and for reyno, hopefully the boys smash that grub taupau!

Tapau1-930x525.jpg

yeah we are truth tellers and they don't like to hear the truth

lockyno1

Post Whore
I'll just put it out there...that was 100 times the effort from the Tigers and for me it is not a surprise Farah wasn't there. The bloke is a hinderance to the Tigers.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'll just put it out there...that was 100 times the effort from the Tigers and for me it is not a surprise Farah wasn't there. The bloke is a hinderance to the Tigers.

It was noticeable wasn't it, interesting times ahead with cherrington so highly rated and looking at home in first grade. He is under contract next year but I can't see him hanging around past that if Farah is still at the club.

Plus our current under 20s hooker Jacob Liddle is the kangaroo schoolboys 9 and from what I've seen of him he sure as hell can play too.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
A side that has...

1. Ben Lowe as a starting 13.....average plonker who does nothing.
2. Goodwin anywhere
3. McQueen anywhere
4. Johnston as fullback

Will struggle!

Seriously bad selections by the coach.

There was no one else though who could come in besides Tim Grant who missed out.

Lowe had a solid game with 40 tackles 0 missed and 12 hit ups for 78m.

Goodwin made some errors but never gave up the effort was there and he did some reasonable things.

McQueen effort was crap.

Johnston effort at fullback was crap.

Clark and McInnes were crap too along with Tyrrell.

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
Dreadful performance, the Tigers found it all too easy.

Even before tonight, it was obvious that Alex Johnston's best position is currently out on the wing (as his tries to game ratio shows).

Greg Inglis and Issac Luke were huge misses, how many sides could expect a similar level of performance without two players of their standard?

There is no doubt that Adam Reynolds is one of the best halfbacks in the NRL but the previous three game unbeaten run saw John Sutton play alongside Luke Keary which was a partnership that had begun to click? Personally, I would have stuck with Sutton and Keary.

Card Shark

Immortal
It doesn't disprove anything. Refs are so predictable. After the amount of bad calls that went Souths way last week, they were always going to get a rough deal this week in an attempt to fool simpletons into thinking that it goes both ways.

You are right.

I was surprised Taupau wasn't on report for those palm offs.

I expect nothing less from the NRL these days.

I also can't believe, considering how the 2015 season is going, that Souths were just going to be walk up winners. Just beat Titans and Tigers just lost to Titans and...ah...who cares. Again, good Tigers win.

kbw

Bench
What is funny people bagging Johnston, especially in his defensive effort, yet Ingli$
is just as bad in defense but people think he is a great fullback

Latest posts