What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s weird Albo is pushing it for cairns now

He was previously quoted as wanting the team to be png based

it won’t be cairns based after the cowboys had a big sook

pvl is a consensus builder and his biggest constituency is the clubs
but you told us it would be? In a new stadium?

Iamback

Coach
Ive already slotted in the Women’s Origin the previous Friday and the NRLW hasn’t started yet ..

Besides… we gunna have 10:games most weeks in the NRL so need to play Thursdays …

Wouldnt it just be easier to play the game Sunday night instead ?

A bigger NRLW will need to start earlier. Particularly if they wish to add a Magic Round to their comp.

Something like that is perfect to give content and have an NRL week off.

Both States complained about the short preparation. Especially if you have guys playing in Auckland or Townsville on the Sunday before.

Steel Saints

Juniors
Play every team once is 19 games
Having 4 x 5 team pools and play those teams a 2nd time is 23 rounds - whether you split rounds to stretch out weeks is the question from that.

So it works,

If you believe Gus and as a ch9 employee is likely to know. 60% of TV revenue comes from the Origin period. Sunday night didn't work for TV and if you want extra to fund the extra teams you need Origin to continue its earning potential.

That is where it becomes hard to keep everyone happy

I think Gus said 40 or 60% of tv revenue comes from Origin and finals series. He apparently got that info from former Nine CEO Dave Gyngell.

At the end of the day, the NRL has to perform a balancing act of taking care of player welfare, look after broadcasters and for the integrity of the comp to be maintained.

Additionally, the women's game is growing at a very good rate. And who is to say that 20 teams isn't the end game. You could expand to 22, by including Adelaide.

One thing is for certain, the code shouldn't be sitting still in the future.

Vlad59

Bench
A bigger NRLW will need to start earlier. Particularly if they wish to add a Magic Round to their comp.

Something like that is perfect to give content and have an NRL week off.

Both States complained about the short preparation. Especially if you have guys playing in Auckland or Townsville on the Sunday before.
That’s better. Less misogyny

Wb1234

Referee
I think Gus said 40 or 60% of tv revenue comes from Origin and finals series. He apparently got that info from former Nine CEO Dave Gyngell.

At the end of the day, the NRL has to perform a balancing act of taking care of player welfare, look after broadcasters and for the integrity of the comp to be maintained.

Additionally, the women's game is growing at a very good rate. And who is to say that 20 teams isn't the end game. You could expand to 22, by including Adelaide.

One thing is for certain, the code shouldn't be sitting still in the future.
That figure would only apply to nine

foxsports don’t get origin and the grand final and still pay 80 percent of the tv deal

Steel Saints

Juniors
That figure would only apply to nine

foxsports don’t get origin and the grand final and still pay 80 percent of the tv deal
I was kinda referring to Nine when I mentioned one of their past CEO's and of course Gus is an employee of that network.

I know people don't like it when Origin and GF is exclusively to Nine. If it was simulcasting on Kayo, Nine wouldn't pay much for the rights. Sounds like I'm in the wrong thread.

Perth Red

Post Whore
PNG!

it’s happening!
well you got one of your 7 predictions right so far, maybe lol.
Based in Cairns - not likely
new stadium in cairns - nope
new stadium in PNG - no sign of
Entering as club 18 - doesnt look like it
Entering in 2026 - nope
Perth wont get a team - nope

good work!

Iamback

Coach
Yeah just chuck the women there. That’ll keep em out of the way from the real stuff hey?

Another wanker response what a shock.

What is better for NRLW 7.45pm Thursday ( As they have this week)

Or 11am Sat which is next weeks 1st game timeslot?

come alco surely even you can understand which is better?

Wb1234

Referee
I was kinda referring to Nine when I mentioned one of their past CEO's and of course Gus is an employee of that network.

I know people don't like it when Origin and GF is exclusively to Nine. If it was simulcasting on Kayo, Nine wouldn't pay much for the rights. Sounds like I'm in the wrong thread.
There’s subs on this thread

lol
well you got one of your 7 predictions right so far, maybe lol.
Based in Cairns - not likely
new stadium in cairns - nope
new stadium in PNG - no sign of
Entering as club 18 - doesnt look like it
Entering in 2026 - nope
Perth wont get a team - nope

good work!
you had three potential options for the Perth team with two picks

and still didn’t get the right one

and that’s the bid you are supposed to have a clue about

imagine you had listened to me 2 years ago about png

would’ve saved yourself 5k posts arguing against it