What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

No real fan of Rugby League would finish the efforts of any premiership winning team no matter how the premierships were won at the time.

There is a reason the past isn’t looked at through modern day lenses.

Not to mention there actually was a “grand final” (in modern terms) in 1922.

Maybe so some research before making yourself look like a dick.
You go for Norths, no better way than to declare yourself as a "dick".
A team that is trying to be in the real competition, and will whore itself off to whomever.
Suck on that reality.
A deadshit team, with deadshit supporters.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Fact is, Cronulla-Sutherland play in the NRL. North Sydney play in the NSW Cup.
Your team plays in the second tier comp for a reason, you could not, and will not, hold a place in the Premier competition.
Why would anyone want to associate with a failed team that was kicked out because they were deemed not worthy.
Bunch of losers supporting a loser team. Cest la vie.
Funny thing is, the Bears with no contracted Storm NRL players playing for them today defeated the Jets, who had 14 contracted NRL Sharks players playing for them.
Futures bright Sharks fans, Up, Up Cronulla.
Not bad for a loser club.
Now please go back to your room for another 34 years.

IMG_4789.jpeg

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
He isn't wrong, you're thinking about the ownership and the branding of this Perth team, not about its best chance to be successful from the get go, I'm all for a Perth team to come in and be its own thing like the Reds were, but they haven't done anything at their lower teir to be able to be competitive, had they had a comp running like the likes of qrl or nswrl then yeah no worries, but when the highest level was spooning forever as an SGball team, having an outfit like the bears port over is a no brainer, if this was easts tigers of Brisbane saying they wanted to be in Perth I'd be right behind it in the same way
Ironically the only years we didn’t finish bottom we finished above NS lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
How many jnr clubs in NS region and how many registered jnrs? How may of the current ns nsw cup team are from ns jnr clubs?

who do kids currently playing for clubs in the Newtown region come under?

Centy Coast

Juniors
How many jnr clubs in NS region and how many registered jnrs? How may of the current ns nsw cup team are from ns jnr clubs
The North Sydney juniors have worked really hard to try and help their junior competitions survive since the Bears NRL demise.
Many clubs have folded since 1999, which is very sad, Hornsby Lions was one I remember.
Current local North Sydney clubs include:
Asquith Magpies,
Berowra Wallabies,
Hills Hawks,
Pennant Hills Stags,
North Sydney Brothers, Willoughby Roos,
Lane Cove Tigers and
the Mount Kuring-Gai Cubs.
Due to lack of numbers in the older age groups I think from U13’s onwards they play in the Manly Warringah juniors.
I’m a Central Coast resident so I’m not 100% on this.
who do kids currently playing for clubs in the Newtown region come under?
Newtown Jets junior teams play in the South Sydney Competition.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Ironically the only years we didn’t finish bottom we finished above NS lol
You must be talking about the S.G.Ball competition because you certainly wouldn’t be talking the Reds two years in the ARL competition.
The Bears Harold Matt’s and S.G.Ball sides were mainly made up of players from the North Sydney competition as most junior players wanted to go and play with the NRL affiliated junior rep teams.
Things have changed recently.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Fact is, Cronulla-Sutherland play in the NRL. North Sydney play in the NSW Cup.
Your team plays in the second tier comp for a reason, you could not, and will not, hold a place in the Premier competition.
Why would anyone want to associate with a failed team that was kicked out because they were deemed not worthy.
Bunch of losers supporting a loser team. Cest la vie.
Your lack of knowledge is truly outstanding. Well done.

its “C'est la vie” you absolute plonker.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
You go for Norths, no better way than to declare yourself as a "dick".
A team that is trying to be in the real competition, and will whore itself off to whomever.
Suck on that reality.
A deadshit team, with deadshit supporters.
Your level of stupidity knows no bounds.

The team I support is in my username.

But well done again. You’re stupider than the trolls on here with no life.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You must be talking about the S.G.Ball competition because you certainly wouldn’t be talking the Reds two years in the ARL competition.
The Bears Harold Matt’s and S.G.Ball sides were mainly made up of players from the North Sydney competition as most junior players wanted to go and play with the NRL affiliated junior rep teams.
Things have changed recently.
Yes SG ball the two years pirates finished above north sydney!
1995 reds and bears had same number of wins,’ 96 Bears had a much better year.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The North Sydney juniors have worked really hard to try and help their junior competitions survive since the Bears NRL demise.
Many clubs have folded since 1999, which is very sad, Hornsby Lions was one I remember.
Current local North Sydney clubs include:
Asquith Magpies,
Berowra Wallabies,
Hills Hawks,
Pennant Hills Stags,
North Sydney Brothers, Willoughby Roos,
Lane Cove Tigers and
the Mount Kuring-Gai Cubs.
Due to lack of numbers in the older age groups I think from U13’s onwards they play in the Manly Warringah juniors.
I’m a Central Coast resident so I’m not 100% on this.

Newtown Jets junior teams play in the South Sydney Competition.
Cheers, So 7 NS jnr clubs v WA’s 22?
seems it’s just investment and systems we are lacking, not numbers.

Funny thing is, the Bears with no contracted Storm NRL players playing for them today defeated the Jets, who had 14 contracted NRL Sharks players playing for them.
Futures bright Sharks fans, Up, Up Cronulla.
Not bad for a loser club.
Now please go back to your room for another 34 years.
You know what's even funnier?
Having actually seen my team win a 1st Grade competition and know what it feels like.
You can only dream about it.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
It's, not "its"
You're too easy
Please. You didn’t even know there was a final in 1922.

North Sydney 2 premiership - 1 (in modern terms) Grand final win

Cronulla 1 tainted premiership- 1 grand final win.

You’re butt sore that WA are going to have more premierships on day 1 than Cronulla will ever get to.

The truth is, putting Cronulla into the NSWRL premiership because the dominance of a real footy club was one of the biggest mistakes the NSWRL ever made.