What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Central Coast is also a mix of small towns or areas that have a tenuous link with one other. Think of a shire in England or North Queensland.

It’s also surrounded by 10 other teams within a roughly two hour radius of each other.

Lastly, why add another regional side to the competition? You and I know that being fans of a regional side - it’s difficult for such sides to compete with the corporate dollar

You would actually know this if you actually have been to these places rather than googling them and forming an opinion based on that.

Doesn't change the fact Central Coast has a similar sized population to Canberra.

AlwaysWrong said Central Coast isn't large enough to have a team.

See what I'm getting at?

I don't mind regional Queensland and NSW having better representation in the NRL. A considerable amount of Queenslanders and New South Welshmen live in regional centres.

Canard

Immortal
History lesson incoming.
The Central Coast Bears had a serious bid back in 2005, the Gold Coast Titans pipped them at the 11th hour despite the Bears being backed by John Singletons $$$, then from 2010 to 2012 the Central Coast Bears topped every poll, fan poll and player poll as the next preferred expansion team, Perth was always a close 2nd, The NRL told Central Coast fans to vote with their feet, we did we sold out three games 20,059 Central Coast Stadiums capacity, David Gallop then came in an said expansion would not be considered until 2014, 2014 came and the NRL said that expansion would not be considered until all of the NRL’s teams were financially secure.
During this time the Central Coast dream dropped off we now knew the Bears were never going to happen there, the Roosters had now taken the area as their pathways provider and the Wyong Roos were the Roosters feeder club in the NSW Cup.
From this time Perth regularly topped the expansion polls.
View attachment 88633
Having only one team in SEQ would be a far bigger travesty then adding yet another NSW team

Colk

First Grade
Doesn't change the fact Central Coast has a similar sized population to Canberra.

AlwaysWrong said Central Coast isn't large enough to have a team.

See what I'm getting at?

I don't mind regional Queensland and NSW having better representation in the NRL. A considerable amount of Queenslanders and New South Welshmen live in regional centres.

Context my friend. Population is just one element although it took me five seconds to cross check your population argument and it is wrong. Canberra has about 130k more people than CC

Central Coast also isn’t just one place, again it’s a collection of places loosely knit together. For example Gosford is roughly 30 mins drive away from Tuggerah (depending on traffic) and they are uniquely different places. The only real reason that they are grouped together in essence is those towns are neither part of Sydney nor part of Newcastle.

Lastly, if you really wanted another regional team in the competition you’d be better putting it in Qld like the Sunshine Coast or something where there aren’t ten other sides surrounding it

Centy Coast

Juniors
Context my friend. Population is just one element although it took me five seconds to cross check your population argument and it is wrong. Canberra has about 130k more people than CC

Central Coast also isn’t just one place, again it’s a collection of places loosely knit together. For example Gosford is roughly 30 mins drive away from Tuggerah (depending on traffic) and they are uniquely different places. The only real reason that they are grouped together in essence is those towns are neither part of Sydney nor part of Newcastle.

Lastly, if you really wanted another regional team in the competition you’d be better putting it in Qld like the Sunshine Coast or something where there aren’t ten other sides surrounding it
A collection of places ?, you know that there are plenty of places between Gosford and Tuggerah and that depends which road you take e.g. Narara, Wyoming, Lisarow, Ourimbah, Berkeley Vale, Killarney Vale, Bateau Bay, Forresters Beach, Wamberal, Terrigal, Erina and also plenty of surrounding areas, it is not bushland lol.
Back in 1980 the Central Coast were actually offered a place in the then NSWRL competition, CCDRL knocked back the offer citing that they were not ready, Canberra were then offered the position which they accepted and entered the competition in 1982 with the Illawarra Steelers.

MugaB

Coach
The NRL isnt interested in rusted on soccer regions
That's a technicality, they are not scared of them, nor do they need to fear their presence as they share the same rectangular field so they can co exist, players are different athletes and generally the public don't rate the clubs skill to venture in droves as if it was an EPL match, so they exist without us needing to cast a shadow

Colk

First Grade
A collection of places ?, you know that there are plenty of places between Gosford and Tuggerah and that depends which road you take e.g. Narara, Wyoming, Lisarow, Ourimbah, Berkeley Vale, Killarney Vale, Bateau Bay, Forresters Beach, Wamberal, Terrigal, Erina and also plenty of surrounding areas, it is not bushland lol.
Back in 1980 the Central Coast were actually offered a place in the then NSWRL competition, CCDRL knocked back the offer citing that they were not ready, Canberra were then offered the position which they accepted and entered the competition in 1982 with the Illawarra Steelers.

I’m aware of the history mate and I’m also aware of the number of places that form part of the CC as I have lived and worked there.

You know as well as I do that it is about as connected as say the Hunter is. Those areas are seperate, they are not suburbs of a city.

In any case, I don’t mind the Central Coast and if the competition didn’t have for instance 9 Sydney sides then it might be feasible

Matt_CBY

Juniors
The central coast is the perfect location for an a league side. Its a bit like the US cities that aren't big enormous fir a major league franchise so have affiliate clubs in them.

The league juniors in the CC move to the bigger centres to make it. A bit like life in general really, if you live in West Wyalong and want to be a doctor you know you have to move to the big city.
Lol at bold

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Define: wanker

Sorry mot allowed to reply, or if I don't reply I'm a keyboard Warrior. Not allowed to advise to put on ignore but have to put you on ignore. So to clarify:

Define: f**king dipshit dopey wanker, f**k off back to your hole mungo.

First bold - what?

Second bold - very interesting choice of word that is. Uncovers you.

Centy Coast

Juniors
A few norths fans have been posting on the west coast pirates Facebook page. They're coming off as very desperate, hopefully their board are realistic in negotiations.
The Bears fans have infiltrated the West Coast Pirates page, how’s that poll looking ?.
It’s actually good to read positive comments from people who are actually born and bred in W.A. about the Bears.
I’ve worked out who Perth Reds alter ego is, that was easy, now to see who Buttwrinkles identity is ?.

Latest posts