What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Pippen94

First Grade
I can’t help it if former legends of the game live close to me in a rugby league heartland that is continuously ignored.
I only personally know a few of them like Greg Florimo, Dave Fairleigh, Brett Kenny, Steve Ella, Mark O’Meley and Michael Buettner, as for the others I only know of them from their playing days.

Fairleigh is from the central coast originally.

Expansion is the increase of teams. Doesn't mean more teams in other areas. As long as discourse is civil, there should be room for different opinion.
I guess the most moronic thing here is we aren’t debating Perth vs a different location Bears.

It’s literally Perth vs Perth - and why the two muppets who support a plastic bid with no genuine over all plan let alone any form of long term sustainability planning and we only hear hot air from a rich guy - who in actuality isn’t that rich that he could support the prospective franchise anyways over another bid that actually has a plan and actually has real resources that you can physically see - is beyond me.

This isn’t the movie Hook - you cannot just imagine food and it magically appear. You need real food for sustenance.

If these Rocky and Bullwinkle clowns are trolling because they’re bored then kudos to them, but if they are genuinely for real with their feelings in supporting a non existent entity then they are no short way to put it complete and utter morons without a business bone in their body and have 0 idea how businesses operate let alone how a rugby league club operates.

Im not too sure they are even genuine rugby league fans tbh.

Bears are here to grow the game and give W.A. the resources they have to establish the game over there better then the amateur hour it is now. It’s not a take over - it’s assimilation. They are not going to up and leave if it gets hard. This is for keeps.

This is the same club that decided to relocate once before and pour its own money into a stadium it never used only to be forced out. This isn’t a game - this is real business with real stakes at play. If rocky and Bullwinkle don’t want to hop on it’s their loss. Cummins doesn’t give a shit about them - but Bears do give a shit about its fans old and new. Why else try to re enter the comp if not because of commitment people who genuinely care.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
I can’t help it if former legends of the game live close to me in a rugby league heartland that is continuously ignored.
I only personally know a few of them like Greg Florimo, Dave Fairleigh, Brett Kenny, Steve Ella, Mark O’Meley and Michael Buettner, as for the others I only know of them from their playing days.
Don't forget your mate Justin Olam, any chance you can ask him who's the 18th team?

Canard

Immortal
Try addressing the topic at hand, instead of calling everyone who doesn't think the Bears are the greatest thing in RL history trolls.

I think a unique local identity has much more long term value then another Sydney team. See Cowboys, Knights, Storm, Warriors and Broncos et al

A long dead Sydney team will not rsonate as much with the West Coast. How long will it take for the Bears to agitate for more Sydney games? At the first sign of any adversity I say.

Will the current Bears board hand over full control to a WA consortium?

MugaB

Coach
Try addressing the topic at hand, instead of calling everyone who doesn't think the Bears are the greatest thing in RL history trolls.

I think a unique local identity has much more long term value then another Sydney team. See Cowboys, Knights, Storm, Warriors and Broncos et al

A long dead Sydney team will not rsonate as much with the West Coast. How long will it take for the Bears to agitate for more Sydney games? At the first sign of any adversity I say.

I doubt it, unless they have the majority vote, but are ok to let the WA side if things run the day 2 day

mongoose

Coach
Can you know see why I am against Perth?

I wouldn't have a problem with Perth if its power brokers and fans weren't arrogant whiny bitches with an entitlement complex. Unfortunately, the whining and entitlement isn't limited to their small rugby league community. I've seen Western Australians carry on like galahs in fumbleball and cricket because they think the world should revolve around Perth.

Back in 2020 the Perth media chucked a massive tantrum because the Gabba was chosen to host the GF. They called it an old dilapidated dump and demanded it be played at Perth Stadium. Ironically, the game couldn't be played in Perth due to the WA Premier enforcing the harshest border security protocols in the country. If they had have been reasonable with their border restrictions then they would have got the GF.

When the Brisbane Heat played the Perth Scorchers at Perth Stadium in a BBL final a couple of seasons ago the Perth media mocked them for losing their Test players to the Australia vs India series that was being played. All they ever do in Perth is whinge.
you say it like you've been personally victimized by the state of WA lol

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I guess the most moronic thing here is we aren’t debating Perth vs a different location Bears.

It’s literally Perth vs Perth - and why the two muppets who support a plastic bid with no genuine over all plan let alone any form of long term sustainability planning and we only hear hot air from a rich guy - who in actuality isn’t that rich that he could support the prospective franchise anyways over another bid that actually has a plan and actually has real resources that you can physically see - is beyond me.

This isn’t the movie Hook - you cannot just imagine food and it magically appear. You need real food for sustenance.

If these Rocky and Bullwinkle clowns are trolling because they’re bored then kudos to them, but if they are genuinely for real with their feelings in supporting a non existent entity then they are no short way to put it complete and utter morons without a business bone in their body and have 0 idea how businesses operate let alone how a rugby league club operates.

Bears are here to grow the game and give W.A. the resources they have to establish the game over there better then the amateur hour it is now. It’s not a take over - it’s assimilation. They are not going to up and leave if it gets hard. This is for keeps.

This is the same club that decided to relocate once before and pour its own money into a stadium it never used only to be forced out. This isn’t a game - this is real business with real stakes at play. If rocky and Bullwinkle don’t want to hop on it’s their loss. Cummins doesn’t give a shit about them - but Bears do give a shit about its fans old and new. Why else try to re enter the comp if not because of commitment people who genuinely care.
This is the biggest load of bullshit ever spouted, well at least since your last post.

Go and get some more signatures down at bunnings.

The bears failed on the central coast. They failed in their merger. They're a failure and you are a failure for believing their tripe and spreading their bullshit.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Fairleigh is from the central coast originally.
Yes, Dave played for Ourimbah in the age group under myself, I played for Wyong.
Dave’s Ourimbah team played against Steve Carters Wyong side in the GF every year and lost.
We always had GF party’s and Dave was the only Ourimbah player who would turn up for a few hours.
Both my sons played all their juniors at Ourimbah and Dave would rock up for a training session here and there when I gave him a call.
James Maloney also always made himself available to the club.
Dave still lives up here at Wamberal.

Centy Coast

Juniors
This is the biggest load of bullshit ever spouted, well at least since your last post.

Go and get some more signatures down at bunnings.

The bears failed on the central coast. They failed in their merger. They're a failure and you are a failure for believing their tripe and spreading their bullshit.
Geez you are just an aura of sunshine, I love your positivity.

Centy Coast

Juniors

If this, if that, if I won Lotto, mate I’ll go slowly for you, if the Perth Bears are successful, they will be based in Perth until the end of days, there they can build their fortress however long it takes.
Yes WA will and should have the dominate seats at board level, now calm down, have a snickers and relax.

mongoose

Coach

Bears offer some valuable things to a Perth franchise but perhaps acting like Perth is some backwater, lucky to even be considered by the Bears organisation and Perthians are ungrateful peasants who should feel lucky for any rugby league scraps they get is not the best way to go about things... Perth still has the upper hand in this, not the Bears. We know Perth may still be considered as a stand alone new franchise, the Bears will not be considered without Perth, or maybe Christchurch location attached to them.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Well it is an expansion forum, exciting times, time to be positive not miserable.
Go back to the Raiders forum.
Sorry, I'll toe your party line.
The bears are the greatest thing that ever happened to rugby league and their reentry back in the big time is the greatest thing to ever happen in Australia.

Bukowski

Juniors
So Im just trying to help out the bears case. Perth needs their pathways. Who are the North sydney juniors in the NRL at the moment? There must be quite a few