What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

MugaB

Coach
Some people cannot afford a meal at Macca's.

What makes you think an Aussie tax payer who cannot find an affordable house to live in will be happy to see their taxes go towards 15 NRL clubs in Australia, one in New Zealand and one in PNG?

Try to be objective for once. If you cannot see how it will turn people against the NRL then you're away with the fairies. It's a public relations nightmare for the game. Not everyone is a fanatic who is desperate for the NRL to get more funding from the tax payer than AwFuL.
Who's desperate? public relations hahahaha, your living in a social media bubble pal, if no one gave two shits about all the leg ups AFL got in the past, why are they gonna care about the leg ups NRL get, either way they are all happening regardless of your whinge

Wb1234

Referee
Hahah for Hobart, all you idiots voting for labour last election, should be ashamed of yourselves
Guilty

but partly because a png nrl team is a labor party policy

I didn’t mind socmo as sharks fan
Some people cannot afford a meal at Macca's.

What makes you think an Aussie tax payer who cannot find an affordable house to live in will be happy to see their taxes go towards 15 NRL clubs in Australia, one in New Zealand and one in PNG?

Try to be objective for once. If you cannot see how it will turn people against the NRL then you're away with the fairies. It's a public relations nightmare for the game. Not everyone is a fanatic who is desperate for the NRL to get more funding from the tax payer than AwFuL.
have you seen cities like san fanscico Detroit or la

and they have thrown 100 BILLION plus on Ukraine

total oz govt spending at the federal level in 2024 is projected at 734 billion

png is getting 60 million pa. It’s 0.008 percent lmao

Where the F**k did I say I needed a lecture on submarines, or that we never needed any? I'm all for it, get as many as the states for all I care,

...your problem is that you think they won't spend more of our tax money on more OTHER things aswell, they will, and they'll keep doing it, regardless of your insignificant one vote...
Do you bother to read what's on the screen?

You asked what has been weakened in the military.

I answered your question.

The project to build twelve diesel-electric submarines by the 2030s was scrapped. Now we're getting eight nuclear submarines that won't be operational until the 2040s. We're getting less submarines a decade later than originally planned. The current six in operation were built between 1990 and 2003. Some of them will be half a century old and obsolete by the time they're decommissioned. That's if the government sticks to its plan and builds the nuclear submarines on time.

If Australia is so scared of China invading its shores then the last thing it should be doing is delaying the construction of submarines to replace its 30 year old fleet.

China doesn't NEED to invade anywhere.

They've perfected a combination of hard-edged diplomacy & building economic dependencies, so that they can get what they want by throwing a few levers.
Which is why the PNG team is a waste of an NRL licence.

Who's desperate? public relations hahahaha, your living in a social media bubble pal, if no one gave two shits about all the leg ups AFL got in the past, why are they gonna care about the leg ups NRL get, either way they are all happening regardless of your whinge
In what universe does no one in Australia care about the money AwFuL gets from the tax payer?

The stadium thread on LU is full of people complaining about it.

Thousands of Tasmanians cared enough to protest against it in public:

Thousands of people opposed to an AFL stadium being built at Macquarie Point on Hobart's waterfront have turned out at a rally at parliament lawns

How can you say thousands of people from a rusted on fumbleball state protesting against a fumbleball stadium equates to "no one gave two shits about all the leg ups AFL got in the past"?

This is proof that you are full of shit and live in a fantasy world.

Guilty

but partly because a png nrl team is a labor party policy

I didn’t mind socmo as sharks fan

have you seen cities like san fanscico Detroit or la

and they have thrown 100 BILLION plus on Ukraine

total oz govt spending at the federal level in 2024 is projected at 734 billion

png is getting 60 million pa. It’s 0.008 percent lmao
Flippant comments like this won't make people who are feeling the pinch accept Albo's proposal.

Do you think mockery is going to make them agree with you?

They'll tell you to "get f**ked".

Steel Saints

Juniors
Issue is with Perth and png entering the nrl a year apart is they are going to be fighting over linited nrl players

png has the advantage of lesser travels times on average and also no tax on salaries

ideally the two clubs entries would be more staggered than being one year apart
Ideally the timeline for expansion should be something like:

Perth Bears 2027 (18)
PNG 2030 (19)
Bris 3 / NZ 2 2033 (20)

If PNG does come in, 2028 is too early for them.

Latest posts