What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | R16 | Sat 7:30pm | PAR 16-12 SGI | Pirtek

Round 16: Eels v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rabbits20

Immortal
Lmao.

Dragons first try was clearly a knock on.

Aitkens try was a forward pass that was ruled a knock on to cover the ass of officials sending a forward pass up in the first place. If the video referee is to rule on the 'knock on' it's inconclusive anyway. Touchie called it and they still go upstairs which is stupid.

Widdop had momentum the entire way pver the sideline and it was 100% a dud call.

The entire game the Dragons were marched upfield with cheap penalties on their own line making it impossible for Eels to keep pressure on them.

Completely agree.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Its the old give heaps of penalties to the visiting team then over rule every fair try they score.
Lets face we had our chances but we played dumb arse footy.
Three legit trys were stolen from us...by the c***ting incompetant match officals.
Talk about home town refereeing !!!!

:lol:

No f**king idea.

18to87

First Grade
This. Dragons have only themselves to blame, penalty count was 10 - 4 their way as well lol.

The penalty count should have been closer to 20-5. It seemed to be strategic that Parra played the game offside and lay all over the play the ball. Credit to them though, it worked and then they stepped up when it mattered at the end and Saints weren't good enough.

natheel

Coach
Its the old give heaps of penalties to the visiting team then over rule every fair try they score.
Three legit trys were stolen from us...by the c***ting incompetant match officals.

lol please

Farrells hands were aiming forward...ball goes forward

Benji pass was forward every day of the week. He threw it before the line and Nabuli caught it after the line

Clear obstruction

and Dragons first try wasn't a try

T.S Quint

Coach
The penalty count should have been closer to 20-5. It seemed to be strategic that Parra played the game offside and lay all over the play the ball. Credit to them though, it worked and then they stepped up when it mattered at the end and Saints weren't good enough.

Please. If anything it would have been 20-20.
The Dragons were offside just as much as the Eels. We just weren't given the penalties for the same infringements that your blokes were getting.

thommo4pm

Coach
lol please

Benji pass was forward every day of the week. He threw it before the line and Nabuli caught it after the line

Clear obstruction

Oh dear....and people say we are one eyed and bias.

Referees did everything they could to get the Dragons over the line - the video ref played a role. But the Dragons were given as many chances to win it and could take it

Every 50-50 call went the Dragons way but they weren't good enough to take advantage

mxlegend99

Referee
How are they overruling fair tries when they award a blatant knock on as a try 2 minutes into the game. That was the only wrong decision as far as tries go.

thommo4pm

Coach
How are they overruling fair tries when they award a blatant knock on as a try 2 minutes into the game. That was the only wrong decision as far as tries go.

You can conclusively say he knocked it on can you?

You are convinced Sandow wasn't behind Takarangi when he caught the ball for their 2nd try?

Marshall threw the ball backwards to Nabuli, it may have floated forward with momentum but it left the hands backwards.

2010Dragons

Bench
lol please

Clear obstruction

I agree Dragons first try look like he dropped it.

I was at the game, in line with with Farrel when he tapped the ball back. Even a few parra mates sitting with us agreed that was a legit try.
If you didn't see midget sandow DIVE like he got shot by a sniper in the crowd, then you need to get your eyes checked.
Benji pass was flat but look like it went foward.
At the end of the game, parra wanted the win more than the saints.
We played dumb football..that was the main diffrences

Lemon Squash

First Grade
So much whinge after this game from both sides :roll:

I'm an eels fan

Watching the Dragons first try live it looked a try to me as it did the referee. On replay yes it looked a knock on but you couldn't conclusively say it was or wasn't. Fair cop.

The Marshall to Nabuli pass I thought it was flat AT BEST off the hands and it definately floated forward. Touchie was there in a good position and immediately called it forward, what's the problem?

The Farrell bat down to Aitken (not a pass) watching it live I thought it looked okay. Touchie though immediately called it forward from a good position, on replay it wasn't conclusive either way and definitely not enough evidence to overrule it. If it had of been called a try I would have said fair enough also, so once again whats the issue?

The Dragons won the tackle count easily and a lot were 'piggy back' pens which got them into good position down field HOWEVER they all looked pretty deserved, Parras discipline once again letting us down. Lazy offsides and just generally laying around in the ruck.

The Widdop over the sideline at the end of the game after Parra was already under the pump big time was a bad call, I think even most one-eyes Dragon supporters would admit that. Yet they weren't able to capitalise on it so it had no bearing on the game, get over it.

Most neutrals would say it was a tight yet entertaining game with a lot of 50-50 calls which went both ways. Would anyone say the Dragons clearly deserved to win? Doubtful. We're the Eels dominant? No, but would anyone say their grit and determination was undeserving of the 2 points? Doubtful.

How about we all just move the f*ck on

2010Dragons

Bench
So much whinge after this game from both sides :roll:

I'm an eels fan

Watching the Dragons first try live it looked a try to me as it did the referee. On replay yes it looked a knock on but you couldn't conclusively say it was or wasn't. Fair cop.

The Marshall to Nabuli pass I thought it was flat AT BEST off the hands and it definately floated forward. Touchie was there in a good position and immediately called it forward, what's the problem?

The Farrell bat down to Aitken (not a pass) watching it live I thought it looked okay. Touchie though immediately called it forward from a good position, on replay it wasn't conclusive either way and definitely not enough evidence to overrule it. If it had of been called a try I would have said fair enough also, so once again whats the issue?

The Dragons won the tackle count easily and a lot were 'piggy back' pens which got them into good position down field HOWEVER they all looked pretty deserved, Parras discipline once again letting us down. Lazy offsides and just generally laying around in the ruck.

The Widdop over the sideline at the end of the game after Parra was already under the pump big time was a bad call, I think even most one-eyes Dragon supporters would admit that. Yet they weren't able to capitalise on it so it had no bearing on the game, get over it.

Most neutrals would say it was a tight yet entertaining game with a lot of 50-50 calls which went both ways. Would anyone say the Dragons clearly deserved to win? Doubtful. We're the Eels dominant? No, but would anyone say their grit and determination was undeserving of the 2 points? Doubtful.

How about we all just move the f*ck on

Totally agree. Well written.:clap::clap::clap:

Jason Maher

Immortal
There were 5 decisions in that game that in other games would have gone the other way (Aitken knock-on, Sandow dive when he had zero chance of getting to either Marshall or Farrell, Sandow receiving the ball behind Takairangi, Benji pass to Nabuli, Farrell tap back to Aitken). Anyone who has watched rugby league for more than 5 minutes knows there never has been and never will be any consistency with these kind of decisions (both Friday night games had examples of balls going far more blatantly forward but tries being awarded anyway, for instance). And if they had gone the other way, Eels fans would have had no more cause to whinge than we do.

There are two reasons the Dragons lost last night that have nothing to do with refereeing decisions, which are actually in control of the players, and which the coaching staff can do something about: too much dropped ball; and lack of composure leading to panicked play. Coincidentally this was also the case against the Dogs and Roosters. If Mary can get it into the heads of our players, and especially our halves, that unless there is 30 seconds to go in the game and we're down by 2 or 4 points, there is no need to panic and push passes and stupid offloads and go for miracle plays, but there is time to be patient and build pressure, then we will start winning games like the last 3 weeks.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
When you lose to a team that has Cody Nelson and Luke Kelly in the spine then there are zero excuses

Agent Cody Banks > Benji Marshall

Latest posts