What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'16 | R9 | Thu | SOU 22-30 WST | ANZ

Round 9: Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
tumblr_inline_molfrhtzXn1qz4rgp.jpg
:lol:

adamkungl

Immortal
Not really no. Even Voss commented on it. Why is the attacker less important than the defender?

Think about it.

Attacking team puts a bomb up close to the try line.

The defending player is basically forced to jump for the ball, the attacking team has put him in that position. A mid-air tackle here is a cheap shot likely to result in a forced mistake.

The other way around - the attacking player jumps for the ball. The attacking team and player has chosen to put himself in that position, they're on the front foot. And if the defender can't make a tackle, he just falls over the line untouched.

If you weren't allowed to tackle attackers in mid-air it would break the game. Very very bad rule idea.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Think about it.

Attacking team puts a bomb up close to the try line.

The defending player is basically forced to jump for the ball, the attacking team has put him in that position. A mid-air tackle here is a cheap shot likely to result in a forced mistake.

The other way around - the attacking player jumps for the ball. The attacking team and player has chosen to put himself in that position, they're on the front foot. And if the defender can't make a tackle, he just falls over the line untouched.

If you weren't allowed to tackle attackers in mid-air it would break the game. Very very bad rule idea.

Fair enough.

The Rosco

Bench
Hammered in the penalties.
Missing our 2 starting props.
Our #6 withdraws pre-game ( undecided if I should call it a loss yet )
Teddy off at half time.
Refs allowing multiple Burgi to pass from the ground.( The splits were karma )
Goodwin . . Onya glory glory Goodwin drops the ball and is allowed to pick it up and start again.
And we still win.
LOL@SOUFFS. :lol:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Funny how some darlings of the NRL get hammered one week,have certain arsewipes in the media give that team more coverage than anyone else during the week.Then they recover from a 60 point drubbing in the next game.

U wot m8?

Tigers cop more bad press then just about anyone...

I don't exactly know what you're implying? Are you trying to say that positive media coverage (which I didn't see any) somehow got the Tigers a win tonight?

cain3y

Juniors
I thought something was up when the tigers where up 20 nil and were paying $9.50 for 13+ before kick off, but then i remembered they were playing the pride of the league soft sydney, glory glory to soft sydney, soft sydney marches on.

some11

Referee
When you've got guys standing around the play the ball and none of them looking like they want it you know you've got big problems.

Card Shark

Immortal
Consolation for Souths is that Knights, Roosters, Dragons, Sea Eagles, Warriors, and despite tonight, Tigers are all pretty bad so far. And Eels likely to lose points and maybe Foran for some time, Titans and Panthers struggling to win even though looking OK and Dogs and Raiders very inconsistent. So it's not so bad for Souths, 8th spot race is still well and truly on!

I said at the start of the year that there were a lot of high scoring yet lopsided games.

I think scores like last week's Tigers game will be even more prevalent as the season progresses.

Fair divide in top to bottom atm, bit of a worry for the game.

Spot On

Coach
Is the future Immortal still getting his gong??

Have the commentators put the boot in the million dollar star or are they treading gently with Greg?

Latest posts