What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Immortal
Gridiron has too many boring stoppages. The padding they wear looks ridiculous. The offensive linesmen, defensive linesmen and line backers are just big fat f**ks. The players spend most of the time standing in a huddle or sitting on their arse. People on here make fun of rugby union, but it's not as stop start and involves far more
continuous action.

I tried getting into basketball a couple years ago. Too monotonous. Up and down. Annoying courtside announcer alongside shit music being blasted through the arena.
If you lived there it would be different

I enjoyed the superbowl

dunno if I could watch it week to week

Centy Coast

Juniors
I know for a fact that the Bears have had some discussions with people from Perth already. Aside from the government I don't know who those were with or if they included Cumins though.

Depending on the audience the Bears have said both that they'll work with anyone and that they'd only consider a merger if the NRL directs them to and fully intend going it alone. They keep repeating that they won't compromise on their 'non-negotiables' though, and I can't see Cumins agreeing to them or blokes like Sackson at the NRL WA being happy with them either.

Frankly I can't see the Bears pursuing a merger unless PVL forces their hand. It'd be totally out of character.
The Bears have dropped virtually all of their non negotiables, the only ones they are standing by are keeping the Bear logo, the colours red and black and that their history remains, Chairman Daniel Dickson has said at the Bears recent AGM that the Bears don’t expect the be the dominant partner in a merger.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Immortal
America is controlled by Israel.
3 billion in aid a year whilst cities like Detroit are third world standard

if anyone boycotts Israel they will face American sanctions

and finally they have threatened the icj if they attempt to act on their arrest warrants for the Zionist leadership

lol

they tried to force tik tok to be sold to a group of Zionist businessmen. The only social media source not owned by Zionists

Vlad59

Bench
WB tiktok, relationships expert.
I think we can finally declare League Unlimited dead. The fact this pack of first rate morons continues to post off topic utter bullshit here in such huge quantities shows that the moderators have given up. No casual poster in their right mind would go near this place. Good luck with it mate. Why any sane company would advertise here defies logic. This joint needs to crash and burn.

Centy Coast

Juniors
NRL unveils 'ambitious' expansion plan as decision is made on North Sydney Bears future

The NRL is reportedly set to grant two new licenses in the coming years.

26497600-6641-11ee-b7af-b086112f8f4a.jpg

Ben Talintyre

Sports Reporter

Mon, 13 May 2024·3-min read

The NRL has revealed its bold plans to grant two new NRL licenses in the coming years with a goal of reaching 20 teams in the next decade. Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) chairman Peter V'landys, is reportedly targeting the Perth Bears and adding the first side from Papua New Guinea as the first stage of the NRL's expansion.

According to The Daily Telegraph, V’landys has already held discussions with Prime Minister Anthony Albanese regarding a $600 million ‘soft diplomacy’ package to provide funds to Papua New Guinea to set up a side fit to join the NRL. A PNG side is set to be the next team added to the competition, with the aim to see have the club in the league by 2028.

In an even bolder plan, V'landys has reportedly set his sights on Wayne Bennett to coach the new PNG franchise. The Dolphins coach is reportedly set to sign a three-year deal with the Rabbitohs, meaning he'd be a free agent for the 2028 season to take the helm of the NRL's newest team.

"Naturally, we would love to have Wayne Bennett involved with an 18th team," V’landys said. "He is a genius and if he is available for the next expansion bid, absolutely we want him... Wayne shares our vision on expansion and he wants to be part of that vision absolutely.”

The PNG franchise is still being analysed by the ARL to ensure that they would be fit for the NRL but V'landy's is confident that they will be added in the coming years. The success of the Dolphins franchise has reportedly given rugby league bosses confidence that further expanding the league is a good idea.

Bears set to make NRL return as a joint venture

The Bears are considered to be the most likely to win the second expansion spot. Perth and North Sydney chiefs have reportedly been discussing a joint venture proposal, with the NRL hopeful that the Bears will play several games at the historic North Sydney Oval, with the remainder of home games to be played in Perth.

The Bears last featured in the top flight of Australian rugby league in 1999 and the NRL is reportedly keen to bring them back, while also giving Western Australia a long overdue team to support. "The Perth Bears is the ideal partnership," V’landys said.

"By the end of June, we will be in a position as a game to make a call on expansion... I am super confident there will eventually be 20 teams, that’s the ambition. Perth are absolutely on our hit list for expansion and it’s sooner rather than later. There’s no way North Sydney can be a stand-alone team at the moment because there’s too many teams in Sydney as it is."
IMG_4460.jpeg

The Great Dane

First Grade
The Bears have dropped virtually all of their non negotiables, the only ones they are standing by are keeping the Bear logo, the colours red and black and that their history remains, Chairman Daniel Dickson has said at the Bears recent AGM that the Bears don’t expect the be the dominant partner in a merger.
Speaking of people who lack a conscience and are comfortable selling the future in pursuit of their own self-gratification in the present. . .

Norths are still demanding 100% ownership and control of the branding, home games at NSO ('ideally four' was the number Dickson gave last time I heard him give a specific number), and a controlling stake of the license. In other words their non-negotiables haven't changed and you're just lying at this point by suggesting otherwise.

The reason he doesn't expect to be the dominant partner in a merger is because he'd rather not be part of a merger at all. You can pretend otherwise, but you'd only be deluding yourself.

Their priorities and attitudes are completely off and it'll be a travesty if they're allowed anywhere near a license. It's everything wrong with Sydney-centric bias of the sport and that's coming from a Bears fan.

docbrown

Coach
I think we can finally declare League Unlimited dead. The fact this pack of first rate morons continues to post off topic utter bullshit here in such huge quantities shows that the moderators have given up. No casual poster in their right mind would go near this place. Good luck with it mate. Why any sane company would advertise here defies logic. This joint needs to crash and burn.
But where will we go for updates on Israel's world domination plans and discussion about the Polish economy?

Wb1234

Immortal
NRL unveils 'ambitious' expansion plan as decision is made on North Sydney Bears future

The NRL is reportedly set to grant two new licenses in the coming years.

View attachment 89110

Ben Talintyre

Sports Reporter

Mon, 13 May 2024·3-min read

The NRL has revealed its bold plans to grant two new NRL licenses in the coming years with a goal of reaching 20 teams in the next decade. Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) chairman Peter V'landys, is reportedly targeting the Perth Bears and adding the first side from Papua New Guinea as the first stage of the NRL's expansion.

According to The Daily Telegraph, V’landys has already held discussions with Prime Minister Anthony Albanese regarding a $600 million ‘soft diplomacy’ package to provide funds to Papua New Guinea to set up a side fit to join the NRL. A PNG side is set to be the next team added to the competition, with the aim to see have the club in the league by 2028.

In an even bolder plan, V'landys has reportedly set his sights on Wayne Bennett to coach the new PNG franchise. The Dolphins coach is reportedly set to sign a three-year deal with the Rabbitohs, meaning he'd be a free agent for the 2028 season to take the helm of the NRL's newest team.

"Naturally, we would love to have Wayne Bennett involved with an 18th team," V’landys said. "He is a genius and if he is available for the next expansion bid, absolutely we want him... Wayne shares our vision on expansion and he wants to be part of that vision absolutely.”

The PNG franchise is still being analysed by the ARL to ensure that they would be fit for the NRL but V'landy's is confident that they will be added in the coming years. The success of the Dolphins franchise has reportedly given rugby league bosses confidence that further expanding the league is a good idea.

Bears set to make NRL return as a joint venture

The Bears are considered to be the most likely to win the second expansion spot. Perth and North Sydney chiefs have reportedly been discussing a joint venture proposal, with the NRL hopeful that the Bears will play several games at the historic North Sydney Oval, with the remainder of home games to be played in Perth.

The Bears last featured in the top flight of Australian rugby league in 1999 and the NRL is reportedly keen to bring them back, while also giving Western Australia a long overdue team to support. "The Perth Bears is the ideal partnership," V’landys said.

"By the end of June, we will be in a position as a game to make a call on expansion... I am super confident there will eventually be 20 teams, that’s the ambition. Perth are absolutely on our hit list for expansion and it’s sooner rather than later. There’s no way North Sydney can be a stand-alone team at the moment because there’s too many teams in Sydney as it is."
View attachment 89111
“The Perth Bears is the ideal partnership," V’landys said.

That settles it then

Up to two games a year at nso too

so pumped for the bears return

Centy Coast

Juniors
Speaking of people who lack a conscience and are comfortable selling the future in pursuit of their own self-gratification in the present. . .

Norths are still demanding 100% ownership and control of the branding, home games at NSO ('ideally four' was the number Dickson gave last time I heard him give a specific number), and a controlling stake of the license. In other words their non-negotiables haven't changed and you're just lying at this point by suggesting otherwise.

The reason he doesn't expect to be the dominant partner in a merger is because he'd rather not be part of a merger at all. You can pretend otherwise, but you'd only deluding yourself.

Their priorities and attitudes are completely off and they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a license, and that's coming from a Bears fan.
North Sydney Chairman Daniel Dickson was questioned at the Bears AGM in April, I stated it on here after the AGM had been held, you can call me a liar but I have no reason to lie, many Bears fans had heard about Dicksons first meeting with Perth Officials along with Billy Moore a few years ago at a State of Origin match in Perth.
Many had heard how negative he and Moore had come across, Dickson has been in damage control with Bears members ever since.
You are certainly “NOT” a Bears fan.