What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The bears think they are hard done by and are owed something.

Truth: Norths were given chances when the writing was on the wall that they were not good enough for a NRL licence. They didn't commit to the merger, than thought they would waltz into the central coast despite being told there were too many teams in the Sydney area (which the CC is part of).

Now they want to dictate terms with the Perth partnership.

Go away.

Wb1234

Referee
If only north had betrayed the arl like the raiders did

guaranteed central coast bears would’ve survived the cull probably at the cost of camberra

its a shame to see selfishness and disloyalty rewarded so here’s hoping pvl rights that wrong

same for Cronulla and Penrith they wouldn’t have survived the cull either

Centy Coast

Juniors
In other words there is no bid from there now. Down here it’s buzzing basketball. It has before then it didn’t. Now it does. If we start putting teams in areas just because we are scared of another sport taking over we might as well give up now.
I agree with you, the Central Coast option has come and gone imo.
The Roosters, Knights and Manly are all against it, there are to many teams in NSW.
It’s a shame but it’s time to move on.
Last night just made me reminisce at what could have been for the area.
Very sad indeed.

Steel Saints

Juniors
I agree with you, the Central Coast option has come and gone imo.
The Roosters, Knights and Manly are all against it, there are to many teams in NSW.
It’s a shame but it’s time to move on.
Last night just made me reminisce at what could have been for the area.
Very sad indeed.

I do feel for ya. But you never know what happens in the future. I don't think anyone expected a PNG team in the NRL. That could be a reality.

Last edited:

siv

First Grade
It’s capacity. I don’t see it as a threat either. Reactions here are amusing. We don’t stick expansion clubs in small catchments in reaction to a once in a while crowd.
CC Bears would be a 1 mil plus catchment from Morrisett / Lake Munmorah through North Shore to North Sydney

Plus large corporate dollars

Anyway soccer will push to increase capicity to 30k or 40k via Venues NSW now

Colk

First Grade
CC Bears would be a 1 mil plus catchment from Morrisett / Lake Munmorah through North Shore to North Sydney

Are you talking about CC stadium? Do you think one attendance over 20k is seriously going to lead to Gosford getting a stadium that large (and that’s even if it is possible from an engineering viewpoint)?

If you are talking about playing their final at SFS/Allianz then yes they should do that. Again though, are you all seriously fretting about a competition that is struggling and averaging under 10k in attendance and not getting much media traction

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The central coast is the perfect location for an a league side. Its a bit like the US cities that aren't big enormous fir a major league franchise so have affiliate clubs in them.

The league juniors in the CC move to the bigger centres to make it. A bit like life in general really, if you live in West Wyalong and want to be a doctor you know you have to move to the big city.

Wb1234

Referee

Central coast bears should’ve got in over the titans

gallop buckled and couldn’t get the clubs on board

one day central coast will get a team as it’s population keeps growing

The central coast is the perfect location for an a league side. Its a bit like the US cities that aren't big enormous fir a major league franchise so have affiliate clubs in them.

The league juniors in the CC move to the bigger centres to make it. A bit like life in general really, if you live in West Wyalong and want to be a doctor you know you have to move to the big city.
Central Coast has a similar sized population to Canberra you dickhead.

Colk

First Grade
Central Coast has a similar sized population to Canberra you dickhead.

Central Coast is also a mix of small towns or areas that have a tenuous link with one other. Think of a shire in England or North Queensland.

It’s also surrounded by 10 other teams within a roughly two hour radius of each other.

Lastly, why add another regional side to the competition? You and I know that being fans of a regional side - it’s difficult for such sides to compete with the corporate dollar

You would actually know this if you actually have been to these places rather than googling them and forming an opinion based on that.

Latest posts