What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Brutal not recognising Brisbane as a market.

I also reckon there's a 50/50 that Canberra gets the 20th AFL team, so it might be more like 8 v 7 out of the top 9 markets.
Yeah missed my own city, what a knock on from the kick-off after scoring a try that was.

Probably right, but NRL with the greater footprint still flies in the face of fumbleball propoganda

LimeRick

Juniors
Yeah missed my own city, what a knock on from the kick-off after scoring a try that was.

Probably right, but NRL with the greater footprint still flies in the face of fumbleball propoganda

It's all subjective. An AFL fan is going to argue about Australia, not Australasia, so nationally, it's more even.

It's like an NFL fan arguing against the NHL that those seven Canadian franchises aren't as important.

There's a lot of nuance that gets missed. At the end of the day, both leagues are doing well in their respective markets.

final say

Juniors
Quote from Thursday and is now fully behind the Western Bears. What a joke.

Too bad for the non-disclosure clause.
Everyone here is being led a stray by the media again... they haven't disclosed anything because up until yesterday weren't a bid, they have only now formed an entity and have a less than a week to submit a bid.... then and only then will they be subject to the NDA . Given there's 10 other bids that are completely silent... means they're actual bids already and subject to an NDA.
so the " Western Bears " are going to be dead last in submitting a bid and apparently the front runners..
The effectiveness of clickbait on this crowd is epic !

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Everyone here is being led a stray by the media again... they haven't disclosed anything because up until yesterday weren't a bid, they have only now formed an entity and have a less than a week to submit a bid.... then and only then will they be subject to the NDA . Given there's 10 other bids that are completely silent... means they're actual bids already and subject to an NDA.
so the " Western Bears " are going to be dead last in submitting a bid and apparently the front runners..

If you actually believe that timeline of events. I feel sorry for you

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
It's all subjective. An AFL fan is going to argue about Australia, not Australasia, so nationally, it's more even.

It's like an NFL fan arguing against the NHL that those seven Canadian franchises aren't as important.

There's a lot of nuance that gets missed. At the end of the day, both leagues are doing well in their respective markets.
I mean, New Zealand is part of the NRL comp and you can bet your bottom dollar the AFL would kill for the fanbase we have in NZ.

final say

Juniors
I mean, New Zealand is part of the NRL comp and you can bet your bottom dollar the AFL would kill for the fanbase we have in NZ.
Poor old Rugby league only has professional teams in 4 different nations ,dreams of the day we get a team in Perth lol
Another team in the NZ south Island gives the NRL a solid national presence in 2 nations and the majority of support of any code in the Pacific...
AFL = nation wide
NRL = nations wide

final say

Juniors
If you actually believe that timeline of events. I feel sorry for you
I feel sorry for most of the posters on here who don't seem to understand the very obvious dynamics of the events that are unfolding.

Until yesterday..Perth and the Bears hadn't reached an agreement on a partnership but incredibly were a bid? And the front runners...
It blows my mind that people can't put that together.

Vlad59

Bench
I feel sorry for most of the posters on here who don't seem to understand the very obvious dynamics of the events that are unfolding.

Until yesterday..Perth and the Bears hadn't reached an agreement on a partnership but incredibly were a bid? And the front runners...
It blows my mind that people can't put that together.
Wow! How mind blowing! You are so smart you can’t even remember where you were born!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Haha that’s some delusional sht right there. Keep them tears flowing.

final say

Juniors
Haha that’s some delusional sht right there. Keep them tears flowing.
Ok buddy, over the course of the next few weeks and months watch for 3 things ( my delusion):
1: full denial of any one team being a front runner by the NRL
2: A disclosure of what bids have been received and more speculation about " front runners " lol
3: Perth Red denying ever thinking the Bears were certain for team 18.

Vlad59

Bench
They’re called the Tasmanian devils. The population of Tasmania is 575k.
I’d suggest it’s a Hobart side which is of interest to the north and north west. I’m not sure you understand just how parochial it is down here. The level of anger directed at the stadium down here from the north and north west is very obvious

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ok buddy, over the course of the next few weeks and months watch for 3 things ( my delusion):
1: full denial of any one team being a front runner by the NRL
2: A disclosure of what bids have been received and more speculation about " front runners " lol
3: Perth Red denying ever thinking the Bears were certain for team 18.
You’re just speculating. Of course I dont believe the media that perth are shoe ins for club 18. I do believe they have a very strong bid from what we have heard. A few weeks ago png were the shoe in for club 18. I have zero doubt perth will be one of the next three expansion clubs.
if I was a betting man my money would be on perth and png announced as club 18 and 19. Club 20 is anyone’s guess.

final say

Juniors
You’re just speculating. Of course I dont believe the media that perth are shoe ins for club 18. I do believe they have a very strong bid from what we have heard. A few weeks ago png were the shoe in for club 18. I have zero doubt perth will be one of the next three expansion clubs.
if I was a betting man my money would be on perth and png announced as club 18 and 19. Club 20 is anyone’s guess.
Already a walk back lol...