What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

final say

Juniors
Some clubs have a greater advantage than the rest. Sydney clubs have the luxury of less travel. Roosters are in the best location and can provide strong third party player payment deals.

Storm were given every advantage under the sun by News Ltd and the ARLC.

We don't know whether all clubs are honest and playing by the rules. I wouldn't be surprised if the clubs at the top are rorting the system to some degree. If things seem too good to be true then they usually are.

Broncos are a mystery. Have many advantages, but have underperformed since 2006. The extra travel and burden of Origin really knocks the Queensland clubs around. It doesn't help that the Cowboys and Broncos keep losing talented players to other teams, which has weakened their depth.
Call me a conspiracy theorist but....
It's almost as if they all have 12 million to spend on players out of their 17 million.
Almost like all the other money is just business, profits ect.. like the Broncos may as well be a company that you can't buy stocks in..
Nah, just kidding. Pure coincidence.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but....
It's almost as if they all have 12 million to spend on players out of their 17 million.
Almost like all the other money is just business, profits ect.. like the Broncos may as well be a company that you can't buy stocks in..
Nah, just kidding. Pure coincidence.

GEMBA broke down the financials of the clubs a few years ago.

IMG_0051.pngIMG_0052.png

final say

Juniors
There's not 1 bid that exists that wouldn't cover that comfortably.
Except for the South Stradbroke island sea turtles..that bid rests purely on the sponsorship of the inter- island ferry sponsorship but they seemed to have patched things up. Sure helps playing on the sandy beach of a national park ( no stadium fees) and free camping for away teams..
Team 22 , just ahead of the Alice Springs didgeridoos.. those f**kers are in the dream time if they think playing on a dried up river bed in going to cut it.

Wb1234

Referee
Some clubs have a greater advantage than the rest. Sydney clubs have the luxury of less travel. Roosters are in the best location and can provide strong third party player payment deals.

Storm were given every advantage under the sun by News Ltd and the ARLC.

We don't know whether all clubs are honest and playing by the rules. I wouldn't be surprised if the clubs at the top are rorting the system to some degree. If things seem too good to be true then they usually are.

Broncos are a mystery. Have many advantages, but have underperformed since 2006. The extra travel and burden of Origin really knocks the Queensland clubs around. It doesn't help that the Cowboys and Broncos keep losing talented players to other teams, which has weakened their depth.
U
Is there a salary cap on football operations in the NRL?
Soft cap don’t think it’s policed

shewi6

Juniors
"Brisbane's Western corridor "
Is it not ?
I mean no, not really. You have 100km of small towns and farmland before you get to the city... of ipswich and then another 30km to brisbane.

You may as well say that alice springs is part of 'Brisbane’s western corridor' because it is west of Brisbane, in a corridor, whatever a corridor really means geographically speaking.

final say

Juniors
I mean no, not really. You have 100km of small towns and farmland before you get to the city... of ipswich and then another 30km to brisbane.

You may as well say that alice springs is part of 'Brisbane’s western corridor' because it is west of Brisbane, in a corridor, whatever a corridor really means geographically speaking.
Semantics

Canard

Immortal
Thousands would turn up to Origin days, anywhere in Australia.

Toowoomba is RL heartland, but is not and never will be "Brisbane"

final say

Juniors
Thousands would turn up to Origin days, anywhere in Australia.

Toowoomba is RL heartland, but is not and never will be "Brisbane"
They're saying the Brisbane western corridor, which has no definitive point.
I would say maybe Gatton , then Toowoomba is like 40 minutes away.
Someone making a broad statement, is just that , then people are trying to box it in .. why ?