What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Record on repeat again.
Blah blah storm were helped by News blah blah Perth won't have the luxury therefore will be a failure... excellent well reasoned analysis as usual
I was enjoying it, first time I've heard him go off on the Storm and how Perth wont be the same lol

I was enjoying it, first time I've heard him go off on the Storm and how Perth wont be the same lol
When you, Maxipad and mongoose stop living in a fantasy world with regards to Melbourne and Perth I'll stop throwing inconvenient facts at you. What it comes down to is the three of you sooks cannot handle the truth and get all catty when your dumb delusions are shattered.

Perth Red

Post Whore
When you, Maxipad and mongoose stop living in a fantasy world with regards to Melbourne and Perth I'll stop throwing inconvenient facts at you. What it comes down to is the three of you sooks cannot handle the truth and get all catty when your dumb delusions are shattered.
I've never claimed Perth will be like Melbourne Storm. I'm also not stupid enough to think:

1. Perth in 2027 and Melbourne in 1999 are the same RL landscapes
2. Clubs financial situations will be the same in 2027 as they were in 1999
3. The NRL landscape will be the same in 2027 as it was in 1999

Reality is RL has always been more popular in Perth than in Melbourne. they are much more on par now after all the years of a highly successful NRL club there but I have little doubt with an NRL club here we will see Perth surge ahead again of Melbourne.

But you know all that as you bring it up with monotonous regularity.

I've never claimed Perth will be like Melbourne Storm. I'm also not stupid enough to think:

Reality is RL has always been more popular in Perth than in Melbourne. they are much more on par now after all the years of a highly successful NRL club there but I have little doubt with an NRL club here we will see Perth surge ahead again of Melbourne.

This is just your bullshit biased opinion.

The fact all clubs receive a $13 to 15 million grant works against Perth from being anything like the Storm. You're too stupid to understand why.

Rugby league is a minority sport in Perth, yet you're delusional enough to talk it up as if it's as big over there as it is in Brisbane and Sydney.

On the one hand you rant about how the Eagles and Dockers are the biggest sports clubs in the country. On the other hand you claim Perth isn't as fumbleball-centric as Melbourne. The fact the Eagles and Dockers are supported in huge numbers across Perth would suggest the city is just as parochial about fumbleball as Melbourne.

Accept it buddy, Perth ain't Brisbane and Sydney. It's not Melbourne, either. It's a smaller version of Melbourne with less to offer.

mongoose

Coach
the facts are that the Storm are one of the biggest clubs in the NRL, doesn't matter how they achieved it. They were given some help by the NRL (news) but they also played out of a complete shithole stadium for the first 15 years. The Victorian media + channel 9 did no favours for them either except for a a little bit of promotion by Molly meldrum when they entered.

Perth Red

Post Whore
This is just your bullshit biased opinion.

The fact all clubs receive a $13 to 15 million grant works against Perth from being anything like the Storm. You're too stupid to understand why.

Rugby league is a minority sport in Perth, yet you're delusional enough to talk it up as if it's as big over there as it is in Brisbane and Sydney.

On the one hand you rant about how the Eagles and Dockers are the biggest sports clubs in the country. On the other hand you claim Perth isn't as fumbleball-centric as Melbourne. The fact the Eagles and Dockers are supported in huge numbers across Perth would suggest the city is just as parochial about fumbleball as Melbourne.

Accept it buddy, Perth ain't Brisbane and Sydney. It's not Melbourne, either. It's a smaller version of Melbourne with less to offer.
you dont even know what the NRL grant is lol. Credibility in this discussion = zero.

the facts are that the Storm are one of the biggest clubs in the NRL, doesn't matter how they achieved it. They were given some help by the NRL (news) but they also played out of a complete shithole stadium for the first 15 years. The Victorian media + channel 9 did no favours for them either except for a a little bit of promotion by Molly meldrum when they entered.

You said the Storm are worth a lot to broadcasters. Now you're saying the broadcasters don't care for them.

What is it?

Whenever I've asked you to validate your bullshit claim that the Storm provide extra value to the broadcast rights you f**k off and say nothing.

If you're going to arrogantly claim that the Storm are so valuable then back it up.

How much money do the Storm provide to the broadcast rights?

Put a monetary value on it. You did make the claim years ago that without the Storm the broadcast rights would be worth less.

Extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence that you've failed to provide, yet you insult anyone who doesn't buy into your bullshit claim

Can you answer this question like an adult that isn't on drugs?

If not then f**k off and stop arguing about things you know nothing about.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You said the Storm are worth a lot to broadcasters. Now you're saying the broadcasters don't care for them.

What is it?

Whenever I've asked you to validate your bullshit claim that the Storm provide extra value to the broadcast rights you f**k off and say nothing.

If you're going to arrogantly claim that the Storm are so valuable then back it up.

Put a monetary value on it. You did make the claim years ago that without the Storm the broadcast rights would be worth less.

Extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence that you've failed to provide, yet you insult anyone who doesn't buy into your bullshit claim

Storm are consistently in the top 3 clubs watched on tv. Its a minor miracle really considering the way Ch9 has treat the game in Vic. Its not that long ago it was on delay at midnight, if at all.

If you dont think a club that is one of the highest watched clubs across both fta and ptv isnt worth much to broadcasters I really cant help you. I mean its pretty logical to assume that clubs that draw the biggest audiences are worth the most to tv isnt it?

you dont even know what the NRL grant is lol. Credibility in this discussion = zero.
The grant has been increasing each year. At one stage it was $13m. It might be up around $16-17m. I cannot remember the exact figure. The important thing is it's a few million more than the salary cap and most clubs have state of the art training facilities that didn't exist 12 to 25 years ago. Melbourne were lavished with money when the grant barely covered the cap and most clubs trained out of poor facilities. It allowed the Storm to develop a competitive edge over their opponents in recruitment and training. It'll be hard for Perth to develop a competitive advantage over their opponents when every other club will have better facilities than them and money is no longer holding everyone else back.

Storm are consistently in the top 3 clubs watched on tv. Its a minor miracle really considering the way Ch9 has treat the game in Vic. Its not that long ago it was on delay at midnight, if at all.

If you dont think a club that is one of the highest watched clubs across both fta and ptv isnt worth much to broadcasters I really cant help you. I mean its pretty logical to assume that clubs that draw the biggest audiences are worth the most to tv isnt it?
So much wrong with your post.

1. Melbourne are one of the most watched clubs in Brisbane and Sydney because they've been camped inside the top four since 1998. People like to watch high quality games that involve strong teams.

If Storm were to fall down the ladder then interest in their games would drop significantly in Brisbane and Sydney.

2. Ratings for Storm in Melbourne are shithouse. Just 30k on 9Gem. This is the only metric that matters. Ch9 aren't forking out much money for a team that draws just 30k in its home market on a secondary channel. They could air a movie on 9Gem in this timeslot and draw higher ratings for significantly less money, with the ability to recoup some of it back via dozens of advertisements.

Perth Red

Post Whore

1. Melbourne are one of the most watched clubs in Brisbane and Sydney because they've been camped inside the top four since 1998. People like to watch high quality games that involve strong teams.

If Storm were to fall down the ladder then interest in their games would drop significantly in Brisbane and Sydney.

2. Ratings for Storm in Melbourne are shithouse. Just 30k on 9Gem. This is the only metric that matters. Ch9 aren't forking out much money for a team that draws just 30k in its home market on a secondary channel. They could air a movie on 9Gem in this timeslot and draw higher ratings for significantly less money, with the ability to recoup some of it back via dozens of advertisements.
so
1. you agree Storm are one of the most watched teams in the NRL = value to tv

2. Its irrelevant what they draw in Melbourne, tv dont sign contracts on a city by city basis. The fact is they are top 3 most watched teams in Australia = enormous value to Australian tv

Its bizarre a RL fan would have such a negative view on the positive outcomes of expansion into AFL territory. But we know why lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
The grant has been increasing each year. At one stage it was $13m. It might be up around $16-17m. I cannot remember the exact figure. The important thing is it's a few million more than the salary cap and most clubs have state of the art training facilities that didn't exist 12 to 25 years ago. Melbourne were lavished with money when the grant barely covered the cap and most clubs trained out of poor facilities. It allowed the Storm to develop a competitive edge over their opponents in recruitment and training. It'll be hard for Perth to develop a competitive advantage over their opponents when every other club will have better facilities than them and money is no longer holding everyone else back.
You could have just said, "yep I have no idea what the NRl grant is" lol

mongoose

Coach

your arguments are just guess work as usual, the only real evidence is the numbers which show Storm rate high nationally. Your speculative reasons as to why don't matter as you have no proof.

If Melbourne wasn't valuable then why did News invest so much money into them? this is the point you constantly bring up about them isn't it? that News spent such and such money on them. Why the f**k would News waste their money?

Perth Red

Post Whore
your arguments are just guess work as usual, the only real evidence is the numbers which show Storm rate high nationally. Your speculative reasons as to why don't matter as you have no proof.

If Melbourne wasn't valuable then why did News invest so much money into them? this is the point you constantly bring up about them isn't it? that News spent such and such money on them. Why the f**k would News waste their money?
lol he starts to froth when it comes to Storm as he doesnt want a successful Perth and tries to use Storms unique journey as some reason perth will fail. Its random and unhinged.

Wb1234

Referee

So

What is it?

stop the fight stop the fight

before someone is killed

mongoose

Coach
So

stop the fight stop the fight

before someone is killed
haha I can do that too

Perth Red:
so
1. you agree Storm are one of the most watched teams in the NRL = value to tv

2. Its irrelevant what they draw in Melbourne, tv dont sign contracts on a city by city basis. The fact is they are top 3 most watched teams in Australia = enormous value to Australian tv

Its bizarre a RL fan would have such a negative view on the positive outcomes of expansion into AFL territory. But we know why lol

whAt a bEat DoWN!! there is no comeback from this!! Donkey had been got rid of!!