What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Referee

MugaB

Coach
Anyone who compares the problems in PNG with Logan and the Central Coast is either delusional and ignorant or having a troll.

I'm yet to hear how this proposed NRL team will lead to children from isolated villages attending school and playing in organised rugby league competitions?

The problem is most Papuans live in remote villages without access to basic amenities like electricity, running water, roads, transportation, healthcare and education. Throwing $29m a year at an NRL team that's based in Port Moresby so it can attract plodders from Australia isn't going to rectify the problems facing the bulk of the country. It'll help a few plodders earn more money than they can in Australia, but that's all it will do. The fact these players won't be paying tax means the local people won't benefit from the NRL team. However, if every player in their squad was a Papuan citizen then it might help lift a few families out of poverty.
KLINK LOGAN.png

Hypocrisy huh, I know plenty of people who live in Marsden, Kingston and Logan, and I don't give you shits about immigrants, i am one dopey, so another made up lie, you come to these conclusions about that all yourself, always creating made up fantasy of BS to suit your narrative, of everyone is against me and my wish for a local NRL team, well there's been one playing in Milton since 1988, there's 2 now.. go see one, and stop projecting your hate onto everyone else

If everyone in the greater Brisbane area is supposed to support the Broncos, then why do you believe North Sydney Bears need to be brought back for people on the North Shore?

Why aren't you telling RL fans from thr North Shore to support the Sea Eagles?

There's less distance between North Shore and Brookvale Oval than there is between Rochedale South in northern Logan and Lang Park!

So why are you pushing for a return of the Bears?

Don't give me the bullshit excuse about that being "different" because Bears fans hate Manly. You know there are people throughout the greater Brisbane area that hate the Broncos, yet here you are telling them to put their feelings aside and support the club. Brisbane RL fans who hated the Broncos had no one else to support between 1988-95 and 1998-2023. If people from Brisbane who hate the Broncos are supposed to put their feelings aside and support the only club between 88-95 and 98-23 then the entitled old whingers from the North Shore can do the same, yeah?

Or do NSWRL fans get to break the strict rules they set for everyone else?

I'll take you seriously when you take off your sky blue-tinted glasses and accept that RL fans from outside of Sydney shouldn't be treated differently to those from Sydney. Whenever I've spoken about the double standards that exist you've gone off like a lunatic on methamphetamine who hasn't had a fix because you want the status quo to remain as it is. I'll never trust youbecause you're just a whinging lunatic with an entitlement complex.

Vlad59

Bench
If everyone in the greater Brisbane area is supposed to support the Broncos, then why do you believe North Sydney Bears need to be brought back for people on the North Shore?

There's less distance between North Shore and Brookvale Oval than there is between Rochedale South in northern Logan and Lang Park!

Don't give me the bullshit excuse about that being "different" because Bears fans hate Manly. You know there are people throughout the greater Brisbane area that hate the Broncos, yet here you are telling them to put their feelings aside and support the club. Brisbane RL fans who hated the Broncos had no one else to support between 1988-95 and 1998-2023. If people from Brisbane who hate the Broncos are supposed to put their feelings aside and support the only club between 88-95 and 98-23 then the entitled old whingers from the North Shore can do the same, yeah?

I'll take you seriously when you take off your sky blue-tinted glasses and accept that RL fans from outside of Sydney shouldn't be treated differently to those from Sydney. Whenever I've spoken about the double standards that exist you've gone off like a lunatic on methamphetamine who hasn't had a fix because you want the status quo to remain as it is. I'll never trust youbecause you're just a whinging lunatic with an entitlement complex.
Kennebec

MugaB

Coach

Northern Logan??

videotogif_2022.12.24_01.08.50.gif
But we all want a southern Brisbane team

Hypocrisy huh, I know plenty of people who live in Marsden, Kingston and Logan

Marsden and Kingston are suburbs in Logan.

Knowing people from Marsden and Kingston doesn't change the fact you're always ridiculing Logan because it has a fair few suburbs with low socio-economic households. It wouldn't surprise me if you're against the city because it has a large Bosnian population in Woodridge.

Your posts are classist in nature and aimed at "punching down" on people you perceive as inferior to you. I find this ironic because you have the spelling and grammar of a high school drop out who has spent the bulk of their life on methamphetamine. The reason I give you shit about your poor spelling and grammar is to remind you that you've got your own problems to deal with, so try being a bit more humble.

and I don't give you shits about immigrants, i am one dopey, so another made up lie

Croatia's history over the last century is littered with acts of genocide and hate crimes against Serbs, Bosnians, Romans and anyone who doesn't fit into their definition of "normal".

In WWII the Croats massacred large numbers of Serbs because they wanted a Croatian ethno-state to secede from Yugoslavia. They did something similar in the 1990s against the Serbs and Bosnians.

Look at how intolerant and violent the Croatian Australian soccer community is towards "outsiders" to see my point. Very few Croatians bother to embrace local sports like rugby league. All they care about is soccer.

you come to these conclusions about that all yourself, always creating made up fantasy of BS to suit your narrative, of everyone is against me and my wish for a local NRL team, well there's been one playing in Milton since 1988, there's 2 now.. go see one, and stop projecting your hate onto everyone else

I've seen your class-based comments about Logan. You've wished violence against me in the past because I criticised the Sydney-centric nature of the NRL. I don't see any difference between you and the ultra-nationalist Croatian Australian soccer fans who celebrate genocide.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Maybe @Centy Coast should tell us which norths players he thinks could make it in first grade
There are plenty who could make it, they just need that opportunity.
I saw a kid make his debut yesterday in the NRL that I have known since U6’s, he would’ve been one of the last kids I would’ve expected to make NRL.
I’m currently reevaluating my thoughts on the NRL, yes it is about talent but it is also about opportunity, staying injury free, who you know and who you could be related to.
I’ve seen the Roosters put young players up here on the Central Coast on contracts and some I’ve thought are you serious ?.
This one kid looked the goods, tall, got on the juice early, bulked up, was a state sprinter, made rep teams without trying out because of his contract, he was terrible though, when we played his club side we would always target him, he couldn’t take bombs and he couldn’t tackle.
Two years later when his contract was up the Roosters didn’t renew it.

Last edited:

Latest posts