What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

MugaB

Coach
Go the Pacifika Bears
They are done... they be best to look at Melbourne or New Zealand as a 2nd team, which would blow away any other current bid... purely coz its 2 areas they want to gain more traction in, that and perth should round out 20 teams

.....Politis knows hahaha, more like mugab knows

Perth Red

Post Whore
They are done... they be best to look at Melbourne or New Zealand as a 2nd team, which would blow away any other current bid... purely coz its 2 areas they want to gain more traction in, that and perth should round out 20 teams

.....Politis knows hahaha, more like mugab knows
Problem is no bid wants them, so their only hope is creating a bid of their own. They've stupidly gone for pacifika despite it being clear if any pacifika side comes in it will be PNG bid.
I cant see Christchurch being keen either unless they cant find any backers. Adelaide Bears eventually is probably their only hope, and given NRL's lack of desire to grow into new markets even that is a very distant hope.

MugaB

Coach
Problem is no bid wants them, so their only hope is creating a bid of their own. They've stupidly gone for pacifika despite it being clear if any pacifika side comes in it will be PNG bid.
I cant see Christchurch being keen either unless they cant find any backers. Adelaide Bears eventually is probably their only hope, and given NRL's lack of desire to grow into new markets even that is a very distant hope.
To me Perth seems to be the know brainer... basically the same colors and a heritage brand..
But a part of me wants the reds to be revived, and the bears to own their bid out right, like in Hamilton,NZ or Melbourne 2

mongoose

Coach
"Perth folks who like NRL should move to the east coast and stop complaining"

just give up your job, friends and life you made just so you can follow a sport more closely.... sounds reasonable

Wb1234

Immortal
"Perth folks who like NRL should move to the east coast and stop complaining"

just give up your job, friends and life you made just so you can follow a sport more closely.... sounds reasonable
You know that choice was available to him before he chose Perth

the nrl shouldn’t base it’s expansion plans on someone’s poor life choices

Perth Red

Post Whore
I read a post today which would interest you on twitter

apparently 23 percent of all players for nsw and qld fumble clubs come from juniors produced in those states vs 65 percent for Melbourne teams

23 percent is a pretty decent number
I think peoples views of new market player production has been very tainted by the Storm experience. Back in the 90's expansion local player development was a really key part of the new clubs set ups. Hopefully it is again.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You know that choice was available to him before he chose Perth

the nrl shouldn’t base it’s expansion plans on someone’s poor life choices
it may come as a surprise to some but access to a sports club is pretty low on most peoples life choices list lol

only the usual circle jerkers on here have suggested thats the only reason Im advocating for perth lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
Could’ve advocated for brissie png central coast or nz2
how many times? Brisbane2 was the ultimate no brainer and 25 years late. Shame we got the wrong club model.

I want to see Perth, NZ2, and if a sustainable model for PNG can be found PNG. Otherwise Adelaide. Cant get more expansionist than that! What Im not advocating for is brisbane3 and central coast or NS bears lol

Wb1234

Immortal
how many times? Brisbane2 was the ultimate no brainer and 25 years late. Shame we got the wrong club model.

I want to see Perth, NZ2, and if a sustainable model for PNG can be found PNG. Otherwise Adelaide. Cant get more expansionist than that! What Im not advocating for is brisbane3 and central coast or NS bears lol
So you admit brisbane 2 should’ve come in before Perth ?

that’s not what you were saying before lmao

maybe the same is true for Brisbane 3 and nz 2 now we are being honest

Perth Red

Post Whore
So you admit brisbane 2 should’ve come in before Perth ?

that’s not what you were saying before lmao

maybe the same is true for Brisbane 3 and nz 2 now we are being honest
Personally id rather than NRL was expanding than consolidating. But Brisbane2 was a no brainer for a conservative NRL.