What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

It’s Perth Red, just say nothing and move on, he wants a NRL team in Perth BUT.
You can only explain things a certain amount of times, sometimes people just don’t want to accept the best way forward.
He ignores all of Perth's weaknesses. If a bid from another location had the same sort of weaknesses as Perth he would dismiss it straight away as a poor candidate for expansion.

Wb1234

Referee
He ignores all of Perth's weaknesses. If a bid from another location had the same sort of weaknesses as Perth he would dismiss it straight away as a poor candidate for expansion.
Linking with the bears takes away every weakness and it ends up a pretty strong club

assuming all the forum conspiracy theories about norths trying to undermine the team from a position of minority ownership will be as accurate as the dolphins being a failure

Linking with the bears takes away every weakness and it ends up a pretty strong club

assuming all the forum conspiracy theories about norths trying to undermine the team from a position of minority ownership will be as accurate as the dolphins being a failure
If all twelve home games are played in Perth and a Western Australian consortium has 50% ownership of it then it might work.

The Titans' failure to be more than a small team in a strong rugby league market doesn't give me confidence in Perth. I think we should look at the trials and tribulations of the Western Force to get an estimate of how an NRL club will fare. If we blindly assume RL will succeed where RU failed because the former is "better" then we're as delusional as the AwFuL fans who think fumbleball will take over Brisbane and Sydney.

Wb1234

Referee
If all twelve home games are played in Perth and a Western Australian consortium has 50% ownership of it then it might work.

The Titans' failure to be more than a small team in a strong rugby league market doesn't give me confidence in Perth. I think we should look at the trials and tribulations of the Western Force to get an estimate of how an NRL club will fare. If we blindly assume RL will succeed where RU failed because the former is "better" then we're as delusional as the AwFuL fans who think fumbleball will take over Brisbane and Sydney.
Genuinely think it’s going to be a strong club now

if they come in first does that mean they get Bennett ?

would be huge for them if so

Centy Coast

Juniors
People talked up the Western Force. The club failed to deliver on all metrics over the longhaul.
Yeah but you are talking Rugby Union, Union is such a hit and miss sport in Australia.
I don’t think it will be easy but I think they will be fine.
I will most certainly be a member and will attend away games and some home games, especially the first home game if the Perth Bears are successful.

Wb1234

Referee
Yeah but you are talking Rugby Union, Union is such a hit and miss sport in Australia.
I will most certainly be a member and will attend away games and some home games, especially the first home game if the Perth Bears are successful.
Will be

nrl grant 19.5 million
Nrl salary cap 12.5 million.

any expansion club can just about live off the nrl grant alone and have zero other income and survive

We'll have to wait and see what happens with a Perth-based team.

I cannot see the two local AwFuL clubs letting the NRL have a free ride. AwFuL will ramp up their promotional campaigns.

Seven West Media is owned by Kerry Stokes. He won't give RL any free coverage. News Ltd doesn't have a very large presence in the Western Australian print media.

There's a large South African community in Perth that loves rugby union. Plenty of Brits and New Zealanders who love the game, too. Out of all the places in Australia, Perth is probably the best suited for rugby union.

Will be

nrl grant 19.5 million
Nrl salary cap 12.5 million.

any expansion club can just about live off the nrl grant alone and have zero other income and survive
That's only $7m for football operations. The bigger clubs chew through that to stay ahead of the rest of the competition.

How long since the broncos last won a comp ?

there is zero to low correlation between football club spend and winning title

Some clubs have a greater advantage than the rest. Sydney clubs have the luxury of less travel. Roosters are in the best location and can provide strong third party player payment deals.

Storm were given every advantage under the sun by News Ltd and the ARLC.

We don't know whether all clubs are honest and playing by the rules. I wouldn't be surprised if the clubs at the top are rorting the system to some degree. If things seem too good to be true then they usually are.

Broncos are a mystery. Have many advantages, but have underperformed since 2006. The extra travel and burden of Origin really knocks the Queensland clubs around. It doesn't help that the Cowboys and Broncos keep losing talented players to other teams, which has weakened their depth.

Latest posts