What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | R5 | Fri 4pm | CBY 17-18 SOU | ANZ

Round 5: Bulldogs v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like we're going to have to shut the NRL down.

Lil lacy Cammo has chucked his bottle out of the cot and is off to watch soccer.

alien

Referee
In Graham's case even if you believed the accidental contact should've been penalised there's no way he's going to get charged over it.

it should be penalised because of the damage that can be done to the defenseless kicker. that's why most players jump high in an attempt to block the kicker. he should be suspended for a long time. if someone does a high tackle and it is bad enough, they are suspended, even if it isn't deliberate.

Cammo

Bench
he got kicked in the face whilst putting the ball down. you are not allowed to strike at the ball with your boot when the ball is being put down. he should be suspended for that, and is lucky he wasn't sent off. i'm not sure what you are trying to say to him with the rest of your post. injuries happen, but if they are a result of foul play, then it should be penalised. you saying otherwise doesn't make you tough. tryharder.

The 8 point try was the correct call. Penalising for a charge down attempt I don't think should be, if it is the rule then that rule is a disgrace as there is no way Graham was doing anything other than going for the ball.

Card Shark

Immortal
he got kicked in the face whilst putting the ball down. you are not allowed to strike at the ball with your boot when the ball is being put down. he should be suspended for that, and is lucky he wasn't sent off.

1 week of Barba's suspension was for contact with the try scorer....contrary contact?

Similar "tackle", not as bad a result.

T.S Quint

Coach
The 8 point try was the correct call. Penalising for a charge down attempt I don't think should be, if it is the rule then that rule is a disgrace as there is no way Graham was doing anything other than going for the ball.

It's not about what Graham MEANT to do...it's about what he DID do, which was plow into the legs of a player attempting to kick the ball.
Which is not allowed for reasons shown today, ie. Reynolds looking at an extended period on the sideline.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
if plodkinson doesn't drop the ball COLD in the 72nd minute the dogs probably win
too much whinging from dogs fans but that's typical.
the penalty was the right call.
and the dogs have cemented their reputation as the filthiest club ever.

alien

Referee
The cardinal and myrtle are actually undetectable to the naked eye of these so called officialdom,have been for over 2 years now.
If the ref is gonna pull one rule out of his arse to get souths home,he can't then turn a blind eye to their foul play 20 seconds later,but he did,and it ain't the first time this has happened.

what a load of shit. bulldogs were lucky not to have one of their players sent off in the first half after taking out luke from the match with a kick to the head. if any team was favoured by the refs today, it was the dogs. first graham "accidently" injures players with his head, and now he has found a new way to "accidently" injure players, and then has a whinge like a dickhead about it when he gets penalised. just because something looks accidental, it doesn't mean it is

alien

Referee
People seem to be forgetting the extra 2 points minimum given to souffs from the 8 point try given he never got he ball down. 8 points if you consider Morris clearly didn't make contact with his foot, Luke being hurt by an accidental knee from Kasiano.

Whatever way you slice it, the dogs got shafted

he got the ball down (part of the ball touched the try line) and the boot connected to luke's head, and the dogs didn't get shafted, so you got 0/3. dogs lost because they are not good enough

alien

Referee
7. Keary, 6. Inglis, 1. Johnston will get us enough wins to make the finals. If he comes back with 2-3 weeks left to get the rust out it's all good.

yes i agree with inglis at 6. we have seen he can kick accurately and often play as a 6 when attacking the try line and throwing those cut out passes to his centres or wingers. he can run the ball strongly and is quick. keary will have more responsibilty on him though, so it's a good test for him. he will probably have to do more kicking than usual, but he is accurate. we will miss reynolds' bombs, but i remember inglis putting up some good massive bombs when playing for melbourne. hopefully reynolds is back a bit before the finals. we can still make top 4

alien

Referee

when you charge down you can't do it low at the leg like that. people have said "it didn't connect with the dive". well the hands collided with his leg before the hands touched the ground

Canard

Immortal
Nope, for the first time in years I didn't get membership and season tickets this year as I was disappointed in the way the game was going.

Tonight just reinforced my decision that the game has lost what made it great in the past. I don't like what it has become so I will leave it to those who do and move on to something else

Union troll

Card Shark

Immortal
It's not about what Graham MEANT to do...it's about what he DID do, which was plow into the legs of a player attempting to kick the ball.
Which is not allowed for reasons shown today, ie. Reynolds looking at an extended period on the sideline.

Good point & good post.

Dogs won this game last year by a point (1 of 3 in a row by that margin), they won last week by a point & no doubt the teams they beat thought they were dudded.

When the shoe is on the other foot, their players abuse refs & their supporters throw projectiles at them. Very poor behaviour & it's starts at the top.

As much as I like Des, he gives it to the refs every time they lose. He never says "we weren't good enough" or "we stuffed up". It's always "the refs stuffed up"....this year he has to mime those words as he can't directly speak about them.

This game needs referees, & I'm not just talking NRL, but who would be one? f**king disgraceful behaviour by those Dogs fans.....& dare I say it, Des for propagating it.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Was it embarrassing that the Channel 9 commentators didn't know the rule about where the penalty should be awarded after the missed field goal by Adam Reynolds ?

Bulldog Force

Referee
11134188_10206642757051407_817522355_n.jpg

Liddell

Juniors
Graham's arm is clearly in contact with Reynolds leg in that photo.

What part is so hard for these grubs to understand? Accidental or not you can't make contact with a kickers legs.