What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Maximus

Coach
It's not the lies, it's the pedantic nature of your arguments, why not bag him for something worthy of bagging, instead of a 3% skew on a percentage, next you'll try to attack folks for bad grammar on a footy forum.

Shout out to donks for that one

I already bag him for acting like he's an insider and predicted everything that has ever happened.

But in that post I wasn't actually bagging him, that was more directed at Iamback for trying to defend the blatant lie.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Could be the wackiest expansion plan ever devised!

one club a 100 year old sydney club moved 3000kms away
one in a third world country for no other reason than the Govt seeing reds under the bed
and one co-owned by NSW and Qlnd entities with a split personality for no good reason other than they happen to share the same moniker

welcome to rugba league!
It is unusual, I'll give you that. But I think RL has to do things its own way and not just copy other sports and leagues.

There are some aspects I disagree with and some I flat out dislike but I must admit, Bears, Dolphins and Jets (Ipswich and Newtown) coming into the NRL are really feel good stories and shows the game is in contact with its roots (Bears, Dolphins, Jets) but with an eye on the future (Perth, PNG, NZ).

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
If maximizing the expansion fee is the primary thing that clubs are fishing for, that could sway that final spot in this expansion phase towards Brisbane 3 & away from NZ 2.

After all, Brisbane 3 (whichever bid) are probably more likely to raise more "up front cash" than an NZ 2 bid. I wonder how much it would take to placate the existing SE-Qld NRL clubs?
I think mate one thing NZ2 has going for it that the Aussie teams don't is a potential increase in Sky NZ money.

All expansion teams (including any potential NZ team) will help the NRL get an Aussie TV deal boost because of the extra content. But it's only NZ2 alongaide the Warriors that will drive an increase from NZTV.

A factor that the NRL will no doubt be keenly aware of and may offset any 'licence fee' discrepancy between The Jets and NZ2, if indeed there is any discrepancy at all.

Latest posts