What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

The Great Dane

First Grade
The success of the Dolohins actually may work against Brisbane 3's chances in the short-term, because a) the NRL probably won't wanna disrupt SE-Queensland in any hurry and b) having a cashed-up Brisbane Easts ready to "come off the bench" is useful to keep in hand just in case other expansion teams hit trouble & the NRL needs a sure-fire sugar-hit of cash.

Brisbane 3 is a powerful card to play, and I can absolutely understand the NRL keeping it in reserve at the moment.
Speaking of time bombs lol.

Yeah the Dolphins are that drop 6k off your average attendance in your second year kind of "success". Even I didn't predict a drop off that steep.

The Broncos will artificially inflate that average a bit, but you better hope the NRL rig the comp for them soon otherwise their crowds could drop as low as 15k before 2033.

Can't wait for PVL to go for the trifecta of bad ideas and hand Perth to the Bears. That should get all the boomers and bogans jowls giggling with excitement.

Pippen94

First Grade
Speaking of time bombs lol.

Yeah the Dolphins are that drop 6k off your average attendance in your second year kind of "success". Even I didn't predict a drop off that steep.

The Broncos will artificially inflate that average a bit, but you better hope the NRL rig the comp for them soon otherwise their crowds could drop as low as 15k before 2033.

Can't wait for PVL to go for the trifecta of bad ideas and hand Perth to the Bears. That should get all the boomers and bogans jowls giggling with excitement.

If this guy says bears will flop, it means they'll be a roaring success. Only guarantee when it comes to expansion.

jim_57

Staff member
Among the three south-east Queensland clubs, only seven of the 94 contracted players played their junior football or grew up in the south Brisbane or western regions.
This is despite the fact the state hosts almost 40 per cent of the game’s total participants, yet NSW has 10 teams to feed.

Lol what is the article even trying to say? Broncos, Dolphins & Titans have 7 players from Logan/Ipswich despite the whole of Queensland having 40% of the game’s participants?… what?

MugaB

Coach

pvl used the idea of Perth as the next team in to get better terms out of albanese
More like to rush him to get those ducks in order, seriously politians are fkn sloths, either way they are both coming and it's better that it's all done now so that they can prepare to organise rosters and staff ahead of time (not like they gave the dolphins)

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Lol what is the article even trying to say? Broncos, Dolphins & Titans have 7 players from Logan/Ipswich despite the whole of Queensland having 40% of the game’s participants?… what?
Is there someone who would like to post the whole article here please?
Going off what you wrote, Queensland seems to be good at participation, but its not translating into NRL quality 1st graders... I'm guessing... maybe they need another 5 SEQ teams hey donks?

Wb1234

Referee
B
More like to rush him to get those ducks in order, seriously politians are fkn sloths, either way they are both coming and it's better that it's all dine now so that they can prepare to organise rosters and staff ahead of time (not like they gave the dolphins)
Building the athletes village will take time and the home ground needs to be 25k plus with better security and some decent corporate facilities

Wb1234

Referee
Going off what you wrote, Queensland seems to be good at participation, but its not translating into NRL quality 1st graders... I'm guessing... maybe they need another 5 SEQ teams hey donks?
Go back a page I did

Iamback

Coach

It is no wonder GC and NQ want to run their own reserve grade team

MugaB

Coach
Go back a page I did
Yeah shìt article, terrible reasons, where was this article when NSW couldn't win a series during 8 SoO in a row of QLDs dominance, it's complete BS, completely talking up the east tigers, why not talk up Ipswich or souths magpies or Wynnum etc

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You can't have fallback options.
You're either 100% confident that your expansion choice will work and be prepared to be patient and invest or you don't expand.

Hopefully png isn't a crumbling cookie.

MugaB

Coach
Fallback option for PNG if they do a Vipers

Is Brisbane 3
I can tell you now there is no such thing as a fallback option..... gold coast titans is living proof of that, along with manly and cronulla still being present, no one is going anywhere.

there's the dumbarse codes like ARU who folded the rebels recently and force pre covid etc and ALeague who created clubs in Townsville, Gold Coast wherever just to watch them implode after a few seasons, unlike those codes NRL will prop up and keep their clubs relevant for the long run, they've done it for multiple clubs over the past 20 years, they'll never turn their back on any of thier brands, not now, not ever

Latest posts