What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Maximus

Coach
Being a panthers fan is irrelevant, im watching nearly every game now, cronulla, warriors, dolphins, knights, raiders i watch heaps of teams, heaps of games, all coz its a better product, yes the officiating could get better, but human error has always been there even with 2 refs, and confusion to go along with it, six again is great coz there isnt the slow down of the ruck as much as it was before (thanx storm)

Being a Panthers fan is very relevant when you think the refereeing is just human error. It suggests you are just blind to how bad it actually is because your team is benefitting from it.

Centy Coast

Juniors
So the warriors making the finals is a reflection of the bad referees... get fkd... you are a massive windbag... go argue with a barrister
It actually could be a reflection of how uneven the NRL draw is, when next years draw was released I heard people saying that the Sharks had the easiest draw again, the Knights had a easy draw, South Sydney had a horror draw, people thought the Broncos had a lot of home games but they did play most of the fun sides twice.
I honestly don’t understand how in 2023 the NRL still can’t organise a fair and contested draw, how can some teams play a team twice before they have even played another team yet that season ?.
How much do these guys earn ?.

mongoose

Coach
It actually could be a reflection of how uneven the NRL draw is, when next years draw was released I heard people saying that the Sharks had the easiest draw again, the Knights had a easy draw, South Sydney had a horror draw, people thought the Broncos had a lot of home games but they did play most of the fun sides twice.
I honestly don’t understand how in 2023 the NRL still can’t organise a fair and contested draw, how can some teams play a team twice before they have even played another team yet that season ?.
yeah the draw is rubbish.. I understand there is a lot of competing demands but shouldn't be seeing so many teams play each other twice within 4 or 5 weeks.

Maximus

Coach
So the warriors making the finals is a reflection of the bad referees... get fkd... you are a massive windbag... go argue with a barrister

Lol have a cry. It's no surprise to see all of the Panthers lick his boots whereas all other fanbases are mixed. You guys have been the biggest beneficiaries of the rule changes and refereeing during his time in charge.

Same ol whinging crowd, spewing the same ol shit, for those who cant put aside PVL ego, from the great decisions he has made or let happen, for the good of the game, i reckon its never been this good, from the salary cap increases, to the speed of the contest, the new rules, the fact that every club is now become viable under the cost effective structure, one ref, less complex, covid basically kicked the game up the arse, and now it more streamlined than ever before, had todd grenturd still been in charge, there wouldn't be any expansion, nor would the clubs be in a better position financially... for all the misssteps PVL brings there's a whole heap of good aside of that

Notice how many of the whingers are from Canberra?

I used to buy in to their arguments wdnbecame a bore just like them. I now see their whinging for what it is: insecurity and entilement.

They've got the shits because Canberra is not the "capital" of the RL landscape.

The ungrateful bastards should be happy they've had a team for 41 years. Instead, they're too busy worshipping AwFuL, despite the fact it hasn't given them a team.

Being a panthers fan is irrelevant, im watching nearly every game now, cronulla, warriors, dolphins, knights, raiders i watch heaps of teams, heaps of games, all coz its a better product, yes the officiating could get better, but human error has always been there even with 2 refs, and confusion to go along with it, six again is great coz there isnt the slow down of the ruck as much as it was before (thanx storm)
The game is more exciting now. It was stałe under Greenberg penalty crackdown. He was turning the game into rugby union.

Canard

Immortal

I used to buy in to their arguments wdnbecame a bore just like them. I now see their whinging for what it is: insecurity and entilement.

They've got the shits because Canberra is not the "capital" of the RL landscape.

The ungrateful bastards should be happy they've had a team for 41 years. Instead, they're too busy worshipping AwFuL, despite the fact it hasn't given them a team.
The above is in the Oxford Dictionary under the definition of Ad Hominem

Wb1234

Immortal

Jaded super league fans

with panthers they forgot about super league cause the nrl has been good to them

MugaB

Coach
What does the draw matter, just got to win whos in front of you, the ladder sorts out the order, but it doesn't affect the fact you need a good roster and got to beat each the team in front of you

MugaB

Coach
Lol have a cry. It's no surprise to see all of the Panthers lick his boots whereas all other fanbases are mixed. You guys have been the biggest beneficiaries of the rule changes and refereeing during his time in charge.
Mate seems like your the one having the sook merkin, you're blind to the fact that panthers are beating everyone on skill and effort, not some one off ref blunders, its refreshing to see the teams at the top now are the ones that aren't relying on the wrestle and slowing the ruck, its a momentum game now, and if you haven't figured that out yet you need to follow another club who has figured it out or pick up another sport to follow, coz its not going back...

Last edited:

Centy Coast

Juniors
What does the draw matter, just got to win whos in front of you, the ladder sorts out the order, but it doesn't affect the fact you need a good roster and got to beat each the team in front of you
For starters every team should play each other once before somebody plays another team a 2nd time, teams that clash during the Origin period should play each other twice so there is no unfair advantage.
Surely in 2023 the above shouldn’t be that hard to achieve.
While I believe the competition should be suspended during the Origin period, the NRL will never do this because of the $$$ that would be lost.
So you don’t think it’s unfair that a team may play the Panthers, Broncos, Rabbitohs, Roosters, Storm twice, and Tigers, Dragons, Titans, Bulldogs once while another team may have it the other way around ?, yeah okay lol.