What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Maximus

Coach
Dolphins had $100m in the bank when they produced all their paperwork.

Brisbane Easts have huge amounts and missed out

PNG have the govt cash.

It seems to come in you need a load of assets or Govt support to ensure you are stable.

I have said many times overall, I see expansion in this country as being poor. So many teams have gone under in many sports.

So I have no problem with the bar being high

How does paying $20m to the other teams help stop a bid from going under? Wouldn't that $20m have been better used by the team?

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Yeh, who'd have thought when the question was ' do you want to pay something for nothing' and the answer of 'no thanks' would cause so much upset!
Having written the Dolphins bid Freshwater probably said ' well it wasnt needed last time'.
Here's an idea NRL, if somethings a criteria of the tender make it mandatory in the submission, radical I know!
Love arguments based on the words “probably” and the other one I like is “guess”.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Well maybe if you got in his ear and told him how things actually worked, he wouldn't have fkd up, I've told you plenty of times here, for several years, and counting, it's all about sureing up the club ceos votes, you get that, then you'll get the licence, then you can go and start doing all the other crap that needs to be paid for, he did it all ass backwards, started conjuring up money for the running of said club, and had fk all left to acquire a licence, one he obviously was told he never needed to pay for a licence, absolutely terrible advice, whoever told him that should be taken out back and shot
Also it's been reported that Cummins has zero relationship with Vlandy's, not even a coffee or chat. If true what did he expect? He's not handled the politics of this well at all

Latest posts