What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th team still possible this tv deal

Colk

First Grade
Enjoy your Bicycle trip "North" to Perth -You may have to take a portable loo with you i suggest as not many toilets on the Nullarbor Plain - you will be full of it as you say if you don't take one

What are you essentially arguing about? If you look up the latitude coordinates of both Perth and Newcastle, it is inarguable that Perth is north of Newcastle (Perth is 31.9523 S & Newcastle is 32.9283 S)

What are you essentially arguing about? If you look up the latitude coordinates of both Perth and Newcastle, it is inarguable that Perth is north of Newcastle (Perth is 31.9523 S & Newcastle is 32.9283 S)
Yeh and if your Uncle was a Woman they would be your Aunt

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Yes geography is not a strong suit for MS...
He seems to want to place perth in a hypothetical 4 conference system that ropes them in with the most "western teams" (penrith, pawa, dogs etc) doesn't realise that Melbourne, Canberra and Townsville would be more western than any of those sydney teams..
In fact currently Melbourne is the most western club in the NRL right now, then laughs when we say perth is more north in latitude than all of sydney and Newcastle...
End result Toff school dont teach geography

MugaB

Coach
Yeh and if your Uncle was a Women they would be your Aunt
So if your uncle was a plural of females they would be your aunt? Obviously money spend at toff school doesn't buy any education...

18th team based in NZ will most probably be based in Auckland, the more i think of it, purely based on population comparison to the rest of the other areas in and around new zealand, making Auckland a solidified rugba lig town, ala brisbane, although if PVL and co. wanted to go head to head with RU Christchurch would be they way to go... but not sure the population there would be enough especially since RU being top dog there, and i suppose Wellington being somewhat neutral in that regards could too, but chances are Auckland 2 are the favorites

MugaB

Coach
Thanks for your erudite response. It seems we are in a post-truth world.
Yeah same moron disagreed with me on Auckland/NZ being near the same latitude as Melbourne.... till i posted a similar map
Auckland itself basically lines up with cape howe, basically the Victorian border..
....There's some really enept schools in the eastern suburbs

So if your uncle was a plural of females they would be your aunt? Obviously money spend at toff school doesn't buy any education...

18th team based in NZ will most probably be based in Auckland, the more i think of it, purely based on population comparison to the rest of the other areas in and around new zealand, making Auckland a solidified rugba lig town, ala brisbane, although if PVL and co. wanted to go head to head with RU Christchurch would be they way to go... but not sure the population there would be enough especially since RU being top dog there
It's spent not spend plus a number of grammatical errors in your sentences i.e there is a comma after Obviously , it's The 18th Team and the non use of Capitals for Country and City names etc- mmm so much for the current education system- the 3 R's being ignored.

2/10

Yeah same moron disagreed with me on Auckland/NZ being near the same latitude as Melbourne.... till i posted a similar map
Auckland itself basically lines up with cape howe, basically the Victorian border..
....There's some really enept schools in the eastern suburbs
mmm Keyboard Warriors are a dime a dozen. They are usually the type who were "picked" on at School or in other Social Settings.

They feel they have no control over their own lives and seek to control others via their belittling behaviour.

Last edited:
Thanks for your erudite response. It seems we are in a post-truth world.
Thanks for the Compliment - Being erudite means having or showing great knowledge or learning. Put this down to our Eastern Suburbs Schools and Universities.

Last edited:
Yes geography is not a strong suit for MS...
He seems to want to place perth in a hypothetical 4 conference system that ropes them in with the most "western teams" (penrith, pawa, dogs etc) doesn't realise that Melbourne, Canberra and Townsville would be more western than any of those sydney teams..
In fact currently Melbourne is the most western club in the NRL right now, then laughs when we say perth is more north in latitude than all of sydney and Newcastle...
End result Toff school dont teach geography

They certainly do

Colk

First Grade
Thanks for the Compliment - Being erudite means having or showing great knowledge or learning. Put this down to our Eastern Suburbs Schools and Universities.

I’m really glad you looked the word up.

Were denial of facts also taught? Usually when somebody is wrong, one admits as much, rather than continually arguing against the stated or established fact.

It’s not an opinion that Perth is north of Newcastle- it’s a fact based on measurements of latitude.

Also, I’m not sure why you are capitalising words such as compliment or social settings.

Anyway weren’t we talking about the 18th team? I would like both NZ 2 and Perth to be admitted but I doubt that’ll happen.

MugaB

Coach

Were denial of facts also taught? Usually when somebody is wrong, one admits as much, rather than continually arguing against the stated or established fact.

It’s not an opinion that Perth is north of Newcastle- it’s a fact based on measurements of latitude.

Also, I’m not sure why you are capitalising words such as compliment or social settings.

Anyway weren’t we talking about the 18th team? I would like both NZ 2 and Perth to be admitted but I doubt that’ll happen.
Personally i would love to see Perth involved in the league again, seems to be another 5-10 years away tho, only due to competitiveness of the current juniors, covid could have halted that somewhat but i feel there will be a push towards that after this next 18th team get greenlit, either that or a push into more qld content

Colk

First Grade
Personally i would love to see Perth involved in the league again, seems to be another 5-10 years away tho, only due to competitiveness of the current juniors, covid could have halted that somewhat but i feel there will be a push towards that after this next 18th team get greenlit, either that or a push into more qld content

Yeah I think NZ 2 is pretty odds on at this stage; unless something pretty drastically changes from here on in.

The more I think about it, there are big advantages, if they set it up properly (TV scheduling, greater access to talent etc)

The concern is the Warriors. It would enormous if they were able to obtain some sort of success prior to the second team coming in. That would help out the Warriors as well as drum up some interest in the rivalry.

I’m a big fan of Perth. There would be challenges in terms of recruitment but the amount of corporates over there, the population and the flexible scheduling options are big advantages. I don’t think the current administration have that thought process it seems but you never know.

The 20th team is the difficult one for me. I’m definitely not sold on Adelaide (it’s not a growing area anyway). Brisbane might be ready depending on how well the Dolphins and the Titans are travelling but I wouldn’t do it in the next five years say.

If the league is in some unbelievably good financial position, then they might go to the Pacific or some other really long term option.

MugaB

Coach
Yeah I think NZ 2 is pretty odds on at this stage; unless something pretty drastically changes from here on in.

The more I think about it, there are big advantages, if they set it up properly (TV scheduling, greater access to talent etc)

The concern is the Warriors. It would enormous if they were able to obtain some sort of success prior to the second team coming in. That would help out the Warriors as well as drum up some interest in the rivalry.

I’m a big fan of Perth. There would be challenges in terms of recruitment but the amount of corporates over there, the population and the flexible scheduling options are big advantages. I don’t think the current administration have that thought process it seems but you never know.

The 20th team is the difficult one for me. I’m definitely not sold on Adelaide (it’s not a growing area anyway). Brisbane might be ready depending on how well the Dolphins and the Titans are travelling but I wouldn’t do it in the next five years say.

If the league is in some unbelievably good financial position, then they might go to the Pacific or some other really long term option.
Im holding onto the 20th as a Perth
And 19th to get Cairns/Png Pride...
Nothin better than a lion mascot

Colk

First Grade
Im holding onto the 20th as a Perth
And 19th to get Cairns/Png Pride...
Nothin better than a lion mascot

A lion mascot would be pretty cool. It would be absolutely amazing to have a PNG side. I hope that it happens one day, not only for the competition but it would also mean that the country has turned a massive corner

I think you and MugB are the same person as your posts are very very similar in content

Like the Fonz I am never w....

As Horace Greeley said "Go West, Young Man" - To Perth

Maybe you're confused with the Newcastle's- WA's or NSW one

The Municipality of Newcastle was a local government area in the Wheatbelt region of Western Australia, about 85 kilometres (53 mi) north-east of Perth.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore

Financial Sustainability is a massive issue for nz2. Unless some serious big money backers get behind a bid the nrl is going to be taking a massive risk, and we know how risk averse they are. It’s all well and good sky Nz chipping in the $13mill cash for nrl to cover the grant but where is the other $15-17mill going to come from for a club to thrive? The Crusaders don’t earn that sort of revenue and they are the best club in the countries number 1 sport.
Crowds? Highly unlikely in a union city of 300k corporates? Does Christchurch or Wellington have big companies aligned with it To generate big sponsorship deals?

This is by far the biggest issue for nz2 and one that the nrl won’t want to take a gamble on. if they can get big money backers and if they can get sky nz to significantly up their tv deal again then your probably right, but those are two very very big ifs At this point in time.

they tick the boxes strongly for stadium, jnr development opportunity and rivallary potential .

Last edited:

Colk

First Grade
I think you and MugB are the same person as your posts are very very similar in content

Like the Fonz I am never w....

As Horace Greeley said "Go West, Young Man" - To Perth

Maybe your confused with the Newcastle's- WA's or NSW one

The Municipality of Newcastle was a local government area in the Wheatbelt region of Western Australia, about 85 kilometres (53 mi) north-east of Perth.

Ok, I’ve reached the end of this discussion. My time is too precious to be spent arguing with the ignorant or the contumely.

Also you’re instead of your in that case (that’s if you wish to have a go at other people’s grammar)

Feel free to talk about the main topic if you wish.

Colk

First Grade
Financial Sustainability is a massive issue for nz2. Unless some serious big money backers get behind a bid the nrl is going to be taking a massive risk, and we know how risk averse they are. It’s all well and good sky Nz chipping in the $13mill cash for nrl to cover the grant but where is the other $15-17mill going to come from for a club to thrive? The Crusaders don’t earn that sort of revenue and they are the best club in the countries number 1 sport.
Crowds? Highly unlikely in a union city of 300k corporates? Does Christchurch or Wellington have big companies aligned with it To generate big sponsorship deals?

This is by far the biggest issue for nz2 and one that the nrl won’t want to take a gamble on. if they can get big money backers and if they can get sky nz to significantly up their tv deal again then your probably right, but those are two very very big ifs At this point in time.

they tick the boxes strongly for stadium, jnr development opportunity and rivallary potential .

Don’t get me wrong, there are disadvantages which you have quite rightly touched upon. Location and corporates are a pretty big if but I think it’s looking likely (unless V’landys goes beforehand).

I would love Perth to be chosen; it is my preferred option.

Latest posts