What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Maximus

Coach
Sure

whilst you are digging find when I first told you a png team would be admitted and you were mocking me and saying it was no chance

At what point do we think that wb will realise that everyone can read the first few pages of this thread and see that he wasn't some messiah who made a claim that nobody else thought was possible?

the player pool would effectively multiply by a factor ten

He was posting the same dumb shit back then though.

MugaB

Coach
LMAO!

So why are you pushing for the North Sydney Bears to relocate to Perth you dumbarse?

Using your logic it's not expansion.
Bears currently aren't a 1st grade team, makes no difference if they set up shop elsewhere
I'm aware of the ARLC's refusal to rationalise Sydney. I was calling out your hypocrisy.
Why would they, making money with the clubs they have now, how's the souths -Logan magpies/Scorpions? oh that's right, they were just rationalised... not merged
I was calling out your hypocrisy. It's flown straight over your head. Just as I knew it would.
Yes hypocritical of you to want more qld content ahead of Perth, png, nz2 etc
It worked for two in AwFuL. South Melbourne and Fitzroy were the weakest clubs in the VFL.
Who cares about AFL, and what they did, nrl isn't the same
How do you expect the North Sydney Bears to work when they were punted for being weaker than the three weakest clubs that exist today?
BS criteria, basically your version of rationalisation happened, shant be ever happening again
You don't want Brisbane as the 20fh team. You want PNG, Melbourne and NZ.
Ok, sounds great

Wb1234

Referee
Bears currently aren't a 1st grade team, makes no difference if they set up shop elsewhere

Why would they, making money with the clubs they have now, how's the souths -Logan magpies/Scorpions? oh that's right, they were just rationalised... not merged

BS criteria, basically your version of rationalisation happened, shant be ever happening again

Ok, sounds great
Bs criteria ?

go Balmain !

Centy Coast

Juniors
45 million pa before corporates and gate takings are added

you watch their corporate revenue will be massive too
Do you think they will have gate takings in PNG ? (honest question, not taking the piss) really curious on what the ground entry cost will be.
Surely it will not be the same as at Australian grounds because if it was unfortunately the majority of PNG locals would not be able to afford to watch their local NRL side play.

Iamback

Coach
Do you think they will have gate takings in PNG ? (honest question, not taking the piss) really curious on what the ground entry cost will be.
Surely it will not be the same as at Australian grounds because if it was unfortunately the majority of PNG locals would not be able to afford to watch their local NRL side play.

I think GA will be almost given away.

Corporates will get stung though, I reckon they atleast will match GC, Newcastle and the other regional teams as far as incomes goes

Good enough for now but all of these expansion areas you are looking 15-20 years ahead

Wb1234

Referee
Yes I do

for example last years pacific cup in png had ticket prices comparable to an nrl game

ie up to 50 bucks Aussie

ground is poor though it has poor corporate facilities and needs a lot spent on it to get there

Hahaha... who cares what you think, super butthurt Loganboy crying over the BRL comp, and can't deal with the nswrl comp being the premier RL comp, massive wankfest your having over the idea of another qld team
It must piss you off that the Broncos and Dolphins are bigger and richer than the Sydney clubs?

Your low brow club is still behind the Cowboys despite making four GFs in a row. God help the Panthers when they go back to being an average club.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Yes I do

for example last years pacific cup in png had ticket prices comparable to an nrl game

ie up to 50 bucks Aussie

ground is poor though it has poor corporate facilities and needs a lot spent on it to get there
Yes but don’t forget two of those games the ground was virtually empty.
The only games that were full were both PNG v Fiji games.

Centy Coast

Juniors

20 bucks Aussie for grandstand seats
Have you seen the Hunters’ crowds though ?.
It would be pretty cruel for PNG to have a NRL team and the majority of their fans can’t afford to watch them play.

Centy Coast

Juniors
T
Empty lol

they held two games and the final

Two were just about sold out
They were, I watched all of the games, look back earlier on this thread, I even commented on here at the time, the two games were Fiji v Cook Islands and PNG v Cook Islands.
Certainly not sold out, no where near it, the Final had a decent crowd though.

Wb1234

Referee
T

They were, I watched all of the games, look back earlier on this thread, I even commented on it at the time, the two games were Fiji v Cook Islands and PNG v Cook Islands.
PNG game was said to be sold out

a png fan claimed scalpers bought a lot of the tickets and asked too much
T

They were, I watched all of the games, look back earlier on this thread, I even commented on here at the time, the two games were Fiji v Cook Islands and PNG v Cook Islands.
Have you seen the Hunters’ crowds though ?.
It would be pretty cruel for PNG to have a NRL team and the majority of their fans can’t afford to watch them play.
The link also shows 80 buck tickets for corporate

20 bucks Aussie is pretty good for qld cup ?

Their tickets range from 6 to 80 bucks

remember ground capacity currently is only 15k

this will be too small for nrl games

Doesn't matter whether they're currently an NRL club or a former club. For the proposal to work they will need to relocate to Perth. You're clutching at straws because you're too arrogant to admit to being wrong when you've snookered yourself.

Let's be honest. The only reason you want this team is because you're a narrow-minded hypocrite with an entitlement complex.

Why would they, making money with the clubs they have now

Without the annual grant they're unviable.

What makes you think the annual grant will always be so high?

Foxtel and commercial TV are dying. Seventy percent of the games income is provided by the broadcasters. Sooner or later the gravy train is going to come to a halt.

how's the souths -Logan magpies/Scorpions? oh that's right, they were just rationalised... not merged

You were dumb enough to think they merged until I set you straight.

Queensland content pays the bills. Perth and PNG doesn't. We don't know how much NZ2 will provide.

Ch9nare on record saying they want another team in Brisbane. They never said anything about wanting content for Perth, PNG and NZ.

For years we've had nutjobs like you arguing that Bears can work in another market because Swans and Lions were able to carve out a niche in Sydney and Brisbane. The bit you conveniently leave out is they abandoned their original market and went all in on their new location.

Never say never. If the game's finances go down the shitter then the weakest clubs will be on their own.

MugaB

Coach
It must piss you off that the Broncos and Dolphins are bigger and richer than the Sydney clubs?

Your low brow club is still behind the Cowboys despite making four GFs in a row. God help the Panthers when they go back to being an average club.
I don't give a fucƙ about all that, im happy for any of our wonderful nrl clubs to be making money, seems like money runs your life... Cowboys being the only 1st grade team in Northern qld would obviously do that, maybe in an alternate universe, you can boast about them doing really well when they share the same revenue with another 9 teams in the state..
atg-studiocapa.gif
Hahahaha enjoy mediocrity

MugaB

Coach
Doesn't matter whether they're currently an NRL club or a former club. For the proposal to work they will need to relocate to Perth. You're clutching at straws because you're too arrogant to admit to being wrong when you've snookered yourself.
Hahahaha snookered, like this is some real debate, you're dribbling potato nonsense again
videotogif_2022.08.17_11.27.58.gif
Let's be honest. The only reason you want this team is because you're a narrow-minded hypocrite with an entitlement complex.

Without the annual grant they're unviable.

What makes you think the annual grant will always be so high?

Foxtel and commercial TV are dying. Seventy percent of the games income is provided by the broadcasters. Sooner or later the gravy train is going to come to a halt.
Potato
You were dumb enough to think they merged until I set you straight.
I knew, it's why I baited you into talking about your deadshit Scorpions, from bumf**k logan. I remember having plenty of BRL discussions in the past with you, only to see anything said positively, thrown back in all our faces negative these days, when you get shown up as a hypocritical fraud
Queensland content pays the bills. Perth and PNG doesn't. We don't know how much NZ2 will provide.

Ch9nare on record saying they want another team in Brisbane. They never said anything about wanting content for Perth, PNG and NZ.
More logan potato
For years we've had nutjobs like you arguing that Bears can work in another market because Swans and Lions were able to carve out a niche in Sydney and Brisbane. The bit you conveniently leave out is they abandoned their original market and went all in on their new location.
Comparing to AFL again
Never say never. If the game's finances go down the shitter then the weakest clubs will be on their own.
Hahahaha, your wish for a return of the superleague, adding teams in Singapore and China... you're a stooge.. class clown... potato counting spud, a total fascist and racist, I reckon your a mirror image of Pauline Hanson, or at least have a poster on the wall of her that you must cream over

Latest posts