What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Referee
Its a momentous time for NRl in Australia not seen since 1992, will the bigwigs have the balls to go all out on expansion, or once again retreat to their cowardly myopic small testes mindset?

PNG, Perth and Christchurch admitted in the next ten years would be huge statement of intent and courage by the NRL.
Calling gjrno
Nothing I said was incorrect and nothing you've referenced here has any relevance to what I was talking about.
Calling the northern rfu the rfl was wrote

a union journo also made the same mistake once and I corrected him as well

Wb1234

Referee
There's an inevitably of it when you add a secondary or third competitor into the same market. Dolphins wont be as big as Broncos and Easts would as likely not be as big as Dolphins. Thats not to say, given how far most of the comp is to Broncos, that Easts couldnt survive and wouldnt be one of the better supported teams in the comp. But thats probably a sad indictment of the rest of the comp.
Sydney is a classic example of over dilution where it has taken 100 years for clubs to even get close to cracking a 20k crowd base due to the number of clubs in one place.

As for Broncos current popularity (which has been seen at this level or close to before) how much is related to from and how much to have an inter city rival only time will tell.
Wow so the broncos average say 40k

if the dolphins average 26k that’s a disaster ?

lmao

mongoose

Coach
I know , that stuff would make me snot one of them, standing there pushing and pulling, shits me to watch as well.
AFL? i remember some relatively famous player injured their shoulder years ago in a game and couldn't get off the field and the opposing team were purposely punching and barging it to make it worse, all off the ball of course... was one of the most unsportsmanlike things I've ever seen. Very weird sport...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wow so the broncos average say 40k

if the dolphins average 26k that’s a disaster ?

lmao
It’s proving the law of diminishing return, Brisbane3 less than 20k?
dolphins are still in their early hype phase, took titans 5 years for their attendances to tank. We have to see what happens to dolphins once the gloss wears off. They only got 18k last week And play at a 10k stadium for some games for fear of poor crowds against lessor teams at Suncorp

Perth Rat and The Great Dunce are yet to prove that Brisbane Tigers will be impacted by "diminishing returns" should they get an NRL licence.

What will lead to "diminishing returns" is having teams in Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth recruiting players from Queensland, New South Wales and New Zealand.

Wb1234

Referee
dolphins are still in their early hype phase, took titans 5 years for their attendances to tank. We have to see what happens to dolphins once the gloss wears off. They only got 18k last week And play at a 10k stadium for some games for fear of poor crowds against lessor teams at Suncorp
26k in Brisbane exceeds 15k in Perth

so according to simple maths Perth shouldn’t get a team under Brisbane 3 or 4 which might avg 15k

The Great Dane

First Grade
whats your point about white anting in regards to team 18?
Nothing specifically about team 18, more a commentary on the current administration in the NRL and RL more generally and their business strategies.

At the moment everything is about publicity events and looking for short cuts to a address complex problems quickly at the expense of doing the hard yards and building up. Get rich quick schemes if you will. It's impossible to build a pyramid in a day, but PVL, the ARLC, the IRL, etc, aren't willing to put in the decades of work necessary to build one so they're constructing hollow facades instead.

They carry that attitude into everything and as such they'll treat the 18th license the same way.

The Great Dane

First Grade
A typical Dane response whenever his assertions are scrutinised.
My 'assertion' hasn't been scrutinised at all.

You don't understand what diminishing returns means and you're too lazy to look it up yourself, so instead you filled the gap with what you thought it meant, i.e. created a strawman, and "scrutinised" that instead.

Furthermore it isn't "my" anything. It's an economic theory that's a fundamental principle of economics, hence why it's called a f**king law. It's basically as close as you can get to a universal truth using the scientific method, and if you have a problem with that you should take it up with the economists, not me.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
Calling gjrno

Calling the northern rfu the rfl was wrote

a union journo also made the same mistake once and I corrected him as well
The RFL is the NRFU.

It's the same organisation, they just changed their name. Saying that using either term for them is wrong is moronic.

I expect in 5 years given the wealth of that club the Dolphins will be flying and crowds won`t be an issue in the slightest. The NRL will be ready for the third team based out of Brisbane.
I`m not sure what your motivations are but there is a strong suggestion that you are death riding this club and that`s unfortunate.

Latest posts