What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

BuffaloRules

Coach
No they can't be but they have already started. With 3-4 years before they come in that is a big headstart.

Compare that to when WA Reds and Storm came in

So maybe 10 years then? Which is what I’m saying is the earliest to expect anything meaningful … you gotta start somewhere though

Wb1234

Immortal

BuffaloRules

Coach
Around ten in super league and championship

Hull kr also have a partnership with their juniors

Perth has never produced many nrl players and is in a state dominated by afl. So waste of money investing in their juniors too ?

who cares about those lower leagues ..lol …it they were any good they would be playing in the NRL … that’s what their countrymen worship

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Iamback

Coach
So maybe 10 years then? Which is what I’m saying is the earliest to expect anything meaningful … you gotta start somewhere though

If we count 10 years from when they started the program last year. They will be in the comp 5 years before they get meaningful guys

Although outside backs are easier to develop so no reason why some currently in the developing stage can't be in the squad.

Even if it is 1 that is ready for 2028 it is 1 less they need to find elsewhere. Getting spine players will be the challenge but anything these new areas can add to the player pool is a bonus

Wb1234

Immortal
who cares about those lower leagues ..lol …it they were any good they would be playing in the NRL … that’s what their countrymen worship
They made the prelim final of the qld cup

You know the same system that the redcliffe dolphins played in before getting promoted lol
Answer this question for me… How many born and raised PNG players are currently playing in the NRL?

The same number that were from Cronulla or Penrith before they had a team

Silly question

BuffaloRules

Coach
If we count 10 years from when they started the program last year. They will be in the comp 5 years before they get meaningful guys

Although outside backs are easier to develop so no reason why some currently in the developing stage can't be in the squad.

Even if it is 1 that is ready for 2028 it is 1 less they need to find elsewhere. Getting spine players will be the challenge but anything these new areas can add to the player pool is a bonus

We’ll see hey… I can’t see the future and neither can you … I suspect meaningful numbers in 5 years is a pipe dream …. 10 …maybe

BuffaloRules

Coach
People like you are what makes this forum hilarious

The junior game in png is booming now with an nrl team to feed into in 2028

But sure keep trolling its amusing

Trolling ..lol …

Having a reasonable expectation of the length of time that it might take to set up meaningful pathways to produce NRL players is not trolling …not saying it won’t happen but to expect it happening in less than 10 years is a pipedream