What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Centy Coast

Juniors
It's not an expansion ladder. It's a 2nd tier comp ladder. And let's not beat around the bush - if the bears weren't top of the table you wouldn't be posting it.
True, but I like to inform my WA friends of the team they are likely to be partnering with for expansion because if they were to believe the misinformation that is on these forums they would surely be running for the hills.
Other expansion hopefuls who play in the Hostplus QLD Cup are struggling to keep pace with the top sides in 2024, the PNG Hunters are in 8th position on 18 points and the Brisbane Tigers are in 9th place with 17 points.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
True, but I like to inform my WA friends of the team they are likely to be partnering with for expansion because if they were to believe the misinformation that is on these forums they would surely be running for the hills.
Other expansion hopefuls who play in the Hostplus QLD Cup are struggling to keep pace with the top sides in 2024, the PNG Hunters are in 8th position on 18 points and the Brisbane Tigers are in 9th place with 17 points.
Former Asquith magpies junior just made his wallabies debut

Iamback

Coach
Pretty good article, its a nice window into the thoughts and worries of some of the chairman who are all looking after thier own backyard (so to speak)

Expansion is a very risky process, but to use Melbourne rebels as an example, is probably baseline useless... wrong code, wrong pathways, wrong platform, basically anything RU do, would never affect the NRL, as they arent near in any type metric that would be considered useful, that aside the injection of federal money from the png bid, has become a sure thing, and the currently favourite Perth/ Bears bid should be a no brainer, new city, heritage brand, stadium facilities, pathways, its all a great marriage of things each bid lack.

To me it's the last one, the 20th bid that I worry about, we hear its Christchurch, but all they have is the stadium, not much else, no history, no pathways, it's again gaining popularity only coz its away but also in the same country as the warriors, I mean technically a Wellington bid has the same chance or Adelaide or anywhere that has a stadium really.

Yes but it shows all the layers a bid needs to get through to get in.
This is why IF Perth joins with the Bears it isn't due to Sydney centric factors but the good business case

MugaB

Coach
All good, I suppose, I just thought it wasn't relevant, it was getting into PR posting territory, we're every WA thread got bumped with tales of perf park footy results, but yeah seeing though they are getting some questions put over their credentials, post away

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench
Clubs say they are concerned about bidders finances and a lack of players for 20 teams when the really want that extra 2 million pa in funding to allow it

clubs are whores they should just be honest about it
They miss the point that expansion actually grows the cash flow.. especially from extra games per weekend - just a matter of making sure the club share (ie club grants) grow too, which should be easy enough if the rights money grows.

MugaB

Coach
Lol, you don't give up do you?!
Apparently vlad got him posting that he is a massive AFL fan, so basically he's just trolling every expansion thread now, there probably isn't a limit to how low this tossbag can go, but he is doing a decent job of being a complete nuisance to everyone

Milhouse2020

Juniors
Apparently vlad got him posting that he is a massive AFL fan, so basically he's just trolling every expansion thread now, there probably isn't a limit to how low this tossbag can go, but he is doing a decent job of being a complete nuisance to everyone

I follow the Storm and GWS Giant. therefore, I follow both the AFL and NRL. I hope that clears things up for you.

Latest posts