What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
why does the AFL media get on their knees for them and still pay top,dollar for the privledge? Doesn’t make a lot of business sense….
its a good question, maybe its a cultural thing between cities/codes? or just we have been way to weak and let them get away with it?
Bleeds leads in journo land so if you give them free reign they are always going to lean to the side of negativity and dirt.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So png shouldn’t have a professional rugby league team because it’s poor

right
it shouldn't be flying journos around in private jets to write fluff pieces instead of spending that money on sorting out basic life necessities, no.
But hey we all have different priorities in life, personally when it comes to govt spending mine leans to public welfare not professional sport.

Wb1234

Referee
its a good question, maybe its a cultural thing between cities/codes? or just we have been way to weak and let them get away with it?
Bleeds leads in journo land so if you give them free rein they are always going to lean to the side of negativity and dirt.
And yet when they write positive rugby league stories about png you complain
lol

Wb1234

Referee
it shouldn't be flying journos around in private jets to write fluff pieces instead of spending that money on sorting out basic life necessities, no.
But hey we all have different priorities in life, personally when it comes to govt spending mine leans to public welfare not professional sport.
This is a rugby league forum

if a govt wants to promote rugby league that’s considered a good thing by most normal rugby league fans

not you obviously

BuffaloRules

Coach

Ive suspected it’s some cult like mentality their game seems to engender in those parts where everyone turns into a zealot to get the best result possible …mainly for the purposes to convert the rest of us heathens …

Perth Red

Post Whore
This is a rugby league forum

if a govt wants to promote rugby league that’s considered a good thing by most normal rugby league fans

not you obviously
like I said we all have different priorities.
in a third world country with massive health, education, employment and crime problems flying aussie journos around on a private jet to write fluff pieces about how safe it is for millionaire sportsmen seems somewhat, ermmm gratuitous

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ive suspected it’s some cult like mentality their game seems to engender in those parts where everyone turns into a zealot to get the best result possible …mainly for the purposes to convert the rest of us heathens …
there is a deeper respect and adoration of AFL in afl cities than Ive seen for NRL in NRL cities, thats for sure. It also seems to permeate a bigger % of the popaultion and across more diverse demographics. Maybe writing negative stories just is less acceptable to the population in afl land than nrl land?
or maybe they have been bribing them longer lol

Wb1234

Referee
there is a deeper respect and adoration of AFL in afl cities than Ive seen for NRL in NRL cities, thats for sure. It also seems to permeate a bigger % of the popaultion and across more diverse demographics. Maybe writing negative stories just is less acceptable to the population in afl land than nrl land?
or maybe they have been bribing them longer lol
lol png has a deep respect and adoration for rugby league and it means nothing to you

heck pngs population is bigger than the combined fan base of your beloved afl

Perth Red

Post Whore
lol png has a deep respect and adoration for rugby league and it means nothing to you

heck pngs population is bigger than the combined fan base of your beloved afl
its also a third world country incapable of hosting an nrl club without massive australian tax payer funding.
Im not against PNG, I just think its a batsht crazy idea lol.
I really hope it works and that either the australian tax payer or NRL keep funding it forever more. But like most we can see the massive problems the concept has got for sustainability, competitiveness, value to nrl, corruption, and just the logistics.
And thats before we get into the moral question of if this is the best thing for the people of PNG or if the money could deliver much better outcomes for them if not being given to professional sportsmen.

Wb1234

Referee
its also a third world country incapable of hosting an nrl club without massive australian tax payer funding.
Im not against PNG, I just think its a batsht crazy idea lol.
I really hope it works and that either the australian tax payer or NRL keep funding it forever more. But like most we can see the massive problems the concept has got for sustainability, competitiveness, value to nrl, corruption, and just the logistics.
And thats before we get into the moral question of if this is the best thing for the people of PNG or if the money could deliver much better outcomes for them if not being given to professional sportsmen.
A png nrl team will one day rival the broncos

They love the game

unlike in Perth where we have to shove it down their throats and hope it sticks

You think the the second is a better idea than the first

Perth Red

Post Whore
A png nrl team will one day rival the broncos

They love the game

unlike in Perth where we have to shove it down their throats and hope it sticks

You think the the second is a better idea than the first
one day? 2100?

nearly everyone thinks the second is a better idea than the first, including the NRL it would seem. In fact apart from you and MugaB I dont think anyone thinks PNG is a 'great' idea. Oh and the journo on the private jet lol

Wb1234

Referee
one day? 2100?

nearly everyone thinks the second is a better idea than the first, including the NRL it would seem. In fact apart from you and MugaB I dont think anyone thinks PNG is a 'great' idea. Oh and the journo on the private jet lol
Giving nrl clubs to the places that want the game ?

seems pretty smart to me

why aren’t you complaining that the wa govt is wasting money on a Perth nrl team that can go to homeless in the state

without wa govt involvement Perth doesn’t get a team

heck Perth can’t even raise the 30 million lincese fee required for a team

Latest posts