What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'16 | R12 | Mon | NEW 18-20 PAR | Hunter

Round 12: Knights v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chigurh

this is where the "TPAs are great!" mob fall over - the thing that decides how good a game is is not the "quality", but the parity.

There have been plenty of close games this year that have been truly awful.

I enjoyed tonight's game because both sides spread the ball.

TheFrog

Coach
There have been plenty of close games this year that have been truly awful.

I enjoyed tonight's game because both sides spread the ball.

There were 13 line breaks in this game. By comparison the Wollongong game had 5. But in my view the Wollongong game was the better game by quite some way. The second half was quite gripping. I thought it was the best of the four games this round but others might not agree.

We're all different, but I appreciate strong defence as much as good attack. Tonight's game was OK, but that's about all.

Apey

Staff member
Feel for the Knights with that no try call from the bunker. Given the on field try decision I didn't think there was conclusive evidence to warrant overturning it, as it certainly appeared to me as thou the ball could have made slight contact with the ground.

Err clear no try. Not sure about the restart though, thought it should have been a drop out. Looked like it was stripped rather than lost.

Closest we'll get to winning another game this year.

natheel

Coach
Err clear no try. Not sure about the restart though, thought it should have been a drop out. Looked like it was stripped rather than lost.

Closest we'll get to winning another game this year.

I think it was more Ross letting the ball go into Bevans arms to get up himself and 'sell' the try.

Snappy

Coach
was pretty entertaining. Mostly for the chance to see Cheatamatta have their season finished off by Newcastle

Last edited:

ed-grimley

Bench
Well, it's a win. Our defence was good second half, could have been better but we held on. Manu Ma'u and Kenny Edwards were great. French had a good debut.

Let's scrub everything else about that game from our memory
I guess winning by two beats losing by one any day of the week.