What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Referee
Merge both Jets clubs with Brissy Tigers ?, or just both Jets clubs ?.
Ipswich merge with either

whichever offers the most money but Brisbane east’s makes the most sense

nrl should allow them to retain jets name since Newtown were never an nrl club

They are giving everyone who reasonably carry a team one

20 nrl teams will see rugby league the dominant sport in Australia and nz

if he took over in 2013 he would’ve done the same thing as now and added teams

the real question is why did previous not add Brisbane 2 sooner when they were allowed too (2015 being the date)
I do believe V'landys is the best leader we've had in ages. I just don't trust him to get the final three expansion licences right.

How can I after all the crap he's said about the Bears, Pasifika and Melbourne 2?

It's hard to know when V'landys is serious and when he's trolling the media. There's also the possibility of him not having a f**ken clue.

Didn't he add the Dolphins because the Broncos were struggling on the field and it led to poor ratings in Brisbane?

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
I do believe V'landys is the best leader we've had in ages. I just don't trust him him get the final three expansion licences right.

How can I after all the crap he's said about the Bears, Pasifika and Melbourne 2?

It's hard to know when V'landys is serious and when he's trolling the media. There's also the possibility of him not having a f**ken clue.

Didn't he add the Dolphins because the Broncos were struggling on the field and it led to poor ratings in Brisbane?
Melbourne 2 was obviously trolling

cairns png thing failed because the cowboys kicked up a stink

overcoming the resistance from the clubs and the nswrl and qrl to expansion is a huge task. Nobody else has been able to do it

his reasons for the dolphins were

1. Ensure future competitiveness of origin by giving qld another team

2. juniors

3. combat afl

linking Perth and the bears is an excellent move.

having png and pacikia linked was a dumb move I agree with you there

Easts have the money but can't use the Tiger. Jets have the brand that resonates with the West and the juniors but no money, it's a no brainer
That's possible, but would they want to deal with the crap that plagues merged entities?

They could always use the name "Brisbane FC".

That should rile up the small soccer community that thinks they're entitled to everything. Watching them whinge on social media would be as good as Origin.

Melbourne 2 was obviously trolling

MugaB fell for it.

cairns png thing failed because the cowboys kicked up a stink

It was never going to work. The Cairns mayor is the only person who wanted it to happen. PNG never wanted to be based in Cairns.

overcoming the resistance from the clubs and the nswrl and qrl to expansion is a huge task. Nobody else has been able to do it

That is true. He succeeded where everyone else failed.

his reasons for the dolphins were

1. Ensure future competitiveness of origin by giving qld another team

2. juniors

3. combat afl

If he wanted to combat fumbleball then the Brisbane Firehawks bid would have been the better option.

linking Perth and the bears is an excellent move.

No one in Perth wants to be saddled with the Bears. No one at the Bears wants to relocate permanently to Perth.

having png and pacikia linked was a dumb move I agree with you there

V'landys kept on pushing the idea until PNG told him "no".

Wb1234

Referee
MugaB fell for it.

It was never going to work. The Cairns mayor is the only person who wanted it to happen. PNG never wanted to be based in Cairns.

That is true. He succeeded where everyone else failed.

If he wanted to combat fumbleball then the Brisbane Firehawks bid would have been the better option.

No one in Perth wants to be saddled with the Bears. No one at the Bears wants to relocate permanently to Perth.

V'landys kept on pushing the idea until PNG told him "no".
He will deliver

18. Perth bears
2. Png
3. Christchurch

nrl footprint 45 million ppl

Reflector

Juniors
Yeah I hate that the NRL made them drop Redcliffe too. I was at the leagues club recently up there and they aren't even allowed to sell NRL Dolphins merchandise in the team shop.

BRL club gets admitted to the NRL:
- premierships not recognised (BRL was first grade RL prior to 1988 and then it became a second tier comp)
- Redcliffe name not recognised
- treated as a separate entity to the Dolphins in the Q Cup

NSW club is looking to get admitted, but in Perth instead of Sydney
- premierships will be recognised (both of which were won in the 1920's loooong before there was a national comp)
- treated as a continuation of the NSWRL club
- they even get a Sydney game even though they are supposedly a Perth club now

This is the most recent example of the kind of NSW arrogance that has provided the fire for us to dominate Origin since it's inception.
It's the QRL who won't allow the NRL side to have the same name as the QCup team.

But I'm sure Billy can include your version in the Maroons Book Of Feuds and read it out to the team before Wednesday night...

Reflector

Juniors
I’m not sure it wasn’t the club themselves who didn’t want to use Redcliffe

they get home games there

If they use Redcliffe how do they becomes a north Brisbane team
No, it was the NSWNRL making life hard for Qld, as they have devoted all their time and energy to ever since 1908. It's the worst kept secret in the game that at NRL headquarters, there is a secret room where high-ranking NSW-based administrators of the game meet once a week, don sky blue cloaks, sacrifice a cane toad in the middle of a pentagram and then chant over and over:

MAKE SOME BLOKE IN A CANEFIELD HAVE A MISERABLE TIME FOLLOWING RL

They would get away with it too, if it wasn't for those darn Qlders and their passion and spirit and standing tall in the face of adversity - all traits found nowhere else amongst any other group of people on planet Earth...

Centy Coast

Juniors
I cannot see parochial Western Australians accepting a Sydney team.
Most of the WA people just want a NRL team to call their own, this team will be based in WA, Bear logo and red & black colours, the rest is all WA.
The home jersey will probs be WA colours red, black and yellow anyway and the away jersey red and black.
There are so many different jerseys in a season these days home jersey, away jersey jersey, heritage jersey, indigenous jersey, Anzac jersey.

blue bags

First Grade
Most of the WA people just want a NRL team to call their own, this team will be based in WA, Bear logo and red & black colours, the rest is all WA.
The home jersey will probs be WA colours red, black and yellow anyway and the away jersey red and black.
There are so many different jerseys in a season these days home jersey, away jersey jersey, heritage jersey, indigenous jersey, Anzac jersey.
Movie Marvelous round Jersey
Women in League round Jersey
Tradies week jersey. Knights
Las Vegas jersey
Captains Run jersey
Beanie for Brains round Jersey

The fact Dickson and Moore won't shut up about games at NSO proves it's North Sydney using Perth as a means to an end. It's no different to a foreigner marrying an Aussie to gain citizenship.

Pippen94

First Grade
No, it was the NSWNRL making life hard for Qld, as they have devoted all their time and energy to ever since 1908. It's the worst kept secret in the game that at NRL headquarters, there is a secret room where high-ranking NSW-based administrators of the game meet once a week, don sky blue cloaks, sacrifice a cane toad in the middle of a pentagram and then chant over and over:

MAKE SOME BLOKE IN A CANEFIELD HAVE A MISERABLE TIME FOLLOWING RL

They would get away with it too, if it wasn't for those darn Qlders and their passion and spirit and standing tall in the face of adversity - all traits found nowhere else amongst any other group of people on planet Earth...

Expansionists vs traditionalists was just a distraction. Real rivalry here was always going to come down to NSW vs Qld.

It's the QRL who won't allow the NRL side to have the same name as the QCup team.

But I'm sure Billy can include your version in the Maroons Book Of Feuds and read it out to the team before Wednesday night...
I think you're right about the QRL not allowing the Dolphins to use the same name.

You cannot deny that the game's administration is Sydney-centric?

If it wasn't then the Chairman wouldn't be trying to revive a dead Sydney club and force it on a market that doesn't want nor need it.

There's no reason for a Perth-based club to be tied with the Bears. It's just a narrowminded ploy by a corrupt and delusional Sydney-centric administration to make everything about Sydney. If you cannot understand why people outside of Sydney object to this then maybe you should ask your GP for a referral to a psychiatrist.

MugaB

Coach
I think you're right about the QRL not allowing the Dolphins to use the same name.

You cannot deny that the game's administration is Sydney-centric?

If it wasn't then the Chairman wouldn't be trying to revive a dead Sydney club and force it on a market that doesn't want nor need it.

There's no reason for a Perth-based club to be tied with the Bears. It's just a narrowminded ploy by a corrupt and delusional Sydney-centric administration to make everything about Sydney. If you cannot understand why people outside of Sydney object to this then maybe you should ask your GP for a referral to a psychiatrist.
Salty donks
Extremely salty donks...
Must be happening if donks has gone all Scrooge sarcasm detector.jpg

Latest posts