What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Canard

Immortal
21312 is a nice crowd. What this has to do with an 18th NRL club I have no idea. I have not seen any serious proposal to put a club between Sydney and Newcastle. Check the article above about NZ. Now that’s serious.
It's not that nice a crowd, when you consider it's the Grand Final.

I don't think an A League GF every other decade is much of a long term threat to RL.

Vlad59

Juniors

I don't think an A League GF every other decade is much of a long term threat to RL.
It’s capacity. I don’t see it as a threat either. Reactions here are amusing. We don’t stick expansion clubs in small catchments in reaction to a once in a while crowd.

I twice flicked on to that (inadvertently I might add) A-League All-Stars game and twice I saw the ball get passed by the attacking from the opposition`s box all the way back to their own goalkeeper, lost me straight away, what a game,:eek:, it must be an acquired taste.

Centy Coast

Juniors
I twice flicked on to that (inadvertently I might add) A-League All-Stars game and twice I saw the ball get passed by the attacking from the opposition`s box all the way back to their own goalkeeper, lost me straight away, what a game,:eek:, it must be an acquired taste.
It certainly was a hard watch, but soccer is for me.
Well done Mariners.

Centy Coast

Juniors
21312 is a nice crowd. What this has to do with an 18th NRL club I have no idea. I have not seen any serious proposal to put a club between Sydney and Newcastle. Check the article above about NZ. Now that’s serious.
History lesson incoming.
The Central Coast Bears had a serious bid back in 2005, the Gold Coast Titans pipped them at the 11th hour despite the Bears being backed by John Singletons $$$, then from 2010 to 2012 the Central Coast Bears topped every poll, fan poll and player poll as the next preferred expansion team, Perth was always a close 2nd, The NRL told Central Coast fans to vote with their feet, we did we sold out three games 20,059 Central Coast Stadiums capacity, David Gallop then came in an said expansion would not be considered until 2014, 2014 came and the NRL said that expansion would not be considered until all of the NRL’s teams were financially secure.
During this time the Central Coast dream dropped off we now knew the Bears were never going to happen there, the Roosters had now taken the area as their pathways provider and the Wyong Roos were the Roosters feeder club in the NSW Cup.
From this time Perth regularly topped the expansion polls.
IMG_4360.jpeg

Vlad59

Juniors
History lesson incoming.
The Central Coast Bears had a serious bid back in 2005, the Gold Coast Titans pipped them at the 11th hour despite the Bears being backed by John Singletons $$$, then from 2010 to 2012 the Central Coast Bears topped every poll, fan poll and player poll as the next preferred expansion team, Perth was always a close 2nd, The NRL told Central Coast fans to vote with their feet, we did we sold out three games 20,059 Central Coast Stadiums capacity, David Gallop then came in an said expansion would not be considered until 2014, 2014 came and the NRL said that expansion would not be considered until all of the NRL’s teams were financially secure.
During this time the Central Coast dropped off we knew it was never going to happen, the Roosters had now taken the area as their pathways provider and the Wyong Roos were the Roosters feeder club in the NSW Cup.
From this time Perth regularly topped the expansion polls.
View attachment 88633
Thanks for telling me all those things I already knew about that happened 10-20 years ago. I’m talking about now.

mongoose

Coach
There's only one bid ready for the 18th licence. Brisbane Tigers. People don't want to hear it but that's the cold hard reality. It's the only bid with the infrastructure and money to field a team in 2027 and thrive off the field.

NZ2 needs work at the grassroots level. Like the bloke in the article said, it's a ten year project.

Perth will be a disaster. Last night I watched the Queensland Reds smash the Western Force 59-13. If the Force cannot compete with the uber-rich Twiggy Forrest running the club, how the f**k will an NRL club run by a pawnbroker from an ailing business compete with the heavyweights?

PNG is just a disastrous proposition proposed by a brain dead Labor Gov that doesn't have a clue. No one would even be talking about PNG if Labor didn't propose this idea.
better send your findings to PVL so he can change his mind, before its too late!

Centy Coast

Juniors
Thanks for telling me all those things I already knew about that happened 10-20 years ago. I’m talking about now.
You asked what this has to do with now, I posted that as a missed opportunity by the NRL.
This area is buzzing atm over soccer, seriously soccer, the Central Coast who were once the third highest junior rugby league area in NSW.
It’s embarrassing.

Vlad59

Juniors
You asked what this has to do with now, I posted that as a missed opportunity by the NRL.
This area is buzzing atm over soccer, seriously soccer, the Central Coast who were once the third highest junior rugby league area in NSW.
It’s embarrassing.
In other words there is no bid from there now. Down here it’s buzzing basketball. It has before then it didn’t. Now it does. If we start putting teams in areas just because we are scared of another sport taking over we might as well give up now.

Latest posts