What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Centy Coast

Juniors
Poor old Rugby league only has professional teams in 4 different nations ,dreams of the day we get a team in Perth lol
Another team in the NZ south Island gives the NRL a solid national presence in 2 nations and the majority of support of any code in the Pacific...
AFL = nation wide
NRL = nations wide
Go watch rugby yawnion then, a sport that is dying especially in Australia, played internationally lol, yet the Wallabies who are absolute rubbish can still manage to beat the all conquering All Blacks, is that depth or just poor quality ?.
Off to the Yawnion forum with you.

Centy Coast

Juniors
I feel sorry for most of the posters on here who don't seem to understand the very obvious dynamics of the events that are unfolding.

Until yesterday..Perth and the Bears hadn't reached an agreement on a partnership but incredibly were a bid? And the front runners...
It blows my mind that people can't put that together.
The Western Bears are the only bid besides PNG getting any airtime, there are no other bids being lodged.

i0Nic

Juniors
Western is a dumb name which nobody will ever use so they will just be called the bears

should’ve been west coast or Perth
While Western sounds a bit dumb it’s still probably the best choice because West Coast is taken by the AFL team and Perth means areas surrounding are excluded.

Seems following ‘the’ dolphins the NRL really want to maximise the reach and appeal of these teams.

Hence we can expect South Island instead of Christchurch and PNG instead of Port Moresby.

final say

Juniors
Go watch rugby yawnion then, a sport that is dying especially in Australia, played internationally lol, yet the Wallabies who are absolute rubbish can still manage to beat the all conquering All Blacks, is that depth or just poor quality ?.
Off to the Yawnion forum with you.
Mate, I'm League. That post was a jab at AFL. f**k Union.

Vlad59

Bench
Western is a dumb name which nobody will ever use so they will just be called the bears

should’ve been west coast or Perth
Be honest for once. You want them to be called the North Sydney bears and play out of that hovel north Sydney oval. You are ultra intolerant of the wa team and always have been. Literally hundred of posts by you prove it. Sydney centric much?

final say

Juniors
Be honest for once. You want them to be called the North Sydney bears and play out of that hovel north Sydney oval. You are ultra intolerant of the wa team and always have been. Literally hundred of posts by you prove it. Sydney centric much?
He's been an advocate for PNG the entire time and supports NZ 2 . Yep, Sydney centric lmao

Vlad59

Bench
He's been an advocate for PNG the entire time and supports NZ 2 . Yep, Sydney centric lmao
He’s completely anti Perth and has a long record of death riding Melbourne. Has no faith in the game outside traditional markets and typical of the Sydney centric twats I’ve encountered for decades. Mind you, unlike you, he doesnt lie about his place of birth.

final say

Juniors
Homophobic wanker
Nah, I've got no issues with gay people . Some are great people, like all demographics there's good and bad. But gay people tend to gravitate towards things gay people like...like AFL. Gay people love AFL. Nothing against gay people or AFL . It's simply an observation.
Bum sex, gays like bum sex ... pointing that out doesn't mean I'm a " homophobe" that’s just reality.

Vlad59

Bench
Nah, I've got no issues with gay people . Some are great people, like all demographics there's good and bad. But gay people tend to gravitate towards things gay people like...like AFL. Gay people love AFL. Nothing against gay people or AFL . It's simply an observation.
Bum sex, gays like bum sex ... pointing that out doesn't mean I'm a " homophobe" that’s just reality.
You are a sick little man.

flippikat

Bench
75% of NZers are non Polynesian, but there is next to no interest in AFL in NZ
The stigma of AFL being an "aussie game" is a huge hill for it to climb, if it wants to crack the NZ market.

I guess it could try to sell itself as being a bit less "impact focused" than the rugby codes, kinda like somewhere between soccer & the rugby codes... and that might appeal to some parents keen to get their kids into a sport where they're not facing hit-up after hit-up.