What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
If they are still conservative then Brisbane 3 is a no brainer too
true, and it wouldnt surprise me at all, I've been following RL long enough to not be surprised by short sighted decisions. Doesnt mean its the best choice, just the safest, and we know RL has loved safety first, its why we are still a game limited to a few tiny regions of the world.

Wb1234

Immortal
true, and it wouldnt surprise me at all, I've been following RL long enough to not be surprised by short sighted decisions. Doesnt mean its the best choice, just the safest, and we know RL has loved safety first, its why we are still a game limited to a few tiny regions of the world.
Good to see some reality in your posts now

The Great Dane

First Grade
It doesn't necessarily mean that it's the safest either.

There's a time and a place for conservative attitudes, but being overly risk adverse and opposed to innovation can do just damage to an organisation, group, society, etc, as taking big risks and accepting novelty for novelty's sake.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Good to see some reality in your posts now
Always has been, I try to stay optimistic when it comes to expansion but its not easy lol
It's not realism; it's demoralisation with a dose of disillusionment.

It's the same shit as always with this sport. You may as well be invisible unless you're part of the old boys network and live in the right part of the country. RL has regressed badly in this regard in recent years as well, basically since PVL took over. Wouldn't surprise me if it ends in similar fashion either.

Wb1234

Immortal

It's the same shit as always with this sport. You may as well be invisible unless you're part of the old boys network and live in the right part of the country. RL has regressed badly in this regard in recent years as well, basically since PVL took over. Wouldn't surprise me if it ends in similar fashion either.
Yeh that’s why afl is copying us because we have regressed

record crowds and tv ratings isn’t regression

mongoose

Coach

It's frustrating. I feel like the window is both wide open for NZ 2 and Perth but nah... lets go for the short term cash on offer in PNG or another f**king suburban Brisbane club.

MugaB

Coach
It's frustrating. I feel like the window is both wide open for NZ 2 and Perth but nah... lets go for the short term cash on offer in PNG or another f**king suburban Brisbane club.
Same ol whinging crowd, spewing the same ol shit, for those who cant put aside PVL ego, from the great decisions he has made or let happen, for the good of the game, i reckon its never been this good, from the salary cap increases, to the speed of the contest, the new rules, the fact that every club is now become viable under the cost effective structure, one ref, less complex, covid basically kicked the game up the arse, and now it more streamlined than ever before, had todd grenturd still been in charge, there wouldn't be any expansion, nor would the clubs be in a better position financially... for all the misssteps PVL brings there's a whole heap of good aside of that

mongoose

Coach
Same ol whinging crowd, spewing the same ol shit, for those who cant put aside PVL ego, from the great decisions he has made or let happen, for the good of the game, i reckon its never been this good, from the salary cap increases, to the speed of the contest, the new rules, the fact that every club is now become viable under the cost effective structure, one ref, less complex, covid basically kicked the game up the arse, and now it more streamlined than ever before, had todd grenturd still been in charge, there wouldn't be any expansion, nor would the clubs be in a better position financially... for all the misssteps PVL brings there's a whole heap of good aside of that
well you are a Panthers fan, of course you are going to think the game is going better than ever.

I'm not fan of the 6 again rule, never was. I also think the quality of refereeing is as bad as its ever been. Salary Cap increases aren't a good thing if its coming at the expense of funding other needed areas of the game.

I think PVL deserves some credit for just bringing a lot of positive sentiment to the game, he has done well in that regard. He seems to be working hard to get more money into the game which is great also. The Dolphins have been a success so far I like that they are developing a truly spiteful rivalry with the Broncos so I don't think he is all bad...

MugaB

Coach
well you are a Panthers fan, of course you are going to think the game is going better than ever.

I'm not fan of the 6 again rule, never was. I also think the quality of refereeing is as bad as its ever been. Salary Cap increases aren't a good thing if its coming at the expense of funding other needed areas of the game.

I think PVL deserves some credit for just bringing a lot of positive sentiment to the game, he has done well in that regard. He seems to be working hard to get more money into the game which is great also. The Dolphins have been a success so far I like that they are developing a truly spiteful rivalry with the Broncos so I don't think he is all bad...
Being a panthers fan is irrelevant, im watching nearly every game now, cronulla, warriors, dolphins, knights, raiders i watch heaps of teams, heaps of games, all coz its a better product, yes the officiating could get better, but human error has always been there even with 2 refs, and confusion to go along with it, six again is great coz there isnt the slow down of the ruck as much as it was before (thanx storm)

Pippen94

First Grade

Talking down game is not best approach to get expansion u want..

Pippen94

First Grade
Being a panthers fan is irrelevant, im watching nearly every game now, cronulla, warriors, dolphins, knights, raiders i watch heaps of teams, heaps of games, all coz its a better product, yes the officiating could get better, but human error has always been there even with 2 refs, and confusion to go along with it, six again is great coz there isnt the slow down of the ruck as much as it was before (thanx storm)

..don't u know game is as bad as it's ever been Dolphins have been a disaster. Need Perth to improve NRL..